Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Who has the greater supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where’s all the Richmond fans gone? Only Collingwood supporters on this thread now.

As Like all typical Richmond supporters they have all gone in hiding to not be seen in the year 2046

Can’t be bothered arguing with you lot any more. Lost too many brain cells reading your dribble

Why don’t your members turn up? Makes no sense to have 20k more members who don’t turn up to games, should be smashing our attendance. Is the grounds policies of no pets an issue?

Why couldn't Collingwood outdraw us last year when both our clubs were top 4?

Don't you understand that attendance and membership is irrelevant because ummm facebook survey?
If you can't accept that gopies1981 will get very upset again and will feel compelled to create yet 100s more posts explaining it to you.

That's a blip because your fans thought you were in the middle of a dynasty, seriously don't even bring it up, the few times we are outside the 8 we still smash records, you guys disappear... historically there is only one superclub!

Biggest H&A Crowds.jpg

Why can’t Richmond out draw us while having 102,000 members? Why are Collingwood continuously the biggest club on survey’s and social media?? Richmond are always behind Collingwood and Essendon in every survey.....please explain??? Oh wait bet you are unable too!!!

Bulldogs v Richmond 36,151 only lol! Minnowmond back in town.
Where are you gopies1981?

38,000 for a Pies HOME GAME at Docklands agains another Vic club. WTF? Where are your 82,000 'members' then?

Aren't the pies 2nd on the ladder?

North (10th) v Richmond (6th) 2013, Att: 46k

82,000 members. Crowd was 38,000. Assuming 10k North, that leaves 28k Pies.

Minnowesque.

A Richmond supporter having a crack about members not turning up. I’ve heard it all.

None of you ever want to attempt to explain why 20k more members sees you behind us in attendance. Makes no sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, except for actually turning up to games.

2018 (we’ll be generous and assume both clubs had 65% of crowd attendance)

35% of Richmond members attended per game
43% of Collingwood members attended per game

For a big vaunted membership, 20k over the Pies, doesn’t seem to translate to match day support.

2018 saw a 36.8% membership increase on the back of the flag. Does that number hang around if the club doesn’t produce sustained success?

C’mon Craze, let’s hear your reasons.

Started out, it was pretty near
I didn't know how or why
Or what the fans were doin' there

Just a couple more rounds
Made me feel a lot better
Believe me when I tell you
It was nothin' to do with the weather

The Pies took a big lead
I took a look at the ladder
Richmond started to bleed
Cathin' up to us was getting harder

Back after the bye
Pies started a dash, went on a run
Just a few Tiges fans
Watching games on their ow-ow-ow-own

Woh-hoh-oh, the gap is gettin' bigger
Woh-yeah, the gap is gettin' bigger
Wo-hoh-oh, the gap is gettin' bigger
Yeah-eah-eah, mmm it’s gettin' bigger

DF57DFC7-8D64-47A3-9C0A-52EF127AF95D.png

lol desperate much? cherry picking our interstate away crowds

we still have the highest home game average, 10k more then Collingwood

Lol and you have played all Victorian clubs for your home games!! At the end of the day people look at total home and away attendance’s not home attendance’s and Collingwood will be over 100,000 more then Richmond after 16 rounds. Collingwood is the biggest club in the afl deal with it. Like social media Collingwood are over 100,000 more followers then Richmond who are ranked 4th behind Collingwood, Essendon and hawthorn. If Richmond were really as big as you say they are they will be winning every single supporter base survey in the league yet their is nothing that shows Richmond are bigger then Collingwood. Not even attendance’s as we will be over 100,000 then Richmond next week!! We also have home games against Richmond and Essendon to come where Richmond are playing home games against interstate sides so your average home games of 60,000 will not be for much longer 😂

Are the tigers still using 1 year - 2017 - as the basis for their entire argument?

ONE SINGLE YEAR..!?

lol seriously. :smirk:

Then there is that pesky 20% more members than anybody else.

That's all you have

Shame the thread isn't titled Who has the greater membership

Shame they don't turn up to games

Shame RFC doesn't separate memberships from merchandise revenue in their annual reports - wonder why

Shame the MCG doesn't provide kitty litter for these 'members'

A Richmond supporter having a crack about members not turning up. I’ve heard it all.

None of you ever want to attempt to explain why 20k more members sees you behind us in attendance. Makes no sense.

Back