NO TROLLS Collingwood Football Club is guilty of systemic racism, review finds

Remove this Banner Ad

Being serious for a moment , how could you possibly think that with a leak report about systemic racism at your club would be an appropriate time to wheel out a press conference to say how proud you are of the report...:just can not grasp why Eddie thought he could spin it that way

Yeah after how hard he went at your crew over the Jack Stevens interview he is just a pathetic example of journalistic integrity.

"We're not here to talk about the semantics of the report"

Lol.

Think it got to this stage.
Eddie more interested in having the presser focus on anything other than the report itself

Yeah after how hard he went at your crew over the Jack Stevens interview he is just a pathetic example of journalistic integrity.
Was to be expected he always plays the attack card when he’s under pressure or being questioned

he even did that in the press conference ...just offers nothing but deflection

All from the WAFL.

They like many others contributed wonderfully to the VFL. The issue of racism etc isn’t about the dick measuring you are trying to schieve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't get that far, H will make more money than was spent on the AFLW this year. The AFL in court would be brutal.

I bet it will go to court. No doubt whatsoever.

H I suggest won't be silenced by a payout to avoid court. He wants his day in court for the truth to get exposed. He will be paid damages in any case plus would also earn more after the case concludes.

Lumumba won't sell his silence to Collingwood. Gone too far for that.

I never thought I'd see a more delusional February presser from a Big 4 Melbourne club than Hirdy's legendary Shocked To Be Sitting Here effort, but again, Collingwood have proven they are bigger than the Bombers.

That was utterly appalling. Offensive. Just go away you idiot McGuire, rest on your millions.

H I suggest won't be silenced by a payout to avoid court. He wants his day in court for the truth to get exposed. He will be paid damages in any case plus would also earn more after the case concludes.

A lot of people and posters need to offer apologies for him when he came out with his story all those years ago ...the attack on him was astonishing

“We’re not a mean-spirited club, we’re not a racist club,” McGuire said. “I hope this provokes conversation tonight in every household, in all of your workplaces.”

Yeah Ed...we all love sitting around the dinner table talking about Collingwood.

The only discussion, if any, will be about how much of a sanctimonious, narcissist a-hole you really are and always will be.

Get out of Collingwood. You’ve done enough damage to them and the league.

If so he will become one of my hero's, and I don't even like him!

Well I think that is perhaps the worst Press Conference I've ever seen. Say what you want about Hird at least he kept it simple. That was a mess of multiple contradictory narratives each undermining the other with Ed and the clan jumping between them depending on the backlash they were getting in real time.

I think there was:

• No racists at Collingwood, we just didn't have the systems to stop people being racist
  • We were already doing everything great before the report
  • We asked for the report therefore we are the best in the league and everyone should copy us
  • The report was just a bunch of opinions so there's no point going through the specifics
  • The report has all the recommendations needed to fix Collingwood
  • All the players of every different race and gender like Eddie
  • We were going to release the report ourselves, but we don't want to talk about the report
  • It's about being better, so don't tear us down. We're on the "good side" of this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back