NO TROLLS Collingwood Football Club is guilty of systemic racism, review finds

Remove this Banner Ad

Did we really expect anything different under a club led by Eddie McGuire?

This is the exact same clown who suggested Adam Goodes play the role of King Kong, just days after a supporter from his own club was kicked out of a game after she racially abused him mid match.

The minute Collingwood stood by McGuire, they allowed this toxic culture to manifest and as much as Heritier Lumumba comes across as a flog at times, he's been dead right with everything he's said about the Magpies under McGuire's disgraceful leadership.
yep you would know

Remember how Collingwood responded to Lumumba, too:

The response by Collingwood at the time was to suggest Lumumba had ‘mental health issues’, which it used as the basis for refusing to comment further.

And of course Peter Helliar complaining that it looked like Lumumba had "smeared" a whole football club....

Im appalled at this report on my club and demand change immediately. Having said that Im also appalled at the sanctimonious heroes in here who wouldn't have the slightest idea if their own club has or had similar issues or not but feel vindicated to put the boots in anyway. Its a start - an appalling report but it's an action at least. there'll be a few few skeletons in some other cupboards that this might rattle I reckon.

Without digging into the previous 5 pages, have any finer details of the report come out yet?

Can't really say much without knowing pretty much exactly what the report says.

Without digging into the previous 5 pages, have any finer details of the report come out yet?

Can't really say much without knowing pretty much exactly what the report says.
This article has some quotes, don't think the report itself has dropped. Will say this quote is worded in a.... not very academic way, but obviously can't judge the whole report on an excerpt:
“There is a strong view external to the Club that, whenever there is a racist incident in the AFL, Collingwood is somehow involved with it. This perception has led some to conclude that Collingwood has become synonymous with off-field and on-field racism in Australian sport and others to observe that there is something distinctive about racism at the Collingwood Football Club. As one person we spoke to said – ‘if you look at every high-profile incident of racism in the game, Collingwood is there somewhere.’”

The original post lied about what Mcguire said, I corrected that lie. If you think correcting misinformation is foolish then that says quite a lot about you kid.

Your right perhaps he could have listened to exactly what Ed had said on the radio and next time maybe he chooses his words more carefully to be accurate.

But his point remains and I'm afraid you are just using his mistake as an excuse to deflect away from the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it conspiracy to say a person with obviously vested interests has vested interests.

It was more that fact you went straight to implying that's why the report came to the conclusions it did, not that the findings were fair and reasonable.

And holding opinions is not the same as having vested interests. You said:

" Was there legitimately any chance this wouldn’t be the outcome when someone you put in charge of the investigation is a massive proponent of systemic racism as a concept. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Side note on this. Always found the AFL's "Dreamtime at the G" money making....ahem Reconciliation Olive Branch exercise specious. The VFL was the last comp to take on and except Aboriginal footballers, it's like they didn't really exist until Kevin Sheedy invented them. The vast majority of the great Indigenous players came from the NT, WA and SA, even now the numbers of Indigenous playing for the WA/SA clubs continues to be the highest in the league, yet the "Dreamtime at GEE" has been hijacked by a couple of Big Vic Clubs/the AFL and is lauded as great initiative. Please.

Players like Cable, Farmer, Rioli, Jackson etc etc all say hi. This isn’t the place to bait or be sanctimonious.

It was more that fact you went straight to implying that's why the report came to the conclusions it did, not that the findings were fair and reasonable.

And holding opinions is not the same as having vested interests. You said:

" Was there legitimately any chance this wouldn’t be the outcome when someone you put in charge of the investigation is a massive proponent of systemic racism as a concept. "

You just jumped out of your QAnon box and accused her of pure bias, without even reading the report I presume.

View attachment 1049102

It’s multifaceted, never met a HR type that doesn’t exclusively advocate for HR expansions, secondly she has a long history of supporting social justice movements that aren’t a fair representation of the statistics such as BLM and adopting the position for Australian policing. From hearing her speaking out podcast I don’t believe she has it in her to find another outcome.

Hope it's a Millionaire Hotseat question.

"Which AFL club was found guilty of systemic racism in a review published in 2020?"

v3imagesbin51099190df3b225e846a6c92f9ef9dc6-h2sp18orlvueanq1qv2_t1880.jpg
the answer is every afl club , how much did i win

What would be hilarious if it wasn't disappointing is how it seems most Pies fans in this thread aren't willing to own up to the findings of the report.

Let's hope your club does better.

I actually had a read of the Collingwood forum board and a few comments here. Majority of the comments are that the board should resign etc. I think the vast majority of the supporters are showing the appropriate level of disappointment.

it is quite clear something needs to be done. Eddie obviously became bigger than the club, I think a lot of the trouble the club is in now is because of him however, because the a lot of thesuccess is also attributed to him it is a catch 22.

the fact that 9, Fox, MMM didn’t reprimand him in any way at least publicly added to the notion that casual racism is ok. If that happened in the US or UK doesn’t matter if it was Al Michael’s or Tony Romo they would’ve been gone from their position forever. That’s probably the most disappointing part of this - that Eddie is still in some ways a face of the league in many ways. That needs to change

Remove this Banner Ad

Back