NO TROLLS Collingwood Football Club is guilty of systemic racism, review finds

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse coached those players for a decade and alot longer than buck's 15 months. Probably need to point figure at Malthouse holding him accountable as well as the racist names started under his watch.... buckley needs to go as he can't win a flag in ten years but you can't just pick and chose because you had a falling out with bucks and not malthouse.

Malthouse is a narcissist nutcase and would never admit anything wrong now about his time as coach.

Oh but it’s ok cause old Joff is not a paid up CFC member. He just rocks up to games in general admission.

So all of a sudden he’s not part of the Collingwood “ family” and the club can pretend he’s just some random, insane, feral racist fan and totally distance themselves from their number one supporter who’s been used by Eddie for 20 years as an example of Magpie “ inclusion”. View attachment 1069394
Isnt Joffa off living in Fiji now?

Talk about just reading what you want to.

The point of noting he is not currently a member, is pointing out that ultimately they cant actually do anything. If he was a member, the course of action would be to cancel his membership and inform that not welcome at games....like has happened with othet members in the past.

So yes, all they can do is publically condemn his comments.

The big news being that Joffa isnt actually a member once he moved from Melbourne.

Isnt Joffa off living in Fiji now?

Talk about just reading what you want to.

The point of noting he is not currently a member, is pointing out that ultimately they cant actually do anything. If he was a member, the course of action would be to cancel his membership and inform that not welcome at games....like has happened with othet members in the past.

So yes, all they can do is publically condemn his comments.

The big news being that Joffa isnt actually a member once he moved from Melbourne.

Well why wouldn’t you be an interstate member?

Anyway..regardless of if he’s been a paid up member for years or not..the bloke is public figure and well known by every single CFC supporter.

He’s not doing much for his beloved Magpies sprouting this type of crap.

At its worse, it’s just more bad publicity for the club.

And yes the club has publicly condemned his comments..as they should.

At least Buckley has admitted he was dismissive in 2017 and has acknowledged that in itself is a form of systemic racism. He acknowledged that he contributed to the pain and trauma that H, Leon and Krakour felt. I believe him when he says he and the club are only just beginning to understand what systemic racism actually is and are now setting the club up to stamp it out. Nothing can ever change what has already happened but you can put your hand up and admit you were wrong and aim to be better. Buckleys done it here in my opinion even if it was rehearsed. If some of the players came out and admitted some of the racisim towards H, Leon and Krakour it could be the start of something actually decent.

Bucks did nothing wrong
Eddie did nothing wrong
Collingwood did nothing wrong

I think that’s what Buckley has playing through a headset as he sleeps at night. Makes sense as he seems like he’d refer to himself in third person and use his own nickname.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question here is,

Would Buckley have ever identified the error of his ways without the scrutiny and public pressure?

My answer is no.

Is his sentiment genuine? Who knows? But even the leader of their cheersquad spewed racial slurs on the internet last night.

This club is in a mess and it's seriously because they've suppressed everything and now it has absolutely exploded.

Well why wouldn’t you be an interstate member?

Anyway..regardless of if he’s been a paid up member for years or not..the bloke is public figure and well known by every single CFC supporter.

He’s not doing much for his beloved Magpies sprouting this type of crap.

At its worse, it’s just more bad publicity for the club.

And yes the club has publicly condemned his comments..as they should.
You would have to ask Joffa of his own circumstances.

You somehow leap to the Collingwood are distancing themselves from him by that tweet??

You are clearly someone who is just looking to be outraged if that is your reaction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I being too generous if I read Joffa's tweet as a ham-fisted way of saying the aged care industry exploit migrant workers?

That is Essendon supporters and James Hird level of generosity. His subsequent tweets make it pretty clear.

If he lives in Fiji he might be upset to know around 30% of the Fijian population is of Indian descent.

I suspect Joffa is not capable of that level of thought.

That is Essendon supporters and James Hird level of generosity. His subsequent tweets make it pretty clear.

If he lives in Fiji he might be upset to know around 30% of the Fijian population is of Indian descent.

Fair on both points.

You don't stop like you realize malthouse coached all those guys longer than buckley. Bucks didn't even coach leon but the racism started when malthouse was in charge. You can't pick and chose like lumumba is doing because he likes others more than buckley because they had a falling out. Bucks needs to go for the club to move on as people like you lumumba and the media won't stop bringing this up until he gone. No winners in this as its up to society to change which some people will never so its an impossible fight.
Malthouse didn't smirk and intimate that Lumumba was mentally unwell instead of being a victim of systemic racism. That is Buckley's bag to carry, and he has to be held accountable.

Joffa's Facebook page is littered with folks patting him on the back. Crazy. Everyone is out to get him now apparently and it's just so unfair!

Free speech, snowflakes yadda yaadda..

The question here is,

Would Buckley have ever identified the error of his ways without the scrutiny and public pressure?

My answer is no.

Is his sentiment genuine? Who knows? But even the leader of their cheersquad spewed racial slurs on the internet last night.

This club is in a mess and it's seriously because they've suppressed everything and now it has absolutely exploded.
the guy is a chameleon, that was clear from the Treloar/Stephenson affairs, you don't know what to believe really.

Part of the problem is the media give dickheads like joffa a walk up start with all the publicity he received with gold jacket etc.. These dickheads then get a feeling of self importance."look at me ,look at me"
It is a bit rich to put Joffa's stupid tweets back on Collingwood. The guy is a proven knob

Part of the problem is the media give dickheads like joffa a walk up start with all the publicity he received with gold jacket etc.. These dickheads then get a feeling of self importance."look at me ,look at me"
It is a bit rich to put Joffa's stupid tweets back on Collingwood. The guy is a proven knob

that's exactly what the media want.............hell some dumb s**t that the rest of us read and laugh about.

The key point is we read it.

You would have to ask Joffa of his own circumstances.

You somehow leap to the Collingwood are distancing themselves from him by that tweet??

You are clearly someone who is just looking to be outraged if that is your reaction.

There’s no outrage Karen

Just simply putting this racist comment said by a prominent and well known Collingwood fan on a stupid football forum for others to ponder.

Your reaction is your own.

Malthouse coached those players for a decade and alot longer than buck's 15 months. Probably need to point figure at Malthouse holding him accountable as well as the racist names started under his watch.... buckley needs to go as he can't win a flag in ten years but you can't just pick and chose because you had a falling out with bucks and not malthouse.

This is all beside the point "I never heard any".

It happened. And they had no process in place to listen to players, nor willingness to create one.

Simple as that.

Maybe he has a relative who's received sub-standard care. It's just an opinion.

The question here is,

My answer is no.

Watching the interview yesterday he didn't seem remorseful at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back