Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Who has the greater supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's all about Richmond and the salty Eagles these days.
What do we have to be salty about?
All our flags are tainted anyway plus the last one was already tailored to Dimmas measurements before Alex Rance decided the fit wasn’t quite right.

33 years flagless followed by 2 in 30 years, keep on walking champ, we out did your clubs last 63 years in the space of 4.

So who is wearing this obvious Benny?

No way Collingwood would have any new supporters.

It's 100 years since we first went B2B whereas it's 84 years since it happened for Collingwood :tearsofjoy:

More flags than you so whatever you say, you've been far worse

3 GF losses in a row to your rival started the rot and you never recovered

You're still off the pace and always will be

Big 3
I reckon it’s a Big 2 these days.

Richmond
West Straya

Essendon
Adelaide

Hawthorn/Carlton/Sydney/Collingwood (interchangeable depending on form)

The minnows

It's 100 years since we first went B2B whereas it's 84 years since it happened for Collingwood :tearsofjoy:

Days since last B2B flags.

Richmond - 132 days but who's counting? :)
Collingwood - 30,834 days and counting. :)

I reckon the Collingwood supporters stick fat a hell of a lot better than the Richmond supporters.

A bigger bunch of front runners you will not meet. There's a reason those "I was here when we were s**t" T shirts exist.

The woodworm isn't the unofficial Richmond mascot for no reason.

I reckon the Collingwood supporters stick fat a hell of a lot better than the Richmond supporters.

A bigger bunch of front runners you will not meet. There's a reason those "I was here when we were sh*t" T shirts exist.

Not going to argue against the rest of your post, but the bolded I can't agree with, because if it were true, since when did Hawthorn exit the competition?

Not going to argue against the rest of your post, but the bolded I can't agree with, because if it were true, since when did Hawthorn exit the competition?

Look mate, you might be a 60 year old die hard for all I know and do not qualify for the category, but if you are then you very well know that Richmond has had a significant front runner element in its supporter base for decades.

Hell, some of my best mates are die hard old school Richmond blokes, born & bred in Richmond, and they are among the first ones that call out this fact. It's just a fact mate.

Hawthorn are more of a modern phenomena who only really grew since the late 1980's, and particularly since their eastern Melbourne corridor expansion from 2000 onwards. Prior to that they were a small club comparable to North & the Bulldogs.

90% of Hawthorn fans have deserted the Bay in the past couple of years.

90% of Hawthorn fans have deserted the Bay in the past couple of years.

They used to get the s**t constantly kicked out of them even when they were winning.

The average Hawthorn supporter is the musical equivalent of 1980's hair metal band. All sizzle, no sausage.

Frankston used to lead with his chin a lot, but at least he showed up.

A bigger bunch of front runners you will not meet. There's a reason those "I was here when we were sh*t" T shirts exist.

So where are they then, they've been handing out zero game tickets for a couple of years and still cant crack 100k members, or are they all fair weather supporters that don't contribute to the club like Joffa?

Richmond raised $4.5 million from its "front running" supporters long before we broke our 37 year drought.

Oh I am a 57 year old Tiger that has supported them since the late 60's.

So where are they then, they've been handing out zero game tickets for a couple of years and still cant crack 100k members, or are they all fair weather supporters that don't contribute to the club like Joffa?

Richmond raised $4.5 million from its "front running" supporters long before we broke our 37 year drought.

$4.5 mill divided by 100,000 is $45 each mate. 🤣

Im truly sorry many Richmond supporters went without a foil or 2 of weed that year. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno. They're a weird lot.

Then you should know that they would have become extinct during the "Save our Skins" campaign if not for the Crows licence fee arriving in time to save the day.

Dunno. They're a weird lot.

Then you should know that they would have become extinct during the "Save our Skins" campaign if not for the Crows licence fee arriving in time to save the day.
A number of clubs would be broke without the interstate franchises cash.

At least we try and raise the money ourselves, although a lot of oppos did contribute to SOS, we should have done the same for the Lions, shame to lose any clubs.

Except by 2017 after almost 4 decades in the wilderness, Richmond had the biggest membership and biggest home crowd attendance of any club in the comp.
Don't you just get so sick of always having your delusions completely derailed the most basic of facts?
You should just stick to the SRP board and telling everyone that you've got much more expertise, in any topic, than all of the worlds experts combined, because YouTube. Leave sharing your unsolicited ignorance on all things football to those who've got at least a tiny, tiny bit of knowledge of the game.

Hell, some of my best mates are die hard old school Richmond blokes, born & bred in Richmond, and they are among the first ones that call out this fact. It's just a fact mate.
Hmm. I was born in Richmond. How old are they, and what hospital were your mates born in? Or are you just making s**t up again? You poor deluded ignoramus.

Except by 2017 after almost 4 decades in the wilderness, Richmond had the biggest membership and biggest home crowd attendance of any club in the comp.
Don't you just get so sick of always having your delusions completely derailed the most basic of facts?
You should just stick to the SRP board and telling everyone that you've got much more expertise, in any topic, than all of the worlds experts combined, because YouTube. Leave sharing your unsolicited ignorance on all things football to those who've got at least a tiny, tiny bit of knowledge of the game.

There is seismic activity on the trigger scale.

Yes I didn't just completely own you, twice, with very basic facts, I was apparently melting.

Is that what you think? Good for you.

I actually wasn't the one that was compelled to initially respond..............but there you go.

Yeah must be so much easier for you eagles with meth being so.easy to get, don't they have a meth room at the Eagles training venue?
In Richmond 'meth' is hardly a method for teaching kiwis how to add up either

Back