Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Who has the greater supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice unbiased history lesson there. So to expand your metaphor you are saying you're like the ancient Greeks, or the Aztecs, or the Incas, you did cool stuff but for one reason or other never surpassed it since. I see your pain.
Simple facts, after 120 odd years you are still telling yourself you'll catch us... you haven't, you won't

So the thread is who has the greatest supporter base, yet this thread is littered with cyclical arguments of most flags in our life times. Can we please move off that and onto the topic mentioned in OP?

Now, to answer the question of "Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base" we need to look at the cold hard facts. The fact is our good mate Roy has done the research and it is undeniable that The Swans win out here.

So the thread is who has the greatest supporter base, yet this thread is littered with cyclical arguments of most flags in our life times. Can we please move off that and onto the topic mentioned in OP?

Now, to answer the question of "Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base" we need to look at the cold hard facts. The fact is our good mate Roy has done the research and it is undeniable that The Swans win out here.
Attendances.jpeg

oh snap bitch

Bit boring only seeing Collingwood's name over and over again, old mate Tigger only gets one mention, some fluke interstate or something... we beat the Pope 121,000 to 120,000... take that Jesus you ****en minnow!

Bit boring only seeing Collingwood's name over and over again, old mate Tigger only gets one mention, some fluke interstate or something... we beat the Pope 121,000 to 120,000... take that Jesus you ****en minnow!

Not a bad effort topping the pope. Swans probably could have doubled that though.

Premiers again, biggest most watched club in the land, still young enough to dominate for quite a few years yet, scary for oppos but damn its a good time to support the Tigers.

Winners are grinners, is this the reason the Magpies are all toothless?

Most watched club in the land in 2019
Was Collingwood

B2C3CDA7-84FF-4FC9-9D1C-60730542D92A.jpeg

Collingwood broke 1.2 million through the home and away season 6 times. Has Richmond ever done this???

Collingwood 15 premierships to Richmond 12

According to Roy Collingwood have 637,000 fans to Richmond 487,000!!! Every fan survey has Collingwood and Essendon for that matter clearly in front of Richmond
Couldn't give a s**t. Good on both you and Essendon, sincerely even though it seems I'm being sarcastic. My point is swans win and we are both minnow clubs.

As always Richmond fans, best to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see most of your clubs work

16 to 5... shellacking!

6BB8DBAB-123A-4D09-9449-430BFB47B589.jpeg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As always Richmond fans, best to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see most of your clubs work

16 to 5... shellacking!

View attachment 798387
You should thank the Anzacs.

11 Anzac Day games on this list, at least.

Still can't draw 32,000 against Melbourne at the MCG on a fine winter's day even though you're finals found. Oh well.

You should thank the Anzacs.

11 Anzac Day games on this list, at least.

Still can't draw 32,000 against Melbourne at the MCG on a fine winter's day even though you're finals found. Oh well.
The Big dog gets the bone, you'd be bigger than Essendon if you hadn't spent 4 decades at 9th

That's why HISTORY matters today

Despite all this banter, I gotta dips me lid to Collingwood for putting on free Christmas lunch for the entire Magpie Cheer Squad.

A mate of mine was actually serving the meals on Xmas Day and apparently they were lining up a bit slowly, so he asked them to move along. "Come on, come on, some of us have homes to go to....."

GOLD!!!!!!

Despite all this banter, I gotta dips me lid to Collingwood for putting on free Christmas lunch for the entire Magpie Cheer Squad.

A mate of mine was actually serving the meals on Xmas Day and apparently they were lining up a bit slowly, so he asked them to move along. "Come on, come on, some of us have homes to go to....."

GOLD!!!!!!
Your mate must be doing well for himself, working on Christmas Day, serving meals to members of a club he obviously doesn't like, in order to make a dollar.

Let me guess, he still lives with his parents?

GOLD!!!!!!
Most of society views football fans in general that way, welcome to the Millennium, and your new status update

If the Pies have a bigger supporter base, explain this....

2017 Prelim - Rich v GWS attendance 94,258
2019 Prelim - Coll v GWS attendance 77,828

Both played the same opposition, same ground with a GF berth at stake.
Frig me.

For the upteenth time, if Collingwood had gone fifteen years without a Preliminary Final appearance, we'd have got 120,000 to the game, regardless of the opposition.

Fortunately, as a Collingwood supporter, I've never seen my team go through multiple decades of mediocrity, so I guess we'll never be able to compare apples with apples.

Frig me.

For the upteenth time, if Collingwood had gone fifteen years without a Preliminary Final appearance, we'd have got 120,000 to the game, regardless of the opposition.

Fortunately, as a Collingwood supporter, I've never seen my team go through multiple decades of mediocrity, so I guess we'll never be able to compare apples with apples.

Nice try but no. Your PF attendance was way below par. Had Richmond played GWS in the PF, there's enough evidence to suggest a 90K+ attendance even though it was our 3rd consecutive PF.

Back