collingwood game

Remove this Banner Ad

kodie

Rookie
Oct 19, 2001
melbourne
If you are a Melbourne Based Cheer Squad member and you would like to sit with the cheer squad this week we will be sitting in the Ponsfold Stand entry via gate 12. Unfortunately we will be next to the Collingwood Rebel Cheer Squad who featured in an Herald Sun article earlier this week. We will be lucky enough to have godd security and will not be bringing ourselves down to their level by replying to any of their crap.

The Cheer Squad is desperate for new banner makers. We currently have only 12 people attending which means that those of us who attend are there until all hours. I will need a couple of enthusiatic, trustworthy Eagle supporters to help put the banner on the ground. If you fit the bill and would like to help you will be given a jumper to wear on the ground which Must be handed back to me when you come off the ground. I will be sitting in the front row of the cheer squad on the same side as the feral squad with my name tag on if your interested. I really hope we beat the Magpies as I would like to bring my cocky collingwood supporter hubby back to earth. Kodie

Go Eagles Joffa is now part of the official cheer squad he joined them last year when their previous president stood down. apparently there were three collingwood cheer squads, the official one and two others. Members from one group joined the official one including Joffa. As far as I know it was Eddie's idea to make a bigger magpie army that's what I heard anyway but don't quote me on it. The previous President was or should I say is a fantastic person and leader. She is the chairperson of the cheer squad league and all the leaders from other cheer squad including myself have nothing but the upmost respect for her. I think it's really bad when you go to the footy to support your team and you have to put up with people whose sole purpose appears to be to have a go at you. Collingwood is not the only one with a rebel or outer cheer squad as they are sometimes called Hawthorn is another that I know of. All I can hope is that the guys shut them up via the scoreboard. Kodie

I think it's really bad when you go to the footy to support your team and you have to put up with people whose sole purpose appears to be to have a go at you. Collingwood is not the only one with a rebel or outer cheer squad as they are sometimes called Hawthorn is another that I know of. All I can hope is that the guys shut them up via the scoreboard

Its a shame there arent more vic based west coast supporters, else a separate more "militant" group could be formed just for those teams that do have "rebel" groups. Fight fire with fire I say.

Thanks for that Kodie - keep up the great work you guys do! Whenever I watch the Eagles away games I always take notice of the cheer squad there and see what a great job they do in making the boys feel right at home (such a tough job when there are 30,000 black and white screaming for their blood).

I say we get D4E to be the mascot for the team and lead the boys out onto the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back