Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Who has the greater supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How many times have Richmond reached 100k members or more?
How many times have Collingwood reached 100k members or more?

Who was first to get a million through the gates in a season, Collingwood or Richmond?

Nobody cares how many pet members you have, it's bums on seats that count

Who was first to get a million through the gates in a season, Collingwood or Richmond?

The same team that was the first to ever play 26 games in a season, and played more games than any other team, duh

Who was the first to do it in a H&A season, where all teams play the same number of games?

Collingwood the only club to draw over 1.2 million people during the home and away season 6 times including 1.3 million in 2010! Collingwood who still holds the home attendance record averaging 63 k for home in 2010 and 61 k I’m 2011!

with all of Richmond’s 100,000 members still have not been able to draw over 1.2 million during the home and away season. If Collingwood had the success of Richmond during the last 4 years the pies would have 150,000 plus members. Actually same with Essendon as well!!
To those Richmond supporters who think their club has the greater supporter base I’ll cut you a little slack, if you were in existence prior 1980 you’d know the correct answer.

They also seem to conveniently forget that we outdrew them in the most recent non-asterix season... while playing 1 less game (which was the 100k GF) :tearsofjoy:

View attachment 1169307

Shame their pet members are banned form the MCG :$

oh we’re have all the Richmond supporter gone? 9,000 to a prime time game whilst having 104,000 members lol!!

put it this way in 2019 Richmond couldn’t even outdraw Collingwood I’m their premiership year.

Collingwood and Essendon are easily the two biggest Victorian club and if the blues ever become any good will be bigger then Richmond too!!

How many times have Richmond reached 100k members or more?
How many times have Collingwood reached 100k members or more?

Who was the first club and only club to break the 1.3 million home and away attendance record??

who is the only club to break the 1.2 million home and away attendance records and the only club to do it 6 times.

no offence but if Collingwood had one 3 out of 4 premierships Collingwood would have 150,000 members by now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody cares how many pet members you have, it's bums on seats that count

The same team that was the first to ever play 26 games in a season, and played more games than any other team, duh

Who was the first to do it in a H&A season, where all teams play the same number of games?

I can answer your question……first club to break the 1 million Mark during the home and away season whilst playing 8 home games at Victoria park was Collingwood in 1992 drawing 1,032,000!

gee Richmond supporters are very quite??? Where have they all gone? Guess back to the good old days of drawing 6,088 people like in round 18 1993

I've changed my vote. Collingwood definitely has 'greater' supporter base than tigers.

You only need to look at the contributions to this thread. The numbers don't lie. Pies have double the number of posts in this thread. And GoPies himself has more than the four top tiger posters.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 5.18.09 pm.png

...because the Tuggers can't support their arguments with facts

first club to break the 1 million Mark during the home and away season whilst playing 8 home games at Victoria park was Collingwood in 1992 drawing 1,032,000!

Wait, are you saying that Collingwood outdrew Richmond and smashed the 1 million attendance mark in H&A while still playing 8 games at the 25,000 capacity Victoria Park, while Richmond played their home games at the 95,000 capacity MCG?

/thread

...because the Tuggers can't support their arguments with facts

Wait, are you saying that Collingwood outdrew Richmond and smashed the 1 million attendance mark in H&A while still playing 8 games at the 25,000 capacity Victoria Park, while Richmond played their home games at the 95,000 capacity MCG?

/thread

absolutely

The crowds Collingwood were drawing at the mcg and Waverley were insane playing infront of a minimum crowds of 60,000 away from Vox park.
And to think Richmond fans think they are bigger then Collingwood 😂

Yet Richmond were the first club to get a million people through the gates in a season.

Also the first club to get 100k members in a season.

Yet Richmond were the first club to get a million people through the gates in a season.

Also the first club to get 100k members in a season.

let’s talk home and away attendances. Collingwood hold the top 6 of all time and the only club to top 1.2 million in attendances on 6 occasions.

in 1992 Collingwood was the first club to break 1 million in attendances during the home and away season while playing 8 home games a Victoria park which had a capacity of 28,000!

Collingwood was the first club to break 1.1 million during the home and away season in 1997 whilst missing the finals that year.

Collingwood was the first and only club to break 1.2 million during the home and away season in 2007!

Collingwood was the first and only club break 1.3 million in attendances during the home and away season in 2010!

we are not taking pet membership like Richmond seem to count. Richmond are sinking quicker then the titanic and watch the membership numbers drop off in droves next year

Last edited:
I've changed my vote. Collingwood definitely has 'greater' supporter base than tigers.

You only need to look at the contributions to this thread. The numbers don't lie. Pies have double the number of posts in this thread. And GoPies himself has more than the four top tiger posters.

View attachment 1169325

And this is why I am the norm smith medalist because I am best of ground and state facts 😂

Back