Not open for further replies.
Collingwood

B: 31. F. Appleby, 28. N. Murphy, 9. S. Murray

HB: 34. T. Brown, 51. M. Hore, 37. B. Maynard

C: 11. J. Blair, 53. J. Hellier, 43. A. Oxley

HF: 17. C. Brown, 16. C. Mayne, 26. J. Daicos

F: 47. G. Borthwick, 39. B. Crocker, 54. A. Gallucci

R: 45. M. Lynch, 33. R. Wills, 13. T. Adams

Int: 58. K. Beveridge, 69. J. Blair, 49. M. Chippendale, 57. A. Close, 61. S. Hetherington, 65. L. Howe, 52. E. Le Grice, 62. J. Roughsedge, 60. N. Sing, 56. S. Tahana, 48. L. Tardrew, 63. C. Wellings

23P: 66. D. Stanford

In: M. Lynch, J. Daicos, T. Brown, S. Tahana, D. Stanford, K. Beveridge, F. Appleby, C. Mayne, T. Adams, B. Maynard, A. Close

Out: S. McLarty, B. Mihocek, B. Sier

Richmond

B: 31. O. Markov, 46. B. Miller, 51. S. Morris

HB: 39. N. Drummond, 42. R. Garthwaite, 45. P. Naish

C: 54. J. Ballard, 32. C. Ellis, 29. S. Bolton

HF: 48. L. Baker, 38. N. Balta, 17. D. Rioli

F: 44. T. Stengle, 40. C. Coleman-Jones, 21. J. Townsend

R: 47. I. Soldo, 27. S. Lloyd, 26. A. Miles

Int: 58. J. Aarts, 55. R. Bathie, 67. B. Credlin, 73. J. Ernest, 61. J. Fletcher, 52. S. Mannagh, 64. T. Silvestro, 59. H. Tanner

23P: 60. C. Thompson

In: C. Thompson, B. Miller, R. Bathie, A. Miles, N. Drummond, J. Aarts, S. Bolton

Out: B. Grewar, W. Coates, M. Chol

1 v 2 which should be a cracking game on Sunday. Miles Drummond Bolton & Miller returning is offset with Chol going out, presumably rested. Both sides enter the game chock full off AFL talent should mean it will be a great test for the young VFL kids who have been cruising through for most of the season. Rioli will be playing his first full game as he steps up his return with an eye to him returning post bye. With the seniors playing the night before it will enable the emergencies to play full games and hopefully we continue to see the recent good form from them. A glimpse a a possible long term future set up with Balta and CCJ lining up as the KPFs is sure to bring some exciting moments.

For those that can't get down to Vic Park on Sunday morning the game will be live streamed on the VFL side Sunday morning, which hopefully means that those of you interstate will get a chance to see the boys.

Was about to make a preview thread for this one, thanks _RT_
Looking forward to checking out the live stream - This will be my last bit of Richmond viewing before I go away Sunday night for four weeks to Croatia.
Not liking my chances of finding somewhere that would be showing the game, especially with the time difference.

Hopefully, we can increase our advantage over the Pies on the ladder and really secure that top spot.

Hopefully no injuries Saturday night so we don’t have to pull a few blokes out as our ones play Friday night next week. Makes me doubt that Rioli will play AFL next week as well due to the short turn around.

Will hopefully journey out with the little fellas to see the boys. Haven’t been to Victoria Park since around 80’s when I had to stand on those giant Draught cans to see the game and every time I fell off I would land in mud thicker than dog s**t.
I don’t rate Collingwood, but I think the team that’s lining up on Sunday is a lot different to the one that played Coburg as they rested a few blokes that day.

Will be there. What a great 24 hours of Richmond this weekend. Collingwood are a good side so should be high standard game.

Victoria Park is a great place to watch footy these days. Things have changed (for the old timers)

May meet you there,Vic Park train stop on my line.

Dan Rioli plays a full game.

This bloke playing at the Tote afterwards.

Hopefully no injuries Saturday night so we don’t have to pull a few blokes out as our ones play Friday night next week. Makes me doubt that Rioli will play AFL next week as well due to the short turn around.
This is what annoys me, AFL fixture comes out 2 months before the VFL fixture, was it too hard for us to request that this game be played on a saturday and not sunday due to us having a friday night game the following week.

This is what annoys me, AFL fixture comes out 2 months before the VFL fixture, was it too hard for us to request that this game be played on a saturday and not sunday due to us having a friday night game the following week.

I prefer the VFL to be played the day after.

It means the emergency gets to play.

Sure, if there are injuries, we might need to manage one or two through the VFL game (play 3qtrs rather than 4), but surely that's better than one of our best, fully fit, VFL players missing entirely.

Im liking this Foward line

HF: 48. L. Baker, 38. N. Balta, 17. D. Rioli

F: 44. T. Stengle, 40. C. Coleman-Jones, 21. J. Townsend
Interesting look at a possible future senior line up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the injury?
Tweaked his right knee from memory, he may not even play on Sunday, given there were 8 named on the bench plus the 23rd player.

Leon Baker on a half forward line. Exciting stuff even if he is getting on a bit in years. Only Essendon player I ever liked.
The Swan District boy who played in four flags in succession.
Two for SD in 82,83 and then two for the Bombers 84,85.
He was like a good luck charm and I’m hoping Jack Graham can do something similar as his record in GF is amazing.

We had 3 in-season top-of-the-table clashes at VFL and AFL level so far and lost all of them (vs Adelaide, Port Melbourne and West Coast). That might have been because all of them were away from home, but so is this game.

I'd be surprised if we win.

We had 3 in-season top-of-the-table clashes at VFL and AFL level so far and lost all of them (vs Adelaide, Port Melbourne and West Coast). That might have been because all of them were away from home, but so is this game.

We beat port on the vfl pretty easily , our only vfl loss was the 1 pt loss vs footscray

Last edited:
We beat port on the vfl pretty easily , our only vfl loss was the 1 pt loss vs footscray
Port’s game was moved to PRO due to the state of their ground bc of the cricket season . We belted them by over 12 goals. I think we would have still beaten them at Port. The Dogs game was a shocker and kicking let us down badly all night.

Only West Coast was a true TOTT match, plus we beat the s**t out of Port Melbourne anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back