Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Who has the greater supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone knows that Collingwood have more supporters than Richmond full stop. Even Rasha knows that, just look at his avatar :)

I may have lost a bet, and unlike certain posters on the Bay who are known as welchers, I honour my bets and always have.

However, me losing a bet doesn't change the fact that Richmond are the biggest club in Australia.

I may have lost a bet, and unlike certain posters on the Bay who are known as welchers, I honour my bets and always have.

However, me losing a bet doesn't change the fact that Richmond are the biggest club in Australia.

Good for you sunshine

What do you think about Craze’s opinion that away games against co-tenants of the MCG are a valid measure of said supporter base?

Richmond 1 million through the gates.

100,000 members,simply amazing.

Of course Essendon would be number 1 if they were at the MCG for home games and finals.

lol Essendon have only ever outdrawn Collingwood when Collingwood have missed the 8 and Essendon were playing finals. What makes you think it would be any different? Essendon only drew 5,000 v north at the Gold Coast while Collingwoos v Geelong drew 22,000 in Perth with 15,000 Collingwood fans. If Collingwood were playing at the Gold Coast their would be 10-15,000 Collingwood fans in attendance at the Gold Coast

Well one thing's for sure. Collingwood fans are the most easily triggered ...

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 12.48.51 am.png

Collingwood supporters post facts ITT. Richmond have nothing. So of course we have more posts

Shall we have a friendly wager who pulls the biggest MCG crowds or would you rather keep flapping your gums for another 200 pages?

Last edited:
Collingwood supporters post facts ITT. Richmond have nothing. So of course we have more posts

Shall we have a friendly wager who pulls the biggest MCG crowds or would you rather keep flapping your gums for another 200 pages?
Or maybe it’s that you know you don’t have a leg to stand on in this debate and feel that quantity of posts will cover for your lack of substance?
Anyway, Richmond > Essendon > Carlton > Hawthorn/Collingwood is the generally accepted ranking in this city. You guys just have to deal with it and move on

Or maybe it’s that you know you don’t have a leg to stand on in this debate and feel that quantity of posts will cover for your lack of substance?
Anyway, Richmond > Essendon > Carlton > Hawthorn/Collingwood is the generally accepted ranking in this city. You guys just have to deal with it and move on

lol 😂 Collingwood is the biggest club in Melbourne and Victoria and around Australia. In order it is Collingwood’s > Essendon >Richmond > Carlton and Hawthorn.

collingwood then Essendon are easily the two biggest clubs in Australia 🇦🇺. Richmond are only big in the eastern suburbs. Have a look at the crowds Collingwood drew in Perth 22,000 even the commentators stated that it was like a Collingwood home game. Also johnathon brown said earlier in the week the Collingwood was the only club that our numbered Brisbane supporters whenever the pies played at the Gabba.

Maybe Richmond should actually try and draw more people through the turnstiles then Collingwood during the home and away season till they can claim to be the biggest club in Australia. You guys are not even the 2nd Essendon are way bigger then Richmond too. When Carlton start winning they will quickly jump over Richmond to be the 3rd biggest afl club.

didnt the afl recently have a survey and Collingwood was the biggest afl club and west coast 2nd???? Where was Richmond lol 😂

lol 😂 Collingwood is the biggest club in Melbourne and Victoria and around Australia. In order it is Collingwood’s > Essendon >Richmond > Carlton and Hawthorn.

collingwood then Essendon are easily the two biggest clubs in Australia 🇦🇺. Richmond are only big in the eastern suburbs. Have a look at the crowds Collingwood drew in Perth 22,000 even the commentators stated that it was like a Collingwood home game. Also johnathon brown said earlier in the week the Collingwood was the only club that our numbered Brisbane supporters whenever the pies played at the Gabba.
Maybe Richmond should actually try and draw more people through the turnstiles then Collingwood during the home and away season till they can claim to be the biggest club in Australia. You guys are not even the 2nd Essendon are way bigger then Richmond too. When Carlton start winning they will quickly jump over Richmond to be the 3rd biggest afl club.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol Craze backing down from a wager because he knows he's wrong :tearsofjoy:

Don't worry mate maybe you can get a job as Trump's new campaign(er) manager... better hurry though

lol Craze backing down from a wager because he knows he's wrong :tearsofjoy:

Don't worry mate maybe you can get a job as Trump's new campaign(er) manager... better hurry though
Nice melt.

What wager have I backed out of?

And yeah I'd be happy to work for Trump and go into battle against commo lefty soy boys like you.

How are you planning to account for the difference in fixtures (i.e. Collingwood getting two public holidays)?

Collingwood. The only Victorian team to have drawn 20,000 in a Perth Stadium. During Coronavirus. Against Geelong.*

*No other Victorian team has played Geelong at Perth during Coronavirus.

Collingwood. The only Victorian team to have drawn 20,000 in a Perth Stadium. During Coronavirus. Against Geelong

Yep. Which shows the idiocy of using one game as a benchmark for support

The big question is whether Collingwood can draw more than 31,900 when they play Melbourne at the MCG next year

Meanwhile you say we're the "equal fourth" biggest club but complain about the fixture, weather and dodge bets :tearsofjoy:

Back