NO TROLLS Collingwood Football Club is guilty of systemic racism, review finds

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
"we publicly slandered and berated this guy, claiming he was mentally unstable, couldnt perform with his wife away for a few months, and told him noone including the players wanted him around. But hes the bad guy because he doesnt want to visit us at training while playing for another club."

buckley is as deluded as mcguire. collingwood need to cut him loose sooner than later. hes displayed a complete lack of empathy during both his coaching and playing career.
You do have a bee in your bonnet don't you, just relax man, calm down, everything is going to be ok.

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

Basically was devaluing Treloars reaction to the Phillips one. Shown no sign of remorse or empathy yet again.
I thought Buckley said some ok things in his interview on the systemic racism saga a couple of days ago. This one he's just thrown Treloar under the bus again and reverted back to his true form. Its still Adams word against Buckleys word for now and it will be interesting to see his response to questioning throughout the year from the likes of Robbo and Gerard.

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU

Basically was devaluing Treloars reaction to the Phillips one. Shown no sign of remorse or empathy yet again.
He is fairly on the money here. People see it how they wanna see it.

Sometimes it is just the way we are programmed and other times you are just looking to see it so you do whether it is there or not.

SammyC

Team Captain
May 20, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Buckley had another dig at Treloar today.

The problem clearly shows that Buckley is like a cold machine incapable of empathy. No wonder H felt they way he did about Bucks.

Fundamentally flawed, if Bucks had the capacity to show empathy he'd probably have a premiership or two by now.
So we believe Treloar over Buckley?

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Eddies recent performance proves he still doesn't get it. absolutely the best thing for collingwood that he went early.

I’ve only read an article on it - but to me it came across that he believes he had to step down (his decision, as he made clear), because of misconception about what he meant when he said it was a ‘proud day’ for Collingwood...

...as opposed to the part about overseeing a club for 20 years that was found to foster systemic racism by an independent report.

Is that what you mean?..

Desslok

Debutant
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Eddies recent performance proves he still doesn't get it. absolutely the best thing for collingwood that he went early.

I watched Footy Classified on wednesday night and was shocked to hear Eddy still blaming us for "misunderstanding" what he meant in that ill-fated press conference. Until he unequivocally accepts that the problem is his and not ours. This will remain an issue for him.

Bobber

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I thought he spoke really well last night, made it quite clear that they were getting on the front foot and trying to setup the club for the next 20 years, even the other board members mentioned a proud moment before that press conference.

Not sure what else he needs to say now, he was very firm on not throwing others under the bus and that shows tremendous strength to be honest.

Anderson Brown

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I watched Footy Classified on wednesday night and was shocked to hear Eddy still blaming us for "misunderstanding" what he meant in that ill-fated press conference. Until he unequivocally accepts that the problem is his and not ours. This will remain an issue for him.

He also went on to say he was proud of his time at the club but admitted we had made mistakes. He still doesn't want to take ownership.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I thought he spoke really well last night, made it quite clear that they were getting on the front foot and trying to setup the club for the next 20 years, even the other board members mentioned a proud moment before that press conference.

Not sure what else he needs to say now, he was very firm on not throwing others under the bus and that shows tremendous strength to be honest.

Well...the press conference was only happening because someone leaked the report.

...and the whole ‘throwing under the bus’ part was not about finding the source of racism within the club, it was about not publicly naming who leaked the report.

So it seems to me that he is still fixated on this press conference itself, what led to it (the leak of the report), and then what he said (in which he was misunderstood, again..).

Back