Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders

Interesting to see what happens now...
Did we really expect anything different under a club led by Eddie McGuire?

This is the exact same clown who suggested Adam Goodes play the role of King Kong, just days after a supporter from his own club was kicked out of a game after she racially abused him mid match.

The minute Collingwood stood by McGuire, they allowed this toxic culture to manifest and as much as Heritier Lumumba comes across as a flog at times, he's been dead right with everything he's said about the Magpies under McGuire's disgraceful leadership.

NoobPie

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I applaud them for commissioning the review however it's Interesting that it took a leak for this to come out.

Seems they are still not confronting racism head-on.

It should be said that the same review is probably due with all clubs

How can you say they are "not confronting racism head on". The review itself essentially said it was

Report goes to the board and Eddie announces he is standing down 2 days later. That in itself speaks volumes about the findings.

NoobPie

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Then why didn't they release the report when it was published.? Why try and hide it and need for it to be leaked to come out?

Sounds like they were trying to save face.

Do you think any board anywhere in the history of boards would release such a report on the day it is tabled? Really?

This is from the Age's article....

It accepted Collingwood deserved credit for initiating the review and report.

“It needs to be noted and underlined that, in undertaking this review, the club was unflinching in holding up a mirror to itself.

“It was a brave first step that few would have the courage to take.”

g_TRAIN

Near a spoon
Jun 15, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
This is from the Age's article....

Yeah, and if you look at my first post I gave credit to Collingwood for commissioning the report and suggested other clubs should do the same.

And yes I believe a good board would have released the report straight away or within a few days at least. It was always going to come out one way or another and they actually look much worse for trying to cover it up.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Did we really expect anything different under a club led by Eddie McGuire?

This. I'd be surprised if there's anything he's ever lead or been a major part of that didn't have problems with racism and other woefully inappropriate behaviour.

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Collingwood FC racist - More News at 11! ;) :D

The findings of the report don't really seem like anything everyone didn't already know.

Although to be a little fair to Collingwood the doubling down etc is their approach to everything or at least it's Eddies approach to everything and after so long steering the ship he is Collingwood.

Back