Podcast Collingwood Big Footy SPECIAL - DALE TAPPING revisited

Remove this Banner Ad

Magpie Girl and Laurie Holden had the pleasure of interviewing Dale Tapping yesterday.
He gives us an insight into the relationship between his role as the VFL coach and his input into the Seniors, the development and progress of many players, his responsibilities and his excitement to be playing finals.
And so much more.

A huge thank you to Dale for giving us his time (on his day off) and to Sarah Allen, the Media Officer at the Collingwood Football Club for organising the interview. The Club have been fantastic in their endeavour to make people available to us.

The youTube will be up very soon but in the meantime you can listen here

We hope you enjoy listening:)

Subscribe in iTunes

Last edited by a moderator:

Fantastic work again Magpie Girl!:thumbsu:

Don't know how you do it, but you must be very persuasive. The Collingwood Media Dept are also terrific in this regard. And a busy week for Dale. Go the Pies in the VFL finals!

She be well known in the Media Department

Good work. Unfortunately Dale is required to talk the company line so he was most interesting when he was asked specific questions about players or game plans etc. Dont give these guys opportunities to waffle by asking them open-ended questions. Just my personal opinion. Remember to ask unusual questions to these guys to keep them on their toes. Questions like what do you do to improve bonding among the guys....what do you do to keep training interesting? Do you yell at the players when the game isnt going well? Does the crowd being around the team at quarter time affect how you talk to the players? Next time you get a player ask them things that the media doesnt ask them..... it gives you a point of differences between BF and the media. well done.

Great work, guys. And a big thank you to Collingwood and Dale Tapping as well. :thumbsu::hearts:

One bit of the podcast which really got my attention (well, got it even more)...

Dale Tapping said:
Michael Still... there may be some good news in the next week or two. He's gonna be pushing himself up to play. He's back in full training now, so he's not too far away...

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Last edited:
Great work guys. Was a very interesting interview to listen to.
Well done to the club for giving us access to these guys.
Oh and Laurie Holden good work getting the term "The Big Show" into the interview. Had a bit of a chuckle at that.

What I like even more is the fact that Tapps didn't audibly seem to be surprised or bemused at the nickname. I mean, Brendan probably answers to it every time he comes into work (or does the nickname answer to him? :drunk: )

Think he might have undersold Abbott's abilities, though. No mentions of playing entire games with one arm or eating whole galaxies for work-out food or exposing Mark Latham's Twitter account. Just keeping the lid on it, keeping our secret weapon under wraps...:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very impressed with Tapping, and have been since he joined the club. Great interview, and I liked the insights into how his work with the twos, and the VFL game plan, are closely aligned with the seniors. He acknowledged the fans who go to VFL games (thanks) and to Vic Park where we create some noise (thanks again). Confident he is the right man to have in charge of nurturing our players at the lower level, and building them up to senior selection.

Great work, guys. And a big thank you to Collingwood and Dale Tapping as well. :thumbsu::hearts:

One bit of the podcast which really got my attention (well, got it even more)...

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Big Call for Still to comeback in the Finals

Just got the chance to listen to this in full.. Awesome work everybody. Great to hear from Dale again.

Well done to Magpie Girl for making it happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back