Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the review Apex. I was in JB today and I did look at it and had to fight every urge to try and grab one haha. I'll probably cave in eventually and if I wasn't going away on a holiday next week I'd splash out.
Funnily enough, holidays were the reason I got one. Going up to Cairns in a couple of weeks and it will help alleviate the boredom of the flight for my son, as well as being a time waster when im away over night for work every few weeks. And Zelda.

Funnily enough, holidays were the reason I got one. Going up to Cairns in a couple of weeks and it will help alleviate the boredom of the flight for my son, as well as being a time waster when im away over night for work every few weeks. And Zelda.
Yeah I would have liked to have had it on the plane with me but I figured I could spend more money on myself overseas. Sounds like you're in for a good couple of weeks/months and hopefully years haha.

Updated review of Zelda. It's fugging amazing. Completely open world, brutal at times, and the map seems endless. Today I combed 3/4 of the way up the death mountain volcano only to find myself spontaneously combust because of the heat. I also managed to be struck by lightning because I was wearing metallic weapons in a thunderstorm. Done 1 dungeon, which was a typical Zeldaish puzzle affair. I have nfi which one I'm meant to do next so I'm randomly running around. Haven't had this much fun in years playing a game.

mike123 I saw a retail comparison between the Wii u and Switch versions the other day. They look identical except for resolution (Wii u 720p and switch 900p)

Lastly, being able to take a poop and play a full console version of Zelda at the same time is strangely gratifying, although my wife got annoyed at me for spending too long on the loo the other day lol.

Updated review of Zelda. It's fugging amazing. Completely open world, brutal at times, and the map seems endless. Today I combed 3/4 of the way up the death mountain volcano only to find myself spontaneously combust because of the heat. I also managed to be struck by lightning because I was wearing metallic weapons in a thunderstorm. Done 1 dungeon, which was a typical Zeldaish puzzle affair. I have nfi which one I'm meant to do next so I'm randomly running around. Haven't had this much fun in years playing a game.

mike123 I saw a retail comparison between the Wii u and Switch versions the other day. They look identical except for resolution (Wii u 720p and switch 900p)

Lastly, being able to take a poop and play a full console version of Zelda at the same time is strangely gratifying, although my wife got annoyed at me for spending too long on the loo the other day lol.

Insert boner joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this a hidden world I am missing?
Depends if you know about Esports or not, if you don't then yes there is a hidden world out there. More people watched league of legends championship or final (whatever they call it) than the NBA finals which I find crazy.

There is talk about it eventually becoming an Olympic sport (how far fetched that is im not sure) and I've seen on espn they've started showing FIFA tournaments

Last edited:
Depends if you know about Esports or not, if you don't then yes there is a hidden world out there. More people watched league of legends championship or final (whatever they call it) than the NBA finals which I find crazy.

There is talk about it eventually becoming an Olympic sport (how far fetched that is im not sure) and I've seen on espn they've started showing FIFA tournaments
Why crazy. In my days Karpov vs Kasparov was huge. If people can watch a game of chess , certain games should be up there too. Problem is that games evolve so fast, hardly any survive a decade, let alone grow a fanbase big enough to get tournaments and viewers in. Magic The Gathering , CounterStrike and later on StarCraft are the only ones that come to mind. World of Tanks might get up there one day

Mass Effect Andromeda now out, has anyone played it? Reviews aren't looking great but the I love the franchise.

My Mum found my Old Games. Not Seen them for about 15 Years
What system? I recently sold my N64 + games and got about $500 for them. Nintendo stuff is super collectible. Also sold my Atari 7800 and some games for $250.

Just bought Doom for $17 on PSN. Also decided to get Horizon Zero Dawn there as well. Was the same price as everywhere else so I thought why not?
Digital games have no resell value. The biggest con in the gaming world at the moment is buying digital direct from the supplier and paying the same price as a physical copy for the sake of 'convenience'.

What system? I recently sold my N64 + games and got about $500 for them. Nintendo stuff is super collectible. Also sold my Atari 7800 and some games for $250.

Nintendo,Super Nintendo and N64 Games.

Pics of Them:
upload_2017-3-25_17-25-39.png

upload_2017-3-25_17-25-48.png

upload_2017-3-25_17-26-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-25_17-25-56.png
    upload_2017-3-25_17-25-56.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 71
Digital games have no resell value. The biggest con in the gaming world at the moment is buying digital direct from the supplier and paying the same price as a physical copy for the sake of 'convenience'.
Yeah that's alright I'm slack and never trade in games really. I've only got a couple of games on digital copy. But I do agree they should be cheaper than in the store.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back