NO TROLLS Collingwood Football Club is guilty of systemic racism, review finds

Remove this Banner Ad

Now Buckley comes out with this...

Buckley breaks silence

Now he comes out, only after the Krakouer's revelation...

"There was a presser when I look back in 2017 and it was dismissive and I needed to be better than that."

"What I now understand is that is a form of systemic racism, the dismissing and denial of experience is not a direct act but in many ways it reinforces the pain and trauma that Heritier felt and that Andrew and Leon have spoken about. It's feeling like they don't have a voice and they don't have somewhere to go and that's the systemic aspect of it," he said.

"Ed's probably fed into that in some ways and been a victim of it in others but the reality is to take our steps forward as an organisation we need to be more circumspect. We need to understand that we don't know it all, that we can be a leader in society let alone in the football industry."

Ed the victim... spare me.

Now Buckley comes out with this...

Buckley breaks silence

Now he comes out, only after the Krakouer's revelation...

Ed the victim... spare me.

I watched the interview

Just a whole heap of prepared response hogwash.

Buckley wasn't aware about the report till it was leaked in the media than felt bad because they didn't have time to react to it. 🙄

If it is pre-prepared nonsense you would think they would do a better job.

The dismissing of experience is a direct act. Does he mean a direct act of racism then?

How has Ed been a victim of "not having a voice"? 🙄

And not quite sure what he is meaning to say in the last section.

Bucks gets a rap for being articulate but it is a veneer, most of the time he just talks s**t with big words and people don't see through it.

Yep ed bent over backwards for bucks and bucks just spoke today like a man trying to save his job saying the correct spin to hopefully get a coaching extension. This won't stop until bucks gets sacked.

Buckley has proven himself to be a rather unpleasant person in the last few years. Not only was there the racism which he clearly knew about and seemed to believe the players being subjected to it were simply crybabies or something, but there is also what he did to Treloar, basically lying and telling him the playing group didn't want him.

Sounds like Buckley has no sense of compassion and he is also willing to say whatever he needs to say to achieve what he wants to achieve, even if it is a complete lie.

Bucks gets it, now.

He like other people (including me) has had his perspective challenged, clearly thought about it, and is big enough to acknowledge he didn’t understand.

I don’t doubt Ed’s good will and intentions, but his inability to do the same and recognise his and the clubs failings is what brought him undone. The whole point is acceptance that the problem exists/existed and a willingness to do better. I don’t think anyone can deny their were issues, the club, not just bucks needs to show a genuine willingness to understand and improve. Not protest that they have done already.

But, this is far from just a collingwood problem. I have no doubt at all clubs, there are players, officials and supporters that don’t think they need to change with the times. Systemic racism would have existed in some form at all clubs in recent years. The stories out of hawthorn re recruitment are shocking.

Well done bucks, I hope the club and its supporters listen to your reflections on past behaviors and perspectives, as well as the rest of us in the footy world.

Buckley has proven himself to be a rather unpleasant person in the last few years. Not only was there the racism which he clearly knew about and seemed to believe the players being subjected to it were simply crybabies or something, but there is also what he did to Treloar, basically lying and telling him the playing group didn't want him.

Sounds like Buckley has no sense of compassion and he is also willing to say whatever he needs to say to achieve what he wants to achieve, even if it is a complete lie.
If that makes him "unpleasnant" you may as start calling me Adolf.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh but it’s ok cause old Joff is not a paid up CFC member. He just rocks up to games in general admission.

So all of a sudden he’s not part of the Collingwood “ family” and the club can pretend he’s just some random, insane, feral racist fan and totally distance themselves from their number one supporter who’s been used by Eddie for 20 years as an example of Magpie “ inclusion”. 505CA7D6-808C-40F1-BF41-3D83F53D0274.jpeg

Bucks gets it, now.

He like other people (including me) has had his perspective challenged, clearly thought about it, and is big enough to acknowledge he didn’t understand.

I don’t doubt Ed’s good will and intentions, but his inability to do the same and recognise his and the clubs failings is what brought him undone. The whole point is acceptance that the problem exists/existed and a willingness to do better. I don’t think anyone can deny their were issues, the club, not just bucks needs to show a genuine willingness to understand and improve. Not protest that they have done already.

But, this is far from just a collingwood problem. I have no doubt at all clubs, there are players, officials and supporters that don’t think they need to change with the times. Systemic racism would have existed in some form at all clubs in recent years. The stories out of hawthorn re recruitment are shocking.

Well done bucks, I hope the club and its supporters listen to your reflections on past behaviors and perspectives, as well as the rest of us in the footy world.

Did I read correctly that Buckley had not read the report before it was leaked?

Was that because he was never provided it or that he had a copy but had not yet read it?

Either way that in itself is interesting. Why would he not have seen it?

Media still feather-dusting Buckley, they are just as complicit as CFC in the systemic racism while they refuse to call Bucks out. Gutless.

Buckley is the gutless one

The god damn coach staying silent

But it’s only a matter of time before he’ll have to answer the uncomfortable questions on TV

Robbo will be the first one to hit him up

Did I read correctly that Buckley had not read the report before it was leaked?

Was that because he was never provided it or that he had a copy but had not yet read it?

Either way that in itself is interesting. Why would he not have seen it?

Because El President Ed loved control of everything at CFC and didn’t want to bother his beloved 3rd son Nathan.

Why do you all hate Bucks now?

Who ever liked him in the first place ?

It’s not about hate. It’s about being the coach during an era of obvious dubious behaviour regarding unchecked racist jokes by players and the coach himself.

Now that McGuire has ####ed off..Nathan is the number one spokesman now for the Pies.

But he is silent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back