Opinion Collingwood and Richmond, who finishes higher in 2023?

Who finishes higher in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No no no no. You only want to count Grand Finals on the traditional last Saturday in September so of course this means you can only count the traditional Grand Final ground the G and traditional opponents. Therefore your win at the Gabba is void as are your soft kills against non traditional opponents. By your metrics the Tigers have not won a flag since 1980. The drought continues.

Who am I to argue with you SOTY? Just a mere male.

And so it is shown folks that Collingwood, who have not won a Grand Final for 32 years, nor for another 32 years prior to that, and have not won a Grand Final on the day it was scheduled for all 64 of those years, are NOT jealous of Richmond's famous recent dynasty 3 Grand Final victories in 4 seasons all delivered on time, on budget, without drug cheats or coke heads on our list, and save for the odd clip over the ear, without controversy. Because these Grand Final victories do not count it seems.

Harsh.

I think we'll count them anyway. So in the last 64 years it remains:

Grand Final victories delivered on time, on budget - Richmond 8, Collingwood nil. :)

Just so as not to upset my many Collingwood supporting ex-friends and my ex-nephew, Premierships in that period:

Richmond 8, Collingwood 2. Still looks quite a disparity. :cool:

Who am I to argue with you SOTY? Just a mere male.

And so it is shown folks that Collingwood, who have not won a Grand Final for 32 years, nor for another 32 years prior to that, and have not won a Grand Final on the day it was scheduled for all 64 of those years, are NOT jealous of Richmond's famous recent dynasty 3 Grand Final victories in 4 seasons all delivered on time, on budget, without drug cheats or coke heads on our list, and save for the odd clip over the ear, without controversy. Because these Grand Final victories do not count it seems.

Harsh.

I think we'll count them anyway. So in the last 64 years it remains:

Grand Final victories delivered on time, on budget - Richmond 8, Collingwood nil. :)

Just so as not to upset my many Collingwood supporting ex-friends and my ex-nephew, Premierships in that period:

Richmond 8, Collingwood 2. Still looks quite a disparity. :cool:
You make Dermott Brereton look like Charlie Chaplin. 🤯

Was always on the cards. After all the hapless Magpies have finished higher up the mountain than the mighty Tigers in 39 of the last 64 seasons, or 1.56 times as often as Richmond have finished above the club who represent the welfare class with perfect dishonour. Collingwood converts it's ascendancy over Richmond to a Grand Final win once in every 39 occasions, or 2.5% of the time in that period. However the clever Tigers convert their ascendancy over the Magpies on the ladder to a Grand Final win 32% of the time. 32/2.5 = roughly 13 times as often as the hapless Magpies. In other words, Collingwood is about 7.6% as good at doing that as Richmond is.

You have to wonder about the wisdom of leading a climbing expedition if your fellow climbers simply climb over you every time the summit is in sight. :)

Corn Cobbers South of the Yarra

Are you sure you don't want us to play your finals series for you? ;)

Last edited:
Was always on the cards. After all the hapless Magpies have finished higher up the mountain than the mighty Tigers in 39 of the last 64 seasons, or 1.56 times as often as Richmond have finished above the club who represent the welfare class with perfect dishonour. Collingwood converts it's ascendancy over Richmond to a Grand Final win once in every 39 occasions, or 2.5% of the time in that period. However the clever Tigers convert their ascendancy over the Magpies on the ladder to a Grand Final win 32% of the time. 32/2.5 = roughly 13 times as often as the hapless Magpies. In other words, Collingwood is about 76% as good at doing that as Richmond is.

You have to wonder about the wisdom of leading a climbing expedition if your fellow climbers simply climb over you every time the summit is in sight. :)

Corn Cobbers South of the Yarra

Are you sure you don't want us to play your finals series for you? ;)

Who you personally? Give it a miss thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately for you your grand final is against North at the MCG next week where you'll get to farewell Trent, Jack and Dusty in an embarrassing 5 goal loss

See you in 35 years 😁

35 years? That equates to 0.55 Collingwood Grand Final victories at the rate you go. But we all know you can't get 0.55 Grand Final victories, so even if we go into one of our rare 12 year+ Premiership droughts in that period, we will still have an equal amount of Grand Final victories in that time. :)

I know, but you think you figured it today lol!

I also know that Collingwood has to beware of the interstate team at the 'G on PF or GF day. I think you guys are gonna f*** this up, and if you do, remember to walk off the ground like winners lol!

That’s nice for you. Enjoy September

I think we have an answer to this now.
Hey, ease up buddy. All we need to do is flog North & Port by 100+points, and everyone above us lose.
Still a mathematical chance.

charles-bronson.gif

Back