Who has the greater supporter base?

• Total voters

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong supporters still melting about 2017.

Geelong fan renounces membership after feeling sexually, physically threatened at qualifying final v Richmond

A GEELONG member who felt sexually threatened at Friday night’s qualifying final against Richmond has renounced her Cats membership.
Elly had been an “on and off” member at Geelong for 17 years, including the last 10 seasons consecutively.
But after feeling sexually and physically intimidated by Richmond fans outside and inside the MCG on Friday night, she said she could no longer support a sporting code that allowed such behaviour.
“All was going well until we walked across the park to the MCG,” Elly told foxfooty.com.au.

This is all a bit weird, innit?

Geelong supporters still melting about 2017.

Geelong fan renounces membership after feeling sexually, physically threatened at qualifying final v Richmond

A GEELONG member who felt sexually threatened at Friday night’s qualifying final against Richmond has renounced her Cats membership.
Elly had been an “on and off” member at Geelong for 17 years, including the last 10 seasons consecutively.
But after feeling sexually and physically intimidated by Richmond fans outside and inside the MCG on Friday night, she said she could no longer support a sporting code that allowed such behaviour.
“All was going well until we walked across the park to the MCG,” Elly told foxfooty.com.au.

How does a 12 year old girl have a 17 year membership tho? :think:

Wow, the more that comes out about that story the more pathetic and deplorable you flogs have made yourselves look. :$

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
My theory is that Geelong supporters are a bunch of whiny snowflake campaigners. They certainly are on this forum.

Jan 25, 2013
Deep Inside
AFL Club
Geelong
Pardon my intrusion in this minnow s**t fight, but I have a question I was hoping that you people could answer for me.

Why is it that on a cold, miserable, wet Saturday afternoon that Collingwood can draw 41k to a game in Melbourne against an interstate club while Richmond in a prime time plum Friday night slot can only manage a pitiful 29k against a Melbourne based team in a beautiful indoor stadium?

I eagerly anticipate your thoughts on the subject.

Pardon my intrusion in this minnow **** fight, but I have a question I was hoping that you people could answer for me.

Why is it that on a cold, miserable, wet Saturday afternoon that Collingwood can draw 41k to a game in Melbourne against an interstate club while Richmond in a prime time plum Friday night slot can only manage a pitiful 29k against a Melbourne based team in a beautiful indoor stadium?

I eagerly anticipate your thoughts on the subject.

Good question.

Recent crackdown/spotlight on fan behaviour may have turned off a few of the Richmond ferals.

41,000 in the rain >>> 29,000 in the nice cosy indoors.

Richmunt as ‘fairweather’ as they come. :$

Collingwood wins the thread again.

No Richmond “supporters” here to defend their “fans”. Shame gopies1981 is suspended and can’t contribute to this.

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers

Collingwood (2nd) v Freo 2019 ... 41,000
Collingwood (14th) v Freo 2016 ... 20,320

That gives you an idea of how Collingwood pull crowds v Freo when going well v.'s when going s**t.

Richmond (6th) v Freo 2013 ... 40,125
Richmond (5th) v Freo 2015 ... 39,777
Richmond (15th) v Freo 2014 ... 22,083
Richmond (7th) v Freo 2017 ... 31,200
Richmond (1st) v Freo 2018 ... 43,240

Pretty similar really.

Only time Cats have played Freo at the MCG (in a final) ... 44k. LMFAO

In this thread, Geelong supporters are Collingwood supporters.
You always hate the biggest the most.
Thanks Cheffy for adding even more evidence to what we all already know :thumbsu:

May 12, 2019
Spain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
all suck
Good idea, let's compare how we both pull crowds against the expansion teams...

There you have it folks, any way you care to slice it or dice it, the Pies pull the biggest crowds against any team no matter how pathetic said expansion team is or what era they joined in

expansion team crowds2.jpg

Last edited:

ToddaRools

Team Captain
Jan 30, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m here. What do you want? **** crowd at North ? We do that to piss them off.

Still smashing everyone on home attendances.
Sorry to burst your delusional bubble champ, but the facts tell a different storey.
Considering you have supposedly 20% more members than us, you should be miles ahead in attendances.....No excuses
c80478fce10f5e9abccdc625a430c13a.jpg
6b17b8bfb583fa55f861ba080bc052f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Good idea, let's compare how we both pull crowds against the expansion teams...

There you have it folks, any way you care to slice it or dice it, the Pies pull the biggest crowds against any team no matter how pathetic said expansion team is or what era they joined in

View attachment 685734
Do those stats account for the fact that Richmond played 2 finals campaigns between 1987 (the year of WCE and Bears introduction) and 2012? The worst on-field performance of any club including Fitzroy.

May 12, 2019
Spain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
all suck
Do those stats account for the fact that Richmond played 2 finals campaigns between 1987 (the year of WCE and Bears introduction) and 2012? The worst on-field performance of any club including Fitzroy.

Like I said... any way you slice it or dice it, over ANY era, no matter how good or how bad the opposition - Pies draw bigger crowds

exp3.jpg

Boston tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2010
Where it all began
AFL Club
Richmond
Sorry to burst your delusional bubble champ, but the facts tell a different storey.
Considering you have supposedly 20% more members than us, you should be miles ahead in attendances.....No excuses
c80478fce10f5e9abccdc625a430c13a.jpg
6b17b8bfb583fa55f861ba080bc052f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So averaging around 10,000 more for home games than Collingwood. Thanks for that. It was what I said in my original post but nice of you to bring up the figures.

May 12, 2019
Spain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
all suck
^ And that's the only way you can ever "win" this argument, by cherry-picking exactly what you want to include: only Home games and only 2019 YTD and only average attendance - which is meaningless in answering Who has the greater supporter base?

FTR: 2019 Home game opponents
Collingwood (6): Geelong, WCE, Dogs, Port, St. Kilda, Freo
Richmond (5): Collingwood, Swans, Melbourne, Hawks, Essendon

So we played 2 Melbourne teams who rank 9th and 13th for attendance in 2019, and you play 4 Melbourne teams who rank 1st (that's us by the way), 3rd, 7th & 10th and THAT is your idea of a comparison? LOL what a campaigner you are, friend

Even if you cherry-pick again and get rid of the pre-2013 results (which excludes our Premiership while including yours), you STILL lose:

2013.jpg

If you make a more reasonable comparison and include our last Premiership as well as yours, it's back to +21% (same as vs. the expansion teams):

last10.jpg

You guys should just quit while you're behind... even when you win your first Premiership in 37 YEARS you can't break 1.4m attendance - Collingwood has done that 4 times this decade and will probably do it again this year to make it EVERY OTHER YEAR on average. Minnows

Last edited:
Its taking longer and longer every week for Methmond flogs to show up and defend their **** truck club
Well you prove the fact that Richmond is the biggest time and again, yet Geelong and Collingwood supporters keep arguing the toss that the biggest club isn't the biggest.
Look I understand you're utterly obsessed with the Tigers, but Geelong and Collingwood, desperate to measure their dicks against ours several times a week gets a bit boring. In fact, we find you a bit pathetic. I mean how many more times do we need to humiliate you before you start to get bored too?

Back