Universal Love Collingwood Forever

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2006
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Well, cut me, i'll bleed black out of one arm... and white out of the other.

You're all my brothers and sisters... and uncles and aunties.... and nieces and nephews.

You can't choose your family they say...

They were right.

I didn't choose Collingwood.

Collingwood chose me.

Chose my dad.

Chose my mum.

Chose my sister.

Chose my son.

Collingwood chose me.

Chose the cheersquad.

Chose our supporters.

Chose our members.

Chose the 5 year old kid we spent the night with in 2002 on the roof of the Ryder stand after we got ripped off.

Chose the chick who stood up during "emergency evacuation" training at work when the trainer asks 100 employees "What do you do in an emergency?"...

She screams "You call Alan Didak".

Chose everyone of us.

Black and White.

Side by Side.

Forever.

Chose the moment...

To ripping up the hallowed turf of vic park on our last game... i took the foot of grass Banks took the greatest mark ever on, and my best mate took the "3 kicks 3 goals" patch... and outside the ground i literally run into Daics... i tell him this patch is Banksies, he laughs. My mate presents him on one knee the piece of grass he kicked that goal on, places his hand on his head, killing himself laughing and wants to shake my mates hand.

My mate says..." i can't sorry, my hand is dirty, i'm not worthy".

Forever.

To the boys and girls i bumped into at around 3am at vic park that morning in 2010.

To all of my Family earlier that day that chanted " We are the Premiers" with us.

To those who there in 1991 at Waverly when we chanted it against Essendon after 6 straight losses...

To those who had to listen to people telling us Daicos was a fluke!

Chose it all.

My 10,000'th post...

Calm your farm people.

We are Family

Floreat Pica.

Side by Side forever.

Well said and a cracking 10,000th post, well played!

I chose Collingwood.
Because until about 6, I followed my fathers Bomber love.
But to even up the stickers on the back of the car, my elder sister was a bombers fan, I switched to my mothers team.
COLLINGWOOD.
Despite the heartache they have given me over the next 50 years, I regret nothing.

P.S. my sister is now a Carlscum supporter due to marriage.
She is dead to me.

I chose Collingwood.
Because until about 6, I followed my fathers Bomber love.
But to even up the stickers on the back of the car, my elder sister was a bombers fan, I switched to my mothers team.
COLLINGWOOD.
Despite the heartache they have given me over the next 50 years, I regret nothing.

P.S. my sister is now a Carlscum supporter due to marriage.
She is dead to me.

Side by Side my brother.

Well, cut me, i'll bleed black out of one arm... and white out of the other.

You're all my brothers and sisters... and uncles and aunties.... and nieces and nephews.

You can't choose your family they say...

They were right.

I didn't choose Collingwood.

Collingwood chose me.

Chose my dad.

Chose my mum.

Chose my sister.

Chose my son.

Collingwood chose me.

Chose the cheersquad.

Chose our supporters.

Chose our members.

Chose the 5 year old kid we spent the night with in 2002 on the roof of the Ryder stand after we got ripped off.

Chose the chick who stood up during "emergency evacuation" training at work when the trainer asks 100 employees "What do you do in an emergency?"...

She screams "You call Alan Didak".

Chose everyone of us.

Black and White.

Side by Side.

Forever.

Chose the moment...

To ripping up the hallowed turf of vic park on our last game... i took the foot of grass Banks took the greatest mark ever on, and my best mate took the "3 kicks 3 goals" patch... and outside the ground i literally run into Daics... i tell him this patch is Banksies, he laughs. My mate presents him on one knee the piece of grass he kicked that goal on, places his hand on his head, killing himself laughing and wants to shake my mates hand.

My mate says..." i can't sorry, my hand is dirty, i'm not worthy".

Forever.

To the boys and girls i bumped into at around 3am at vic park that morning in 2010.

To all of my Family earlier that day that chanted " We are the Premiers" with us.

To those who there in 1991 at Waverly when we chanted it against Essendon after 6 straight losses...

To those who had to listen to people telling us Daicos was a fluke!

Chose it all.

My 10,000'th post...

