Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder: Terms like “Minnowmond”, “Shrinkingwood”, “Dwindlewood” and the like belong on the bay, not the main board. Same goes for referring to either team as a minnow, when clearly neither fits that description.

If you see stuff like this, don’t respond with more of it. Click ‘report’ so we can deal with it.

Tbh I’m bored with this thread. We have more members and are bigger. I’ll let you guys argue it until you’re blue in the face. It obviously means a lot more to you than it does to me. Good luck for the rest of the season.
50,000 reasons to leave. We get that many to training.

Nah mate, just sick of that other pies bloke texting every match. Even on the game day thread he talked about crowd size instead of the game. Talk about being obsessed. You guys obviously don’t know other factors that affect crowd sizes, like the day weather etc. can’t believe you don’t even know 50k is a great number for today, even the fox footy guys said it. I’m arguing with brick walls, it’s a waste of my time.

I was actually at the game. Didn't need to comment on the match. I actually helped tip you over the 50,000 mark.

Good for you man. I’ll just go watch the 2017-2020 GFs. Dom sheed is my favourite non-Richmond player.

Is that meant to hurt ? Because all it did was make me laugh. Enjoy those Grand Finals but perhaps Tigers fans should concentrate on the current season and turn up to that.

Good for you man. I’ll just go watch the 2017-2020 GFs. Dom sheed is my favourite non-Richmond player.
I actually really like you as a poster, you have gone up even higher in my estimation. You did not give up for one second. You fought a great fight.

I actually really like you as a poster, you have gone up even higher in my estimation. You did not give up for one second. You fought a great fight.
Pies win yet again!! Apparently Richmond tipped over 100,000 members yet only 25,000 of the fans turned up to the game?

Collingwood alone got 50,000 to the queen bday clash.

Afl must of wish is was a Carlton home game crowd may of got to Atleast 70,000!! Atleast Carlton fans would of turned up even on a Thursday night

Whatever the supporter base of both teams, if I was Collingwood it would be minus 1 on preliminary final day 1973.

In the late 1960's as a young immigrant with no family influence as to who I was going to support when it became evident how big VFL was, it was always going to be either Richmond, Carlton or Collingwood. Youngsters want to be associated with winners. These were the powers at that time.

I thank the Good Lord with all my heart he steered me away from Collingwood. What a miserable, heart-broken child/teenager I would have been. In fact, I don't think I could've taken any more after being 45 points up midway through the 2nd quarter in the 1973 preliminary final and losing - out in straight sets!! No more after that.

Both team have a massive supporter base. So has Essendon.

Whatever the supporter base of both teams, if I was Collingwood it would be minus 1 on preliminary final day 1973.

In the late 1960's as a young immigrant with no family influence as to who I was going to support when it became evident how big VFL was, it was always going to be either Richmond, Carlton or Collingwood. Youngsters want to be associated with winners. These were the powers at that time.

I thank the Good Lord with all my heart he steered me away from Collingwood. What a miserable, heart-broken child/teenager I would have been. In fact, I don't think I could've taken any more after being 45 points up midway through the 2nd quarter in the 1973 preliminary final and losing - out in straight sets!! No more after that.

Both team have a massive supporter base. So has Essendon.

You’re a Macedonian marvel you know 😉

Richmond have more country Victoria fans than CFC.

They can’t all get to the games

But come finals they pack the trains and get into the city

That’s a fact

You have no proof. Collingwood are the biggest club in Victoria and that’s a fact. Look at every fan survey, social media followers Collingwood is the biggest. Hell even Essendon is bigger then Richmond around Australia.

Are people dense enough to think members are the be-all-end-all argument?

I'm a diehard Pies fan, but I've never been a member because I don't go to many games, being on the spectrum it's too overwhelming for me. Who cares anyway? Richmond are a great huge club (I hate them, but I hate them in a passionate footy way - got a lot of Richmond mates,) Collingwood are a great huge club. I think we're all pretty lucky as fans to be honest.

Why do we always have to dick measure everything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WGAF Roy smorgan polls Facebook likes lmao - I could just about feel sorry for the Skunks seeing how abysmal they are, Nah!.
I just like them for the laughs and I immensely enjoyed the 2018 GF from the MCC.

This would have to be one of the worst threads on the main board, im surprised it hasnt been closed down.

Who really cares about supporter base sizes FFS.

B33BD6C6-695B-4F1F-B50B-84F90C5C6B95.jpeg You have no proof. Collingwood are the biggest club in Victoria and that’s a fact. Look at every fan survey, social media followers Collingwood is the biggest. Hell even Essendon is bigger then Richmond around Australia.

why do we keep doing this?

There is only one pure test case - attendance to the MCG in cutthroat finals against fanless GWS in recent years

Tigers pulled 85-95k, Pies pulled 75-85k

Case has been closed.

why do we keep doing this?

There is only one pure test case - attendance to the MCG in cutthroat finals against fanless GWS in recent years

Tigers pulled 85-95k, Pies pulled 75-85k

Case has been closed.

Richmond played there first preliminary final since 1982 at the mcg and the weather was dry and sunny

Collingwood played gws in pouring rain all day yet drew almost 78,000!

Richmond play in pouring rain against one of the big clubs in Carlton and drew 50,000 😂

Collingwood have drawn 9.2 million more fans during the home and away season dating back to 1921 while Richmond had a 35 year advantage of playing at the mcg.

Collingwood have drawn over 1.2 million people through the gates on 6 occasions with the last one in 2019 in Richmond’s premiership year.

Richmond have never done this even during there 3 premierships.

Case closed

Richmond played there first preliminary final since 1982 at the mcg and the weather was dry and sunny

Collingwood played gws in pouring rain all day yet drew almost 78,000!

Richmond play in pouring rain against one of the big clubs in Carlton and drew 50,000 😂

Collingwood have drawn 9.2 million more fans during the home and away season dating back to 1921 while Richmond had a 35 year advantage of playing at the mcg.

Collingwood have drawn over 1.2 million people through the gates on 6 occasions with the last one in 2019 in Richmond’s premiership year.

Richmond have never done this even during there 3 premierships.

Case closed
I was at that game. It wasn't pouring rain - I actually walked to GB straight afterwards for a gig and didn't even get (what's left of ) my hair wet.

But if you want to accuse the Pies supporters of being fair weather supporters, knock yourself out. I personally don't think they're any more fair weather than any other club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back