Opinion Collingwood Forwards that became Backs

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Ian Bremner | Collingwood Forever (collingwoodfc.com.au)
View attachment 1124477
One Shot at Glory | Collingwood Forever (collingwoodfc.com.au)
View attachment 1124482
Edit: This story contradicts the one above it, in stating that Bremner sat on the bench all day, and does appear to be incorrect!
View attachment 1124491

Reserves/VFL Players A-D | Collingwood Forever (collingwoodfc.com.au)
View attachment 1124478
Just one senior game and 34 in the seconds, playing as an 18-19 year old. Definitely one that got away!
Wow

After his constant misses in when kicking for goal I made a lot of noise to move him to the wing, thinking his speed and overhead strength would be unbeatable, and remove the heeby geebys he gets kicking for goal.
Sadly it took another club to realise his value was away from FF.

Tarrant was a strange one. He started off kicking pretty well from set shots, not sure what happened

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was thinking today,
Collingwood players recruited to play forward,and turned out to be better in defense.

3 stand out for me.
Darcy Moore
Billy Picken
Peter Mcormack

+ Neon Leon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ballantyne

Will never forget R2 in 1994 when he held Kernahan to 2 behinds.....

Also Richard Osborne. 6 x leading goal kicker at other clubs, found form with us at half back. Never forget when he fell across Joel Smith and destroyed his knee in a sickening eerily similar incident to the one that caused his reco early in his career...

With a penchant for the hard ball and 2 on 1 contests if the rumours are to be believed.

I think that was more Lord Snowdon.

He was a favourite of mine as a young kid. Even after he went to Hawthorn, I kept him in my scrapbook.
So you saw enough of him in the Seconds to really rate him, and think he'd go on to be a decent player? He was still young when he left, but it is an odd one that we only gave him that one game.

Mum was against him when he joined (same sort of random hatred that made her despise Prince Philip)

Until he was moved down back, she referred to him as 'Bloody Morwood'

By 1990 she would have adopted him and disinherited me

I've heard that that was a revolving door of candidates.

I've heard that that was a revolving door of candidates.

Tony Shaw was her number one pick in 1990

Mum loved him (until he needed to be sacked as coach, whereupon Malthouse transmogrified from devil to god)

Mum loved Tony's cheeky missing-tooth grin, that he was short, and he sledged the opposition

Gavin Brown was perfect husband material for my sisters

Dad was also on the chopping block if Murray Weideman showed up at the front door

Tony Shaw was her number one pick in 1990

Mum loved him (until he needed to be sacked as coach, whereupon Malthouse transmogrified from devil to god)

Mum loved Tony's cheeky missing-tooth grin, that he was short, and he sledged the opposition

Gavin Brown was perfect husband material for my sisters

Dad was also on the chopping block if Murray Weideman showed up at the front door

Mum was a Doggies supporter, played for their women's team in the 50's, went out with Teddy Whitten, so I didn't even have the prospect of a childhood hero turning up at the door to look forward to. Think yourself very lucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back