NO TROLLS Collingwood Football Club is guilty of systemic racism, review finds

Remove this Banner Ad

His position for mine seems untenable. If it isn't already, he's one slip up away from it.

I guess they have to ask themselves, what's the benefit of replacing him now vs the risk of waiting until October?

Benefits of not giving Eddie a 'lap of honor'?

Actually doing something about the failed leadership of the club as opposed to pretend you are doing something and letting the President off the hook.

Collingwood can get some closure on this before the season starts. Not be distracted by it and Eddie remaining throughout the season.

Its the right thing to do.

This is the biggest amount of drivel I've heard in a presser...they shouldn't need a report to recommend to not be racist. Pretty straight forward concept one would think!
I did like when the old bloke was going on about how they're all great people, but they fall short, so they need to put systems in place to make sure that doesn't happen. Such a weird line of thought from an optics perspective.

"Look at all the other seventeen clubs to see what we can all do".

Such a naked strategy of downplaying and whataboutism. Overlooking that they didn't want to release it. Eddie needs to shutup if they have a hope in hell of pulling this off, because he's blowing the cover.

Nobody is falling for this. Eddie is the king of spin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGuire’s legacy is now on par with the other overbearing loud mouth CFC President before him...a tainted reputation with a long list of “inappropriate gaffes” spoken.

Interesting to note that on this website there’s no mention of the actual words McAllister uttered during that infamous day in AFL/VFL history. Not sure if has links directly to the club itself, but it says something about the covering up of Collingwood’s disgraceful past.

“His biggest gaffe came when he was embroiled in a racial storm after making remarks about Aborigines on television, which, for a time, did the president and his club serious damage. To try to repair some of the ill-will, he paid for a tour of the Top End in an effort to rebuild the bridges.”

“One of McAlister’s first tasks as interim president was to convince the banks to let the Collingwood Football Club trade its way back into the black again. He was also determined to show the league that Collingwood still had plenty of influence to assert, despite the difficulties it experienced in the mid-to-late 1980s.

“I never set out to be outspoken on issues because it is not in my nature, but I became sick of the way Collingwood was treated at some of the meetings (with the league),”McAlister said in reflection. “I was hurt that this great club had no influence or say in matters. I realised I had to assert authority and make sure we would become a force again.”

Has Collingwood brought the game into disrepute?

Cousin's as an individual was found to by being a party drug taker. One man taking party drugs was crucified when many other players were doing the same thing.

Now we have a club found to be allowing systematic racism over a long period.

So which is worse?

A single player with a drug habit?

A club proven to harbor and ignore systematic racism over a long period of time?

Weird collection of things to be proud of in the last 12 months Ed. Proud of Buckleys blatant breach of covid restrictions, proud of Sidebottoms half naked drunken Covid breach now proud of this. Are we really pretending that Collingwood has set the moral bar after having so many problems with racism that they had to get an independent review to tell them how bad their racism problem is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back