Collingwood- Free kicks - Umpires

Apr 29, 2008
Epping
AFL Club
Essendon
It has been the whole year where so many favourable calls go their way. Free kick differential kings. Opposition touch the ball and it is holding the ball as soon as tackled. Opposition trips over it is throwing the ball.

In return Collingwood players run around and have so much time to dispose of the ball and they are tackled, it is ball up. They throw the ball, and it is deemed knocked out in the tackle.

Is something fishy going on?

Apr 29, 2008
Epping
AFL Club
Essendon
So far holding the ball not given against
Pendlebury
Mihocek
Hoskin-Elliot
Mayne
Phillips

Shocking holding the ball against
Green
Buntine or Himmelberg

High hit on DeBoer in front of goal not given. Hoskin Elliot gets one for no reason in the goal square.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
AFL worst match-fixers in the world. Despite all these bribes and fixes, the umpires could only see fit to pay a free kick count of 11 to 8 for the half. Very disappointing. I'd like to see a 16 to 5 free kick count at least for the good hard-earned money put into this.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
AFL worst match-fixers in the world. Despite all these bribes and fixes, the umpires could only see fit to pay a free kick count of 11 to 8 for the half. Very disappointing. I'd like to see a 16 to 5 free kick count at least for the good hard-earned money put into this.

What if there were actually only 5 free kicks to Collingwood, and there should have been 12 to GWS (hypothetically), then I'd say an 11-8 free kick count is grossly lopsided.

Tex9798

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hoskin-Elliot was caught twice tonight, blatantly Holding the Ball, not called.

That hold at the end of the first quarter, bloody hell if they pay every one of those there would be 145 frees a game.

Don't get me started on the De Goey one, in normal speed you could see he was holding his jumper and gets a free?

The umpiring in this finals series has been deplorable

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Aish throws the ball play on. Davis touches the ball but goal given.
Davis' hand brushed ball at exact same time as it was kicked, if not slightly before. Goal was correct call. Pies get more frees because of their great tackling pressure. They also have a great ruckman which helps them get first hand on footy at stoppages, which leads to frees for.

They deserved the win tonight

Back