Coach Collingwood and Buckley - time to move on

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pies need a complete clean out of anyone that encouraged or supported the exit strategy of Treloar and co, that’s the only way to save the team and clubs soul. As soon as players are treated like stock the bond between the players and club is gone.

One of the few sports in the world the AFL where loyalty still kinda remains between club and player. Would hate the AFL to become sport where players get sold/brought all the time like in the Premier League.

So if whoever that guy from West Coast was that kicked that amazing goal from the boundary missed his shot, and Buckley had a premiership, we wouldnt even be having this conversation. It's dumb.

Yes we wouldn't as Collingwood would not have screwed their salary cap to get Beams back, and Buckley would not have shown his true colours when trying to turf Treloar.

Didn't Bucks spurn North in the early 90s? Would be a lovely bit of symmetry if they were the team that ultimately saw him get the flick.
Can see it happening too, Cunnington looks to (finally) be in good shape and their forward line is starting to click. Pitchforks at dawn
Stuck his nose up at North a couple of times. Gun footballer but never been an admirer of the persona. Don't really enjoy seeing coaches struggle through the media when fighting for their livelihood though.

I can't see us winning because of our inability to run out a game but Nathan probably won't be there if we do win.

I have another reason.

So the media can stop talking about ******* Collingwood.

17 other clubs, dweebs. Dees on top of the ladder for first time in 16 years, a really close race for the top in talent, a battle for 8th where you can make a case for 5 taking the slot, but the refrain is constantly ******* Buckley, ******* Collingwood. It’s exhausting and I’m not even in Melbourne!

Couldn't agree more, now everyone hates us - not for success but for taking over what should be positive news. It's an embarrassment, and all the clubs fault.

And they have the nerve to try and polish what is a turd and sell it to us fans as something better, like we're all a bunch of 5 yo. Talk about insulting!

I'd personally like to go down to that shithole Holden Centre, line up all those responsible, and shove a pineapple so far up their ass that they'd poke some one in the eye every time they speak.

Bunch of ****s!

So if whoever that guy from West Coast was that kicked that amazing goal from the boundary missed his shot, and Buckley had a premiership, we wouldnt even be having this conversation. It's dumb.

Fine lines,

Examples ad nauseum throughout the history of the league - that's the gig. Bathe in success or Cop it for not.............. no matter how close.

Couldn't agree more, now everyone hates us - not for success but for taking over what should be positive news. It's an embarrassment, and all the clubs fault.

And they have the nerve to try and polish what is a turd and sell it to us fans as something better, like we're all a bunch of 5 yo. Talk about insulting!

I'd personally like to go down to that shithole Holden Centre, line up all those responsible, and shove a pineapple so far up their ass that they'd poke some one in the eye every time they speak.

Bunch of ****s!

Very honest post by a supporter that is not sucked into their lies

Dude your club screw the emotions of its supporters the most and i really dont know how you guys deal with it.
Almost enough to give up following footy.

Very honest post by a supporter that is not sucked into their lies

Dude your club screw the emotions of its supporters the most and i really dont know how you guys deal with it.
Almost enough to give up following footy.

You probably know that Pie fans are the most steely and resilient bunch of fans on the planet with the sh*t the club throws at them, but never give up, you lot never gave up after 37 years in the wilderness.

Maybe I really am *ing dumb but I love the game and I could never ever give up the Pies, as much as they sh*t in my face. At least this year there's some good footy to watch so I don't have to get my teeth drilled which is preferable to watching my mob (yes I have teeth). Watch some real teams play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An Epic summary of the entire McGuire/MM/Nathan era ..and it ain’t pretty.

“Do you realise that despite your best intentions in 1999, this is still the Collingwood that has faltered cyclically in all the same ways?
The collection of everything that’s happened could cast the club into the sort of oblivion that Carlton’s endured since the fall of the John Elliott administration, or the purgatory Melbourne’s experienced since the sacking of Norm Smith.
I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see that quick turnaround on the horizon.
I see the pain.
And lots of it.”

What a total unmitigated disaster Buckley and Ed have created at Collingwood. Both will go down in history as the two together who ####ed the club up bigly.

Sack him and just get Pendlebury to captain coach the rest of season.

And it just feels like McGuire will not go away.

Unbelievable cluster fluck re: list management! The pain will be felt for a long time.
Taken from another site:

We (Bulldogs) netted 526 Draft Points last year from Collingwood. So we take the actual picks last year and our second rounder as it stands today:

Pick 36 is 502 Points. Which means as of today we are NET POSITIVE, we got Treloar AND (equivalent points to) Pick 71.

... We are currently getting paid =Pick 71 and $1.5M to employ AT and let him kick goals on the run for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back