Meet Up Collingwood fans in Tokyo

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey everyone. Moved to Japan this year and watched a lot of footy on the app...

Nice OP. Will you play footy in Japan?

Mate of mine was teaching English in Tokyo in the eighties (dodgy bastard photocopied his cousin's degree and inserted his name instead) and he played regularly in a reasonable comp.

He married a great Japanese girl who thrashed us with kimchi.

Mate of mine was teaching English in Tokyo in the eighties (dodgy bastard photocopied his cousin's degree and inserted his name instead) and he played regularly in a reasonable comp.

He ever get caught?

No, he did it for several years with no problem

On weekends, he also became a well-paid golf caddy for Japanese execs

He wasn't a great golfer but he was 6 foot 7 and could smash a drive a long way off the tee which entertained the Japanese

Sounds like he did well for himself.

Sounds like he did well for himself.

Yep that would be the ideal life over here. Need some connections to get in though. I’m only just 6 foot but they still love to have foreigners to speak English too where ever they are. It’s strange for a country who really aren’t that great at English they are still obsessed with it.

Hey mate, don't live there but will be there in march for 2 weeks. Any local places to watch AFL at in tokyo?

The Tokyo Goanas hit a few pubs around Shibuya or Roppongi. I went once this year with my old man and we were the only ones there. Watch all the games at home with the international app. Would be good to meet up with some pie supporters in 2018 though!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I trained with the komazawa magpies who are all Japanese but wanted to see how they play mostly because of the name. Didn’t play any games cause I’ve had both knees recoed and with 2 young kids wasn’t worth the risk. Still tempted though. They are pretty quick and at 6 foot I’d be a walk in CHF!

I trained with the komazawa magpies who are all Japanese but wanted to see how they play mostly because of the name. Didn’t play any games cause I’ve had both knees recoed and with 2 young kids wasn’t worth the risk. Still tempted though. They are pretty quick and at 6 foot I’d be a walk in CHF!

CHF?!

Prop yourself in the goal square and tell them to kick it long :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Tokyo Goanas hit a few pubs around Shibuya or Roppongi. I went once this year with my old man and we were the only ones there. Watch all the games at home with the international app. Would be good to meet up with some pie supporters in 2018 though!

They need to find new places to drink. Roppongi is too expensive.

They need to find new places to drink. Roppongi is too expensive.

Roppongi is a horrible place but Shibuya is alright. There was a bar in Setagaya that served Aussie emu and kangaroo on sticks. Might have to look at small izakaya and ask if I can hook up the game with my phone and HDMI. Just need a good place good food and good people (pie fans). Few asahis wouldn’t go astray either. If anyone’s keen in watching some games let me know.

Roppongi is a horrible place but Shibuya is alright...

My sister and brother-in-law lived in Roppongi Hills for a few years.

Sister telephoned me barely able to speak because she was laughing so much.

A neighbourhood store that was popular with expats had created a nativity scene in its front window.

So close yet...

A stuffed toy Santa had been nailed to a cross.

I fell in love in Roppongi

I saw Prince in Roppongi (sitting in a club surrounded by 2 giant bodyguards)

I danced in a club with beach sand and palm trees in Roppongi

I saw girls dance on table tops in Roppongi (it was the fashion)

I fell out of love in Roppongi

I fell down drunk in Roppongi

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Moved to Japan this year and watched a lot of footy on the app. Just wanted to know if there are any other pies supporters here who are hanging out to watch some footy in 2018???

I was there a couple of years ago and found a cool little Aussie Bar in Osaka. Served all of the Aussie beers such as VB, Coopers, Draught etc They served meat pies as well.
Was a bit of a hit with a few of the locals who I found out were regulars and loved the AFL after watching it.
Watched Collingwood vs North there (Jamie Elliot 5 goals in the second half) was a ripping comeback and made it better with the owner of the bar being a North supporter.

Might be heading back mid year this year but spending most of my time in Shibuya - cant wait

I was there a couple of years ago and found a cool little Aussie Bar in Osaka. Served all of the Aussie beers such as VB, Coopers, Draught etc They served meat pies as well.
Was a bit of a hit with a few of the locals who I found out were regulars and loved the AFL after watching it.
Watched Collingwood vs North there (Jamie Elliot 5 goals in the second half) was a ripping comeback and made it better with the owner of the bar being a North supporter.

Might be heading back mid year this year but spending most of my time in Shibuya - cant wait

Mate let us know. There’s one place I know in Shibuya where I watched the drawn GF against the Saints. Be good to watch some footy with a pies supporter. Hopefully we can get a few!

Mate let us know. There’s one place I know in Shibuya where I watched the drawn GF against the Saints. Be good to watch some footy with a pies supporter. Hopefully we can get a few!

Sinking feeling that game. Week after was good though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back