NO TROLLS Collingwood Football Club is guilty of systemic racism, review finds

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve only read an article on it - but to me it came across that he believes he had to step down (his decision, as he made clear), because of misconception about what he meant when he said it was a ‘proud day’ for Collingwood...

...as opposed to the part about overseeing a club for 20 years that was found to foster systemic racism by an independent report.

Is that what you mean?..
pretty much

Well...the press conference was only happening because someone leaked the report.

...and the whole ‘throwing under the bus’ part was not about finding the source of racism within the club, it was about not publicly naming who leaked the report.

So it seems to me that he is still fixated on this press conference itself, what led to it (the leak of the report), and then what he said (in which he was misunderstood, again..).
everyone just misinterpreted me, its not my fault (being the one who chose the words to use), its their fault i stepped down...

its the fault of the leaker. i know who they are but i wont tell, because im the good guy...

i did really well at collingwood but we failed to act on racism...

me me me. its all still spin about the brand of eddie and nothing to do with the real issue, or even any admittance of mistakes. its laughable how much he is simply proving the report every time he opens his mouth, youd think it was a parody if you didnt know it was genuine.

Did any Eddie say anything about Krakouer who is still hurting by those comments he experienced at Collingwood?

I watched Footy Classified on wednesday night and was shocked to hear Eddy still blaming us for "misunderstanding" what he meant in that ill-fated press conference. Until he unequivocally accepts that the problem is his and not ours. This will remain an issue for him.
"People just took it the wrong way" is straight from the big book of racist excuses.

I watched Footy Classified on wednesday night and was shocked to hear Eddy still blaming us for "misunderstanding" what he meant in that ill-fated press conference. Until he unequivocally accepts that the problem is his and not ours. This will remain an issue for him.
Didn't Eddie also make the exact same excuse for his Adam Goodes "Kong Kong" gaffe?

Or was it because he was overtired from using prescription painkillers? So many excuses...

So how is racism in AFL/sport/society stopped? In sports its been mooted that players wear shirts stating "NO TO RACISM" pre game, or even have that statement on their playing uniform.
The AFL could change the way they rank the order of draft picks

Instead of giving 1st pick to the wooden spooners and pick 18 to the premiers, maybe they could have a panel of experts rank each club and its fanbase by how racist they've been over the previous 12 months.

This would stop clubs from tanking for draft picks and encourage them to be less racist

What about a no misogyny t-shirt?

No homelessness?

There's a lot of things we can solve with t-shirts I think why not try to solve them all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back