Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

I ordered a Raspberry Pi 4 in a NESPi case so I could load it up with an SSD. Waiting on it to get here.

That sound be a Ton of Fun.

What Consoles are you going to Emulate with it?

Well half way through renovating my tired old i3 PC

1 removed the i3 and installed a 6800 i5
2 removed the GTX1050Ti and installed a 6GB GTX1060
3 added an extra 8GB ram to 16GB

Makes a huge difference - now Running Skyrim SE 50+ mods, a full 4K graphics package and an ENB at 60fps on a 1080p monitor.

Next step is to get a 1440p monitor as this video card can handle it no problems.

Eagerly awaiting the upcoming release of 'Icarus - first cohort' next month only on PC - no console is capable of running it.

This is the game that decided me to update my old computer because even the entry specs were way above my then current machine.

It's a session based PVE game set on a world that humanity tried to Terraform and it's failing - anyway long story.

Min Specs

i5 8400
16GB system ram
GTX 1060 3GB
70GB HDD storage
Windows 10

My new specs

i5 8600
16 GB system ram
GTX 1060 6GB
70GB SSD storage
Windows 10

So I won't be running it on ultra but should be solid enough as I have the 6GB version of the 1060.

Greetings fellow gamers just received the final piece of my new computer setup - final config

i5 8600
16BG DDR4
Asus GTX1060 6GB Strix
27 inch monitor 75Hz refresh 1ms QHD (2560X1440) curved screen.

Runs Skyrim SE with 50+ mods and ENB in full QHD at 60FPS.
Looks stunning, plays smoooth.

ScreenShot9.png

Last edited:
Is that a Wabbajack list, or did you muck around with Mod Organizer/Vortex yourself? Look beautiful.
I've been building this mod list since the original Skyrim LE was released about 7 years ago.
Once I decided on this latest upgrade I added a complete Parallax 4K graphics package and a good ENB that linked beautifully with my obsidian weathers mod.
And yes Vortex is my download tool of choice.
Mods optimized and ordered via LOOT.

For those of you who have a decent quality PC setup I have now finalized my Skyrim SE modlist

I now run full 3D plants and trees as well as a full suite of 4K town and terrain graphics all in 1560 X 1440 QHD.

Here's a taste of how good it can look.

Attachments

• ScreenShot8.png
    ScreenShot8.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
  • ScreenShot9.png
    ScreenShot9.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • ScreenShot15.png
    ScreenShot15.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 86
  • ScreenShot4.png
    ScreenShot4.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
  • ScreenShot14.png
    ScreenShot14.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 86
  • ScreenShot12.png
    ScreenShot12.png
    736.3 KB · Views: 86

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So managed to buy a PS5 back in October and it was taking Aus Post ages to send it. Just kept saying delayed. Anyway, they have “lost it” and that was a battle to find out that information. Been on the phone to Big W and they are sending me a replacement. So doesn’t look like I’ll be getting a new toy for Christmas haha. Let’s hope I somehow get two of them 😂

Looks like I will have to upgrade again before the end of the year . . . . SIGH :oops:

Bethesda have set the release date for their new Space RPG Starfield for Nov 11 and even my recently upgraded PC ain't gonna cut it.

Starfield minimum requirements
  • Memory: 8 GB
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K
  • File Size: 75 GB
Starfield recommended requirements
  • Memory: 16 GB
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K
  • File Size: 75 GB

I can just scrape into the minimum System requirements but anyone who knows Bethesda games knows that means cut back visuals.
So if I want the full experience I am up for AT LEAST a $750 video card to get decent visuals but for top performance I will need to upgrade motherboard, CPU and video card - call it $1000.

For those interested it's a next gen Skyrim set in space with the emphasis on exploration.

Below is a link to a preview from PC gamer.

Cheers.

Just downloaded Kojima's 'Death stranding' onto my PC - from all reviews it's freaky and VERY, VERY deep storyline takes a long while to develop. First loadup of the game reveals stunning visuals with smooth framerate on my QHD monitor and graphics setup.

Knowing Kojima I can beleive the reviews and expect to be in for a long and demanding journey . . . more reports once I have learned a bit about how the game plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back