Collingwood BF posters at GF - Updated Seating List - post 219

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Collingwood BF posters at GF - Updated Seating List post 88

For people that don't sign up next year because of this, I wish you never became a member in the first place. Give your ticket for this week to a member who would do anything to be there. You dont deserve to be apart of the best club in the world.

Be grateful you have a seat.

Pfft, 'anything to be there'? If they were willing to do anything to be there, they would've paid $5000 at the start of the year like the Club 5 members. These are the people that are the absolute most deserving, they've committed to making/have made a significant contribution to the club, more than nearly every other Collingwood supporter would have.

I daresay you've misunderstood my point though. Club 5 is the most expensive membership we have, when I said I wouldn't fault these members for not re-signing, I wasn't referring to abandoning the club, I was simply talking about the value of that package. 5k to sit in the bleachers come GF day? Not a great outcome considering there are priority 2 members drawing seats on level 2 etc.

I'm not a Club 5 member either by the way, just to clear things up. Simply commenting on the issue. I think they are well within their rights to complain.

Umm... Club 5 first came into existence for the 2010 season, and it's a five year commitment... So I don't think anyone will be "not signing on again" next year.

Legend's members shouldn't complain, because they were never promised premium seats, and there's now a waiting list for Legend's membership, so if they don't want it, there's someone else who does.

However, Club 5 members have made a significant financial commitment - It's only fair to say that they deserve a little better.

Yes, that should've read 'not signing on again after their committed period finishes. Apologies, wasn't thinking straight.

Pfft, 'anything to be there'? If they were willing to do anything to be there, they would've paid $5000 at the start of the year like the Club 5 members. These are the people that are the absolute most deserving, they contribute significantly more to the club than most these other 'die hards' you mention.

I daresay you've misunderstood my point though. Club 5 is the most expensive membership we have, when I said I wouldn't fault these members for not re-signing, I wasn't referring to abandoning the club, I was simply talking about the value of that package. 5k to sit in the bleachers come GF day? Not a great outcome considering there are priority 2 members drawing seats on level 2 etc.

I'm not a Club 5 member either by the way, just to clear things up. Simply commenting on the issue. I think they are well within their rights to complain.

exactly! im not that well off.. in fact it actually hurt by pocket to become a legends member but thats how much going to see a grand final means to me! i had to find the money to do this.. EVERYBODY had this choice! Nobody can whinge about missing out on going to a gf when we all had this option.

Because Legends members were never promised first dibs on the best seats. Opti is right, we were promised guaranteed access to a GF ticket if we made it that far.

Thanks Rohan, but read I think you missed a few words in my post.

I said "why should Legends members not have first dibs at the best seats?"

I am questioning the system that favours corporates over members.

Legend's members shouldn't complain, because they were never promised premium seats, and there's now a waiting list for Legend's membership, so if they don't want it, there's someone else who does.

This is missing the point. People are complaining about corporates being favoured over members for the premium seats, not that Legends members were promised premium seats - 99.9% of Legends would be extremely happy they are going.

The point is, someone made a decision this year that members would not receive premium tickets. This is the issue.

Yes, we are all happy to be going, but I'm sick of members being shafted in preference for once a year corporates.

I thought that the Captains memberships were allocated once Legends were taken up and so on - so I was assuming that Legends would get preferential positions in the seating - maybe second or third tier, not top!

It surely can't be completely random in no particular order for seats to be all allocated together between Legends, Captains, Social Club etc? I'm confused and I must admit disappointed given our outlay throughout the years for Legends Membership, weekly Reserved Seat, top price GF tickets and Level Q... :confused:

Legends are priority 1. They get first dibs on seats, along with corporates/Club 5 members.
Captains/social club are priority 2. They second dibs on seats
10+ year members are priority 3. I doubt anyone got any.

I haven't seen anything to say priority 2 members got anything other then standard/restricted view/standing room tickets. Restricted view however, can be in a premium section - mine was last year. A lot of people around me had forked out $260 for their seats, yet I was lucky enough to only pay $140. The very minor restriction? A camera man at the end of the aisle, which I didn't notice all game.

Also, have you seen the seating arrangements at the G, and classification of the stadium? Vast majority is now considered premium....

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/~/media/Files/2011 AFL Grand Final Seating Plan.pdf

