Collingwood and its Do Better Initiative was clearly just a token PR exercise

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Pathetic from Collingwood and its senior/influential figures at the club.

Toxic bigotry and unwillingness to be a more progressive 21st Century club is an indictment on the power brokers at that club (nothing at all on the coaches, players or supporters I should add)

Not good enough Carringbush, not good enough at all.

Toxic bigotry and unwillingness to be a more progressive 21st Century club is an indictment on the power brokers at that club (nothing at all on the coaches, players or supporters I should add)

harry o is a bloke on a mission to destroy Collingwood.
He had Eddie cancelled and the admin changed.
I’m Aboriginal and proud but this blokes drive for division and angst makes me sick to my stomach!

• Banned
I’m Aboriginal and proud but this blokes drive for division and angst makes me sick to my stomach!

He isn't Aboriginal for one thing, and also he didn't 'cancel' Eddie and the fact he has the support of Andy Krakeour and Leon Davis suggests that he has credibility on his side.

The fact he got threatened by a Collingwood big wig at the time to stay silent is extremely concerning.

This is not about creating division or factions, but holding a toxic, bigoted culture to account and hopefully a means for change for said club culture going fowards.

As I said before, I don't tar the Collingwood supporters, players or coaching staff for the grievances Heritier had stated, this is all on the board and corporate level at the Collingwood football club, which is unacceptable and need to be held accountable

well good to see you don't just jump on the first thing published. Have you bothered to understand the process and who has been part of this process, or do you go blindly believing every disgruntled person?

He isn't Aboriginal for one thing, and also he didn't 'cancel' Eddie and the fact he has the support of Andy Krakeour and Leon Davis suggests that he has credibility on his side.

The fact he got threatened by a Collingwood big wig at the time to stay silent is extremely concerning.

This is not about creating division or factions, but holding a toxic, bigoted culture to account and hopefully a means for change for said club culture going fowards.

As I said before, I don't tar the Collingwood supporters, players or coaching staff for the grievances Heritier had stated, this is all on the board and corporate level at the Collingwood football club, which is unacceptable and need to be held accountable
So you have chosen to believe everything he says?

• Banned
So you have chosen to believe everything he says?

Why wouldn't I? If he was lying about previous allegations at Collingwood, the club would have denied it publicly and or sued him for libel/defamation???

By conducting that 'do better' inquest (as seemingly trivial as it now may seem), Collingwood have pretty much confirmed that much of what Heritier has alleged did happen

Heritier isn't on trial or facing judgement here, your footy club is, and from the sounds of it, you have done a pretty piss poor job trying to atone for previous mistakes.

1568327125364_8679ff341cf4447e71e351dee561734d.jpeg

Good on him, the club will offer platitudes when the focus is on but once the media turns it's attention elsewhere it's all forgotten and back to business as usual. It didn't seem like there was ever really a willingness to make amends or make changes by the club going back to the way the report's findings were released and the press conference of Eddie McGuire. The club still obviously hasn't come to terms with its past issues of racism from Winmar/McAdam to McAlister to Goodes to Lumumba and Krakouer.

Hopefully Nev Jetta is able to make some headway but even more hopefully he is able to find a role back at Melbourne one day.

So what do you feel is a reasonable action for the Collingwood FC to take that they haven’t already?

Also, where’s your thread for Rioli/Hawthorn?

Pretty silly to make another pies racism thread that was done to death last year when you dont even work at Collingwood to know what they are doing. Lumumba will never be happy with the pies process put forward to him because they are using professionals and not what Lumumba thinks should happen. Lumumba starting to look like a coward always taking pot shots from another country for years blaming ed and bucks who are now removed but now has started attacking the new staff he doesnt know like how strange. Lumumbas language to keep complaining from the usa sort of reeks of dummy spit because his court case suing the pies for a pay day is probably not going well. It’s not smart and very detrimental to his court case sending public letters to collingwoods new sponsors who weren't at the club when he was there. The world has never fixed racism yet so dont expect any sporting clubs process in 6 months will quick fix racism and heeling either as it will take a very long time and im indigenous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks to me no matter what they do these guys won’t be happy. Sometimes you can’t make unhappy people happy. That’s life.
The truth of course will always be somewhere in the middle.
Looks like he going to complain to media outlets for the next 30 years living overseas instead of being a man doing it face to face. I bet he wont tell the media that he loves living overseas and smoking weed for years.

Why wouldn't I? If he was lying about previous allegations at Collingwood, the club would have denied it publicly and or sued him for libel/defamation???

By conducting that 'do better' inquest (as seemingly trivial as it now may seem), Collingwood have pretty much confirmed that much of what Heritier has alleged did happen

Heritier isn't on trial or facing judgement here, your footy club is, and from the sounds of it, you have done a pretty piss poor job trying to atone for previous mistakes.
I’m fairly certain you go back 10 years and most, if not all, clubs would have had players experience the same things. Look at Cyril for instance. I’m sure other clubs would have had similar instances.

However, you have now decided that everything Lumumba says is the honest truth and what he says is exactly what happened.

He was complaining about certain meetings not happening even though a specific date had been published on when the initial meeting was to occur (30 April). The guy refused a copy of the Do Better Report. Said he wasn’t interested in it.

He is a bitter person looking for a payday.

Seems like he is your hero and his word is your gospel. Didn’t take you long to start this thread did it? Sad really.

Every time there's a thread like this (whether it's about Lumumba, Goodes, Robbie Muir, Cyril Rioli, Eddie Betts, etc) it's always the same people discrediting them. Makes you wonder why.

Every time there's a thread like this (whether it's about Lumumba, Goodes, Robbie Muir, Cyril Rioli, Eddie Betts, etc) it's always the same people discrediting them. Makes you wonder why.
Lumumba said last year he doesn't want to be involved in the do better process but continues to s**t talk about it from overseas when he isn't involved. Cant have it both ways if your not interested in helping the club with change but more interested in suing them from a distance. Lumumbas court case against the pies isnt going to well i hear.

Last edited:

“Them” ?

I would be quietly confident that Lumumba has a histrionic personality disorder. That doesn’t mean he and others didn’t experience racism, but I think he thrives on conflict and drama, not discussion and compromise. He refused to be involved in the initial investigation and report, by his own account he stormed out of meetings recently where Collingwood’s lawyers were present, which is pretty juvenile. He can only tolerate his own narrative driving everything. He doesn’t want reconciliation, he wants this to keep going.. for ever.

The racists and apologists had it easy when it was just Lumumba making allegations and complaints. One guy, sour grapes and all that

But now Collingwood has three former players coming out in unison and saying they wont engage with Collingwood anymore over the process, because they are still encountering disrespect.

Not so easy just to blame it one guy anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back