Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder: Terms like “Minnowmond”, “Shrinkingwood”, “Dwindlewood” and the like belong on the bay, not the main board. Same goes for referring to either team as a minnow, when clearly neither fits that description.

If you see stuff like this, don’t respond with more of it. Click ‘report’ so we can deal with it.

Collingwood probably has a higher number of casual fans and Richmond has a higher number of diehard fans, but there wouldn’t be too much of a difference. I reckon Collingwood still has more fans overall.

Us we have 102k members to 82k

Actually Collingwood have 777,000 fans around Australia. Richmond 563,000.

Membership at the moment has Richmond 98,000 and Collingwood 86,000!

Attendance’s at the moment have Collingwood leading and still Collingwood is the only club to have drawn over 1.2 million people during the home and away season. Actually the pies have achieved this on 6 occasions in 2007, 2008, 2010 (record 1,306,604), 2011, 2012 and 2019! Richmond’s highest was in 2018 with 1,194,000!

Last edited:
Actually Collingwood have 777,000 fans around Australia. Richmond 563,000.

Membership at the moment has Richmond 98,000 and Collingwood 86,000!

Attendance’s at the moment have Collingwood leading and still Collingwood is the only club to have drawn over 1.2 million people during the home and away season. Actually the pies have some this on 6 occasions in 2007, 2008, 2010 (record 1,306,604), 2011, 2012 and 2019! Richmond’s highest was in 2018 with 1,194,000!
There's another thread on this where it has been proved emphatically, the Pies have way more fans, sorry Tiges

It's not the quantity of supporters it's the quality.

The average Richmond supporter is of higher quality than the average Collingwood supporter.

Higher IQ, Higher average income, lower dependency on drugs and alcohol, etc.

This transfers into more memberships.

Last edited:
I'd say the cash intake would suggest otherwise.
Less Pies pay more money for an inferior product?

Richmond has a higher quality of supporters on average

Higher IQ,
case closed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, sure you dont care.
Positive, tell me honestly why it matters?

I see people from both sides get upset about it, but mostly Richmond supporters.

What I do love though, is how Richmond supporters want their club to be the biggest baddest of them all, but always use Collingwood for comparisons.

Collingwood are always going to be a big club when they have such a large demographic to draw from. It's a simple statistical fact that in any given season, half of the population is of below average intelligence.

Then there's the flow on from 2010/11. Three grand finals in two years is a Collingwood dynasty.

Collingwood are always going to be a big club when they have such a large demographic to draw from. It's a simple statistical fact that in any given season, half of the population is of below average intelligence.

Then there's the flow on from 2010/11. Three grand finals in two years is a Collingwood dynasty.
Look mate it was years ago now, just get over it, 3 in 3 years against the tiges, I know it still hurts, but it's just a game.

A lot of people think because the pies have been the biggest in the past they will be forever. Both WC and Tigers have overtaken them, if the blues win this year they will as well. Eventually not having success will cost you members and pies are in a 12 year drought already.

Also quoting attendance numbers to prove the biggest club is not correct. That doesn’t show how big the club is, just how dedicated the fans are which is not the question. Over the last 5 years Richmond have also had the most attendance numbers anyway along with memberships. So not sure how anybody can say the pies are bigger than us it’s not factual.

A lot of people think because the pies have been the biggest in the past they will be forever. Both WC and Tigers have overtaken them, if the blues win this year they will as well. Eventually not having success will cost you members and pies are in a 12 year drought already.

Also quoting attendance numbers to prove the biggest club is not correct. That doesn’t show how big the club is, just how dedicated the fans are which is not the question. Over the last 5 years Richmond have also had the most attendance numbers anyway along with memberships. So not sure how anybody can say the pies are bigger than us it’s not factual.

Collingwood are first in attendance’s this year as well!!! Collingwood are the biggest club draw the biggest crowds! Only club to draw over 1.2 million in attendance’s during the home and away season and have done this 6 times!!

Richmond with 100,000 members yet only draw 21,000 this round!!

Hmmm something just does not add up?

The average Richmond supporter is of higher quality than the average Collingwood supporter.

Higher IQ, Higher average income, lower dependency on drugs and alcohol, etc.

This transfers into more memberships.
This is completely true.

Our family is divided by Richmond and Collingwood.

The Richmond supporters are all actually the ones who made six figure salaries. The Collingwood supporters are on welfare

All good people though, but it's legit true lol

This is completely true.

Our family is divided by Richmond and Collingwood.

The Richmond supporters are all actually the ones who made six figure salaries. The Collingwood supporters are on welfare

All good people though, but it's legit true lol
Now if you think about what you just said for a little while, you will realise that you sound like someone with a low IQ.

Collingwood are first in attendance’s this year as well!!! Collingwood are the biggest club draw the biggest crowds! Only club to draw over 1.2 million in attendance’s during the home and away season and have done this 6 times!!

Richmond with 100,000 members yet only draw 21,000 this round!!

Hmmm something just does not add up?

Lol Richmond has topped the attendances 4 out of the last 6 years (2020 no crowds). And this year is only halfway pies and tiges top 2.
Enough already with your ridiculous 1.2 million season average. This is what I mean about season averages, the fixture is everything about who you play and on what ground and on what day. Weather etc

Now, didn't your mob draw 25K v eagles who bring 3-5K of their own supporters on a Sat arvo? Doesn't quite add up :rolleyes: with your 85K+ members.
Thursday night footy is s**t for workers, school students and regional supporters, you know that but a hater will always be a hater.
Btw Richmond and Carlton have played 3 Thursday night games each this year. Pies ZERO

If you're so big why couldn't you sell out a stadium in two finals against GWS, we did it V GWS 95K. In 2018 PF we dwarfed your pies at the G and I will say I haven't had even 1 pie supporter dispute this because you can't argue the unarguable, it was a yellow and black house.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back