Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Who has the greater supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Richmond ever draw over 1.2 million during the home and away season??

Collingwood have done this on 6 occasions. Richmond at the peak of their powers yet still cannot outdraw Collingwood
Hope this make you feel better.......
1574730291408.png

More flags, biggest attendances every single year! Back in your box minnow, and sorry about the 3peat ;)

View attachment 788293
The pre-war peat was was good. I’ll give you that. But, you do Know Richmond are 5,000 up on last year’s membership count don’t you? Heading for 110,000.

I know, you’ll say but of course, you won the premiership last year.

When Collingwood won their 2nd flag in 50 years, in 2010, their membership went up to what, 80,000?

Sorry to ruin the only success you've had in 40 years

Especially after you endured 37 years at ninth and were the laughing stock of the league

Almost.png a peat free.jpg
3-peat.jpg

2 laughing.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My grandfather whose father owned a billiard room on the Collingwood side of Victoria Parade told me he used to throw rocks across it in the 1930's trying hopefully to hit some Richmond kids.

I wasn't aghast at hearing that as a kid, it just made sense.

And after the last couple of years it really it has hit home how right he was.

:):)

And don't forget to celebrate the 90th anniversary of Richmond losing 3 GRAND FINALS IN A ROW TO COLLINGWOOD

1572092878257.png

Machine.jpg

My grandfather whose father owned a billiard room on the Collingwood side of Victoria Parade told me he used to throw rocks across it in the 1930's trying hopefully to hit some Richmond kids.

He’d would have had some stories.

My Grandfather was going to fight your grandfather but your Pop didn't turn up, funny how the team you support today is similar in nature.

Yet the biggest increase in membership. Collingwood have the biggest growth potential of all afl clubs in terms of membership. Collingwood the biggest drawing club in the afl and the biggest Victorian club on every fan survey.
Easy to have the biggest increase in membership when you are a Minnow.
You and North supporters can compare each others Minnow status.

Back