Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Who has the greater supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

General conscious amongst AFL fans is Collingwood but an argument can be made for Richmond - being the first club to get 1 million people through the gates in a season and the first club to have 100k members in a season.
Actions speak louder than words , until Coll can trump our membership base it’s nothing but bluster . Talk all you like it’s meaningless

Actions speak louder than words , until Coll can trump our membership base it’s nothing but bluster . Talk all you like it’s meaningless
Lol you don’t turn up. Break the attendance record and we will talk

Played with a stacked deck guaranteed return games with ess and Carl will always boost numbers , keep talkin
You’ve got the season opener, Dreamtime, Anzac Day eve. What more do you want? You should be selling out every game

Collingwood is now officially bigger then Richmond in every social media forum.

Facebook
Collingwood 356,000
Richmond 272,000

Twitter
Collingwood 126,000
Richmond 90,000

Instagram
Collingwood 200,800
Richmond 200,700

Oh and let’s not forget about Roy Morgan
Collingwood 660,000
Richmond 487,000

Let’s all congratulate Collingwood on this amazing feat.

Richmond are just not in our league

Lol, do you understand percentage and or addition?
Collingwoods membership jumped by 23000 not 14000, from 48408 to 71796 a 48% rise.
Richmond went from 72669 to 100,726 a 38% rise:$

Oh we are already 10k in front of last year at the same stage.
Umm, what does the ratio of existing members have to do with the total number of bandwagoners who joined after a flag?

Learn your stats mate, you are wrong in this case.

As soon as Richmond can trump 1.2 million through the home and away season then talk. Remember Collingwood have done this 5 times
I already said that was done with a stacked deck with guaranteed return games with ess and Carl rather than lower drawing clubs , that equates to +100k minimum , there ain’t no denying that , plain and simple , even you could understand it

I already said that was done with a stacked deck with guaranteed return games with ess and Carl rather than lower drawing clubs , that equates to +100k minimum , there ain’t no denying that , plain and simple , even you could understand it

We even draw 1,306,604 in 2010! Something that no other club except Collingwood has even come close

Their is no statistical evidence that shows Richmond have more supporters in Australia then Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol learn not to jump in half way through a conversation, I was correcting someones incorrect percentage, applied to their stats, not mine.
I like to get some back history on these threads and note that your comment went unchallenged. Percentage jump is irrelevant, your argument that I quoted. The total number of people who can jump onto a particular club's bandwagon is the only relevant metric here.

I pass no judgement, by the way - both a bunch of campaigners - it just seemed like a good time to bring it up, given the lack of success you are having against the Pies recently, and the general downward trend in premiership prospects you are experiencing.

I think the Pies will be clear winners by the end of the year.

I like to get some back history on these threads and note that your comment went unchallenged. Percentage jump is irrelevant, your argument that I quoted. The total number of people who can jump onto a particular club's bandwagon is the only relevant metric here.

I pass no judgement, by the way - both a bunch of campaigners - it just seemed like a good time to bring it up, given the lack of success you are having against the Pies recently, and the general downward trend in premiership prospects you are experiencing.

Was their any doubt that Collingwood would be the biggest drawing club in 2019??

Richmond fans are well know for jumping off
a sinking ship. When will they start to sell home games to cairns? That’s the question

Last edited:
Was their any doubt that Collingwood would be the biggest drawing club in 2019??

Richmond fans are well know for jumping of a sinking ship. When will they start to sell home games to cairns? That’s the question
Well, if there was there won't be after the next two weeks. Last year's Tigers side couldn't play away, so what hope does the... "Alex-Jack-less crew"?, no "Rance and Drama Free zone team" have of beating GWS and Port away?

If they lose those two, draw a big fat line through their season, their premiership window, their underpaid good players, and their membership numbers.

A lot at stake here - it's not just a silly game of penis waving.

It doesnt really worry me one way or the other, just having a bit of fun over the off season with a few triggered Maggies.
Ive supported the Tiges since the late 60's so I've seen us big before and in recession, Id still support the Tiges if I was the last supporter left.
I think most real supporters are the same, of course the corporate section of supporters fluctuates with a clubs popularity and the attendant publicity, all clubs have them though.

Well, if there was there won't be after the next two weeks. Last year's Tigers side couldn't play away, so what hope does the... "Alex-Jack-less crew"?, no "Rance and Drama Free zone team" have of beating GWS and Port away?

If they lose those two, draw a big fat line through their season, their premiership window, their underpaid good players, and their membership numbers.

A lot at stake here - it's not just a silly game of penis waving.
Its so nice how the mighty Tigers have brought Geelong and Hawthorn, Collingwood and Carlton supporters all together in their desperate desire to see our glorious reign over their minnow clubs fail.

#rentfree

Who currently has the largest attendance for 2019?

Oh golly its Richmond who woulda thought?:moustache:

Lol only because you played Carlton and us! Will be the last time you are firSt in attendance’s. This week we play west Coast in front of 60,000 at the mcg. You play gws in front of 15,000.

Catch us if you can Richmond lol

Back