Collingwood board meltdown gameday thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Graham Wright ch9 just now mentioning Pies will have some salary cap issues to deal with end of the year

What a shambles
Wow. Thats horrific considering its really only Pendles Cox and Mayne who are out of contract this year

Does anyone care about this really aside from Collingwood supporters and the narcissists involved?

I mean sure, point and laugh at the rabble they have become, but there are more successful clubs that we should talk about.

It is a Melbourne thing agreed. Like footy.

I reckon Peggy is seriously underrated. Right person at the right time

No ego ... no bullshit ... she has a level head and knows how to offer support and make the right decisions.
Combine that with Gale who has similar attributes with strong social ethics, you end up with the best combo the competition has seen.

No ego ... no bullshit ... she has a level head and knows how to offer support and make the right decisions.
Combine that with Gale who has similar attributes with strong social ethics, you end up with the best combo the competition has seen.
Can't disagree. I remember listening to her just after she took over and thought "what a breath of fresh air." She and Gale deserve everything they've got.

Jeff "Tom's Dad" Browne says he doesn't have an agenda of power of privilege, also says this:

Browne said current president Mark Korda carried “baggage” for the club’s mismanagement of the salary cap as chair of Collingwood’s finance committee and that Browne would not have put his hand up for the presidency had the board appointed a suitable outsider as president such as ex-premier John Brumby or ex-MCG Trust chairman John Wylie to replace Eddie McGuire.

We’ve had only 4 different Presidents and 4 different Coaches over the past 36 years.
We turnover our officials LESS than anyone. That’s why you’re all wetting your pants over this, none of you can remember Collingwood having any Admin turmoil before.
We are usually at the top of the ladder, but pressure builds over time, people stay too long and it comes to a head. Out last big upheaval was 1982, before that was 1974. But it always gets resolved and we move on. That’s our history.
Enjoy it bed wetters while you can.
Usually at the top of the ladder?
On which planet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually at the top of the ladder?
On which planet?
I mean he’s not necessarily wrong. Collingwood in the last 20 years have played in 5 GFs (same as Geelong and Hawthorn), as well as prelims in 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2019. It’s not top in terms of ladder position but playing in a prelim or more on average every two years is pretty successful.

I mean he’s not necessarily wrong. Collingwood in the last 20 years have played in 5 GFs (same as Geelong and Hawthorn), as well as prelims in 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2019. It’s not top in terms of ladder position but playing in a prelim or more on average every two years is pretty successful.
Successful only if foreplay is a root.

Successful only if foreplay is a root.
Given my side have played in less GFs in the last 50 years than Collingwood have played in the last 15, it’s successful.

Last edited:
Given my side have played in less GFs in the last 50 years than Collingwood have played in the last 5, it’s successful.
Everything is relative I guess.
To my mind, Collingwood have always managed to paper over obvious cracks with better than could be expected performance on field with largely competent but never brilliant lists. This has resulted in good players being regarded as great internally and average players as good. Fans having come close so often expect finals as a minimum. It's a double edged sword. Fans look at Hawthorn, Richmond and Geelong and say that should be us. They blame on field leaders for poor performance when the root of the problem lies in deficiencies not addressed properly for decades. What we're seeing now is that discontent play out. let the cards fall where they may.

So Graeme Wright presents his report on the senior coach to the new Jeff Browne led board and one of those board members is Nathan Buckley’s manager?

Thats nearly as dumb as appointing someone who isn’t eligible to vote.

Graham Wright ch9 just now mentioning Pies will have some salary cap issues to deal with end of the year

What a shambles
We will selflessly volunteer to help them out again, just like last year.

Jeff "Tom's Dad" Browne says he doesn't have an agenda of power of privilege, also says this:

The irony of Korda, an accountant and auditor, being the chair of a club subject to such hilarious financial mismanagement should not be lost on the football community.
Holgate being on the board is great too, as we can't help but watch.

One thing is for sure, they need to sort this s**t out fast, and unite behind the board elected/installed, because it is at the detriment of running a professional football club.

It reminds me of Canterbury in the NRL. They've been one of the most competitive clubs in the League since the 80s until about 2016. They started to have boardroom issues about 2015 and it's been downhill ever since. A great Australian professional sporting club, historically run very well (ex 2002), now brought to its knees by infighting at the very top.

So Graeme Wright presents his report on the senior coach to the new Jeff Browne led board and one of those board members is Nathan Buckley’s manager?

Thats nearly as dumb as appointing someone who isn’t eligible to vote.

Is just majestic. You couldn't make it up.

The irony of Korda, an accountant and auditor, being the chair of a club subject to such hilarious financial mismanagement should not be lost on the football community.
Holgate being on the board is great too, as we can't help but watch.

Oh yeah, Korda signing off on the salary cap that meant they had to ditch Treloar and Stephenson and actively besmirch them as part of the desperate push to unload.

Oh yeah, Korda signing off on the salary cap that meant they had to ditch Treloar and Stephenson and actively besmirch them as part of the desperate push to unload.
i'm not disputing what you've said. I am though interested to know how many hard balls you've witnessed Stevenson get. You've got a good player. No more no less but the knock on him is genuine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back