Calm your farm people.

We are Family

Floreat Pica.

Side by Side forever.

WOW....just WOW! See...this is why I love Collingwood!
Maxy's dive to save a goal and his mark and play on that saved the 2010 first final. Heater's smother of the century!
Hooker Harrison's "job" on Barassi in '58. Johnny Greening's whole "brief" career, a superstar stolen from us.
The '90's heroes: a centre line of Wright, Shaw, Millane never beaten. Tony Shaw and Ned Kelly urging each other to finish the job despite being 7 goals up with 3 minutes to play! Charlie Manson being too injured to take his kick (best actor ever)

DAICOS..... how blessed were we to have him play for us?

Gavin Brown, alongside Bob Rose the most courageous and inspiring player I've ever seen. Seeing Rowdy get up off the floor and stick it right up Terry Daniher and the rest of the Bombers...hair on the back of your neck stuff right there.

Daisy Thomas catching Cyril and saving the 2011 Prelim after we got up off the canvas again!

Peter Moore jumping over Mike Fitzpatrick to take his screamer, they rave about Nic Nat now but Peter Moore was a blonde version 30 years ago. Mick McGuane and his 7 bouncer against the Bluebaggers, and the day he had too much juice and couldn't feel his leg and kicked the ground 3-4 times out at Viccy Park!

Tuddy taking on all comers, The Weed, Banksy, Leroy Brown....we've had some awesome enforcers!

And Bucks, the prototype of the modern midfielder, we've watched him grow from an audacious young man with a mullet to a coach who's trying to lead his club to a better future, articulate, measured and honest.

Thanks OP....You've struck a chord. I hope this resonates all summer long!
Go Pies.

WOW....just WOW! See...this is why I love Collingwood!
Maxy's dive to save a goal and his mark and play on that saved the 2010 first final. Heater's smother of the century!
Hooker Harrison's "job" on Barassi in '58. Johnny Greening's whole "brief" career, a superstar stolen from us.
The '90's heroes: a centre line of Wright, Shaw, Millane never beaten. Tony Shaw and Ned Kelly urging each other to finish the job despite being 7 goals up with 3 minutes to play! Charlie Manson being too injured to take his kick (best actor ever)

DAICOS..... how blessed were we to have him play for us?

Gavin Brown, alongside Bob Rose the most courageous and inspiring player I've ever seen. Seeing Rowdy get up off the floor and stick it right up Terry Daniher and the rest of the Bombers...hair on the back of your neck stuff right there.

Daisy Thomas catching Cyril and saving the 2011 Prelim after we got up off the canvas again!

Peter Moore jumping over Mike Fitzpatrick to take his screamer, they rave about Nic Nat now but Peter Moore was a blonde version 30 years ago. Mick McGuane and his 7 bouncer against the Bluebaggers, and the day he had too much juice and couldn't feel his leg and kicked the ground 3-4 times out at Viccy Park!

Tuddy taking on all comers, The Weed, Banksy, Leroy Brown....we've had some awesome enforcers!

And Bucks, the prototype of the modern midfielder, we've watched him grow from an audacious young man with a mullet to a coach who's trying to lead his club to a better future, articulate, measured and honest.

Thanks OP....You've struck a chord. I hope this resonates all summer long!
Go Pies.

Maxy's dive...

Heater's library incident...

Ssshh...

Yeah.

I just saw this thread but today I needed something to make me smile and whilst I was at work in an open kitchen I was watching on my phone the 2010 grand final replay highlights. The magical day, the moment I knew we won it was Dane Swan running in for a goal and jumping in to Dawes' arms.

******* love this club.

IMG_0335.JPG

Collingwood chose me.

Dad filled my mind with tales of 'The Machine' from the time I could understand.

26 years of misery following an 'almost' flag club.

'90 came and I had my first taste of the glory that is a Collingwood flag.

'10 rolled around and I was in bliss.

Some of the younger ones have no idea what it's like to go through a full premiership drought.

Our time will come again but there are another 17 teams vying for the same.

Patience.

Apparantly was Collingwood before I was born :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back