Re: Collingwood BF posters at GF - Updated Seating List - post 88

people with this attitude of "you should be grateful to be there" make me sick. in my specific circumstances, why should i be "grateful" to be there? I have been a premium member of the club for 10 years, and a member for 22 years. by my quick calculations i have tipped in over $35,000 to the club during the last 22 years by way of m/ship fees, merchandise and memorabilia bought, items bought at auctions to raise money for the club, etc. i am currently a legends and therefore priority one member paying more than $1000 for my package this year taking account of etihad upgrades and merchandise. i deserve to be there on saturday for the biggest day on the club's calendar, i should not be "grateful" just to step foot inside the gates of the great stadium this saturday

i also deserve to be looked after with a decent seat from the club allocation as one of its premium members, as do all of the premium members. i am one of the lucky ones in that i was only allocated standard seating but scored section M33 at ground level in the ponsford. but many of my fellow legends members have been shunted up to the very back of the top deck of the various stands. and i mean the very last few rows. this situation is a disgrace. we are being told that ticketek allocate the tickets on a 'best available' basis?? what an absolute crock of sh!t. if this was really the case, then there would be as many corpoate tickets in the bleachers as there are competing club members' tickets. however i am tipping that there won't be any corporates sitting next to my mates who have scored the second last row of Q33 despite being legends members for 10 years

one final word - i am pretty sure that those saying we should be grateful just to have a ticket haven't shelled out over 1K for their m/ship this year, and for the last 10 years, otherwise i am sure they would have a very different view of the world

people with this attitude of "you should be grateful to be there" make me sick. in my specific circumstances, why should i be "grateful" to be there? I have been a premium member of the club for 10 years, and a member for 22 years. by my quick calculations i have tipped in over $35,000 to the club during the last 22 years by way of m/ship fees, merchandise and memorabilia bought, items bought at auctions to raise money for the club, etc. i am currently a legends and therefore priority one member paying more than $1000 for my package this year taking account of etihad upgrades and merchandise. i deserve to be there on saturday for the biggest day on the club's calendar, i should not be "grateful" just to step foot inside the gates of the great stadium this saturday

i also deserve to be looked after with a decent seat from the club allocation as one of its premium members, as do all of the premium members. i am one of the lucky ones in that i was only allocated standard seating but scored section M33 at ground level in the ponsford. but many of my fellow legends members have been shunted up to the very back of the top deck of the various stands. and i mean the very last few rows. this situation is a disgrace. we are being told that ticketek allocate the tickets on a 'best available' basis?? what an absolute crock of sh!t. if this was really the case, then there would be as many corpoate tickets in the bleachers as there are competing club members' tickets. however i am tipping that there won't be any corporates sitting next to my mates who have scored the second last row of Q33 despite being legends members for 10 years

one final word - i am pretty sure that those saying we should be grateful just to have a ticket haven't shelled out over 1K for their m/ship this year, and for the last 10 years, otherwise i am sure they would have a very different view of the world

I have to say, that's pretty bad.

Unfortunate you're not like me who actually likes sitting up the back of Q.

Been sitting back there for years purely by choice. But I know I'm in the minority on that one.

M56 Row GG , I know it's undercover but how far ???

Would've liked to be a bit closer but oh well !!!

Hey Guys,

I am in Standing Room M50. I'll be bymyself, but most likely after a few beers I'll be friends with the whole M50 area.

Good Luck Pies.

I am surprised at how disbursed we are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me what it's like up in Q31? Specifically for MM? I live in Adelaide and rarely get to go to the MCG. Any help would be great. Is it worth me taking stronger "eyes"?

Very back row! I was in second back row for the first final last year.

Funny thing is you can't see the area around the goal square. I just saw Milne running into an open goal and burying my head in my hands and saying 'we've lost'.

next thing we're kicking out and its a draw.

Unfortunately I don't think they should be 'standard' seats as you can't see part of the ground. A couple of rows forward is prime.

yeah, you would think there would be a couple of legends 'blocks' and a couple of Prioroty 2 blocks but it seems there are seats everywhere

Legend up in the clouds here (Q53).
God bless the random seat allocation, now screwed two Grand Finals in a row.

Legend up in the clouds here (Q53).
God bless the random seat allocation, now screwed two Grand Finals in a row.

I'm in Q54 Mike.
Not complaining though as I'm in.
If you see an old bloke with a grey beard tumbling down the aisle screaming "Goes Pies", grab my collar before I mount the handrail please....:D

ps. The secret is. Get seat....go for beer...stand where you like.

Mcc members, hoping to get there earlier then 7am with only an hours sleep under my belt this year, to avoid jumping the queue :) Dont care where I'm sitting just happy to be there

M22 Standing (no idea how it works)

Will be wearing side by side hoodie, 2011 guernsey, and a big Collingwood flag as a cape!

So gimme a wave as you walk past :)

Re: List of big footy pies seating at the grand final

For those with row MM consider it a sign, with Mick Malthouse as the coach. Go early, sit in someone else's seat for all the prematch (because face it hardly anyone rocks up early), then...hopefully...take Cat fans seats later in the game as we crush them!

We can all dream I guess.

Wanting to swap Premium Seat M51 Row H for a Standard Seat or Restricted view seat in Ponsford Stand and cash difference made up in face value. Basically trying to watch from the same stand as my brother. (Would consider standing also in Ponsford.)
PM me...Cheers

I copped Q7, row DD (against the wall), sitting with 5 other legends members. Disappointed we got standard, but I sat against the wall in Q9 for GF2 and loved it. You can just stand and lean against the wall while sinking tubes all day, it was amazing. Only difference was, last year I was seat 27, this year I am seat 24. 27 was in the middle of the aisle, so good!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back