• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Captain based upon the longest player watch thread:

Adams: 64 pages and 51 pages
Moore: 441 pages
Howe: 59 pages
Maynard: 141 pages
Chrisp: 31 pages

So our new Captain will be Darcy Moore with 441 pages just ahead of Vice Captain being Brayden Sier with 425 pages.
When did we draft Chrisp? He’s a bloody dud! Won’t even be on the list in 2024.

Crisp resigns without jerking us around all season to maximise his offer. That is loyalty, give him the captaincy!
Darcy also signed very early too.
only De Goey waited until the end of the season lately before signing.

Crisp resigns without jerking us around all season to maximise his offer. That is loyalty, give him the captaincy!
There is nothing not to like about Crispy.
Has it all.

There are no defects in the Crisp machine.

He didn’t re-sign preseason. There was still some conjecture, albeit in the media.
No, but April aint so far into the season either. Contacts like Moore's given how high profile he is, take a little extra time to work through. He could have let it drag out longer, but didn't. Just wanted to get it done

No, but April aint so far into the season either. Contacts like Moore's given how high profile he is, take a little extra time to work through. He could have let it drag out longer, but didn't. Just wanted to get it done
I can recall him saying that he considered other offers, but was never really leaving the pies.

Crisp would not have considered anything, he would have told his manager to take the best deal on offer. That is captaincy material. No hesitation. He is captain for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams has been the one who has been “in waiting” for a long time

Will come from him or Moore.

Maynard would be a strong choice too but not sure if he’s ready
I would love to see Maynard but have not heard any official support for him coming inside, but with rumours circulating that Moore's return to full training might be seriously delayed, Adams would have to be firming for the role.

I would love to see Maynard but have not heard any official support for him coming inside, but with rumours circulating that Moore's return to full training might be seriously delayed, Adams would have to be firming for the role.

What rumours?

I think the club will take a cautious approach with Darcy. I think a January return is still on the cards but as for him returning to full training that will most likely happen in February.

I think January for him will be about strength and conditioning and easing him into full training.

I think the club will take a cautious approach with Darcy. I think a January return is still on the cards but as for him returning to full training that will most likely happen in February.

I think January for him will be about strength and conditioning and easing him into full training.
That’s right it’s as though we are tempting fate, by appointing someone with an injury history and currently injured!

That’s right it’s as though we are tempting fate, by appointing someone with an injury history and currently injured!
Agree. In terms of being on the park Maynard and Crisp are safe bets Adams and Moore are not.

We could go with Crisp for 3 years and then hand over to Nick. If we went with Bruz it might be 5 years.

You are right there is no way Moore is in full training until at least Feb.

The timing’s unfortunate for Darc, but it’d be pretty silly to make a long term decision based on who is injured or ill right now.

You never know who’s gonna do a PCL unexpectedly and then get traded to another club.

Yes I’m still bitter. Lol.

Back