Collingwood board meltdown gameday thread

Remove this Banner Ad

i'm not disputing what you've said. I am though interested to know how many hard balls you've witnessed Stevenson get. You've got a good player. No more no less but the knock on him is genuine.

Seen him go when it his turn, no doubts on his hardness.

We've got Cunners and Anderson for now, and just drafted two inside mids.

I'm glad you're happy with him. I'll be honest and say tat I wanted him gone from the day of the betting scandal. My judgement is probably colored by that

Not wanting to take the thread off track, but I hope you marched down there and started setting stuff on fire when Didak was revealed to be hanging with Chris Hudson.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Coup led by this guy, former Ch9 boss...

View attachment 1144460

It has Eddies fingerprints all over it.

I can't believe the PR.

Eddie screwed the club.

New bloke comes in for five minutes.

Then Eddie puts up his mate as the "change" candidate

And people are buying this spin.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't get why Korda keeps calling it a coup. It's not sudden, it's not an overthrow, it's not unconstitutional. I don't have much love for either party here, but Korda's cries about this just seem like every other leader who doesn't want to hear what their constituents think.
Coup because Browne just made threats and expected take over without proper process.

That's what a coup is.

Correct use of word.

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
like to see if elected by the members is Alisa Camplin to be president keen pies girl worked at collingwood before an actual athlete and knows her stuff shes a nice role model and someone to look up too and very successful in her life too and is young.

I support this.She is also a Olympic (winter) gold medalist (became the second Australian and first women) and a bronze medalist. Gold medalist in 2002 and bronze medalist in 2010 in Aerial ski jump.She knows what it takes to win and was on our board you many years after her retirement. Or at least get her back on the board.

If Collingwood don’t turn things around now we could end up being Richmond from 1983-2016, Carlton from 2002-present and Essendon from 2005 to 2020.

collingwoods longest stint of no finals action is 7 years and 12 years with no finals win. If nothing changes in October this year with the board and coach we are in for a very long period of pain and mediocrity

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
So we have a Board that is proud that it never votes, and presided over one of the worst salary cap *ups since the cap came in, and appointed a Bulldog supporter who isn't eligble to vote (although I guess that doesn't matter if they never vote), against a challenger who doesn't want to take power through a vote and who has no plan for what to do with the club.

Neither party wants the members to have a say and the one thing the members seem to agree on (Buckley) both camps plan to do the opposite. And they still have salary cap issues and no draft picks and are in the bottom 4 playing football nobody wants to watch.

Excellent.

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
We’ve had only 4 different Presidents and 4 different Coaches over the past 36 years.
We turnover our officials LESS than anyone. That’s why you’re all wetting your pants over this, none of you can remember Collingwood having any Admin turmoil before.
We are usually at the top of the ladder, but pressure builds over time, people stay too long and it comes to a head. Out last big upheaval was 1982, before that was 1974. But it always gets resolved and we move on. That’s our history.
Enjoy it bed wetters while you can.

And only half as many flags.

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
So we have a Board that is proud that it never votes, and presided over one of the worst salary cap fu**ups since the cap came in, and appointed a Bulldog supporter who isn't eligble to vote (although I guess that doesn't matter if they never vote), against a challenger who doesn't want to take power through a vote and who has no plan for what to do with the club.

Neither party wants the members to have a say and the one thing the members seem to agree on (Buckley) both camps plan to do the opposite. And they still have salary cap issues and no draft picks and are in the bottom 4 playing football nobody wants to watch.

Excellent.
Correct weight, Randwick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caro weighs in.

Caro buried the lede on this article. The Kelly tentacles are interesting and fairly typical for a league that looks professional on the surface but is actually run like a Sicilian village.

Jeff Browne doesn’t have a full board ticket. LOL.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Both jeff brown and mark korda can just wait till there an EGM and let the members do the voting for once.
Jeff and mark are both eddie mcguire anyway so bugger them.

Wait, what?
We are also enjoying watching Eddy and his goons hit the destruct button.

Eddy Eddy Eddy.
We tried to warn you that the karma bus would hit hard ....
Isn't it lovely that we can all agree on something and share the joy.

Mayne was a "mix up".don't forget
Is that the one where they recruited the wrong player?
Is that really a thing? Or just a BigFooty myth?

Caro buried the lede on this article. The Kelly tentacles are interesting and fairly typical for a league that looks professional on the surface but is actually run like a Sicilian village.

Jeff Browne doesn’t have a full board ticket. LOL.
'A bloody civil war'. No one has even lost their job!

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
So the mix-up appears to have been that Mayne had 3 years to go on his contract with Fremantle so they had to pay overs to get him, without really considering the salary cap implications.
Yes but at the time his form was poor and Buckleys comment was interpreted that he should never have been drafted.

Whatever looks shoddy

ExcitementMachine

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
What's happening externally is overrated we have some good kids, some really really good kids we will be back up again soon, you'll be angsting again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back