Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Sorry if this is a repost, had a quick search and couldn't find anything of this nature however!

So TD's thread about old game roms got me wondering if there were any other Pies supporters on these boards who are into gaming at all, be it PC or console. For me I play a decent amount of Xbox 360, and still mess around on the PC a fair bit, but console gaming seems to have really taken poll position.

On the 360 I'm playing CoD: Modern Warfare 2 a sh*tload online at the moment, as well as GH5, Borderlands and revisiting Mass Effect. I used to play a few MMOs on the PC like WoW, WAR and Aion, but have quit for the time being 'coz it's a total timesink. I play a bit of Heroes of Newerth and Team Fortress 2 at the moment on PC however.

So if there any other C'wood 'gamers' out there, what have your favourite titles been on your respective platforms, what do you own, and what do you currently play? Hopefully I haven't overestimated the numbers out there, and I'm not the only one :p

I used to be biblically good at the Final Fantasy series on PSX and PS2, but I just don't have the time to devote to them now. FFVII is still my favourite game I've ever played. FFIX is another awesome game.

My brother and I used to be pretty serious about the Tomb Raider series, but that was back when we lived in the same house and now he lives on the opposite side of the globe. :(

Any other football manager junkies around here?
Did play them but I found after I played the game a Bit the game would just Exit at the same point and could no go any further:mad:

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
PS3 man here ,mainly play NBA 2K10,Tiger Woods golf and Jabso recommended Fallout 3 a few months ago so have been addicted to that for a awhile and am about to get the GOTY edition with all the add-ons.Am going to get Borderlands soonish as ive been told its a bit like fallout

am a "old school' streetfighter 2 fan too_On the PC mainly stick to Civ 4.Used to be a big balder's gate fan but there has been a dearth of these games recently

bring on Diablo 3!

Blur

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've been playing Borderlands recently, after recently completing Fallout 3. It will tide me through to when Splinter Cell Conviction is released in February. :thumbsu:

Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
I've been playing Borderlands recently, after recently completing Fallout 3. It will tide me through to when Splinter Cell Conviction is released in February. :thumbsu:

Yeah I've only just discovered Borderlands on Xbox Live and it's changed my life :p Fallout 3 has to be my favourite console RPG since like Fable on original Xbox - damn I loved that game. Splinter Cell is going to be sweet, preordered that from work already. Next 3 months for games is going to be sweeeet, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Starcraft 2...list goes on!

Anyone play online, either XB Live or otherwise?

Gamer from way back here.

Currently on the PS3, but mainly with sports games, ranging from FIFA through to Madden, but Driving games take the cake for me, so I'm desperately waiting for GT5 to be released in a few months.

I've tried (with mates pushing me) to get into COD and other shooting games, but I seem to always come back to the sports games, guess it's a "taste" thing, and I'm addicted to sport, so no surprise there.

Hopefully an AFL game is released this year (rumours, rumours and more rumours), although most AFL games in the past have sucked immensely.

Can't wait till GT5 though.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Gamer from way back here.

Currently on the PS3, but mainly with sports games, ranging from FIFA through to Madden, but Driving games take the cake for me, so I'm desperately waiting for GT5 to be released in a few months.

I've tried (with mates pushing me) to get into COD and other shooting games, but I seem to always come back to the sports games, guess it's a "taste" thing, and I'm addicted to sport, so no surprise there.

Hopefully an AFL game is released this year (rumours, rumours and more rumours), although most AFL games in the past have sucked immensely.

Can't wait till GT5 though.:)

Yeah I love both Fifa '10 and Madden '10, and was playing Fifa to death until my friend knocked a fan into his xbox which was spinning my Fifa disc and subsequently destroyed it :(

One of my favourite games of all time still in AFL '98 on PC, I loved how you could alter the physical attributes of opposition players. I don't know how many 8ft tall Collingwood vs. 2ft tall Essendon games I played, but there were several.

I don't play as often as I once did, but I still consider myself an avid gamer. I loved Fallout 3 and still play it every now and again. I do have Xbox Live, although I really only use it to play GTA IV. I enjoy the variety.

I play Guitar Hero every now and then, also.

knightwheelrqr

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Chessmaster 10th edition + Grand Master edition anyone :p

Otherwise play some NBA on PC and AFL on PS2.

Don't mind the Devil May Cry series. The 3rd on PS2 is my favourite.

Not a fan of 1st person shooters/ strategy/ rpg games at all. For me only sport/ chess/ fighting/ racing/ action (3rd person type sword or gun type things)

Have a PS2 + Game Cube + PC and really have no interest in upgrading as I'm pretty happy with everything I have really.

Not sure if anyone has heard of this game, it has been a work in progress for a long time:

http://www.premiership-coach.com/

Sounds interesting to me anyway. Definately hope it gets released. Been waiting for a long time!

Football God

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man utd, miami dolphins
ps3 for me.

lately i been playing cod mw 2 a fair bit now, online of course. and i love it!!
glad my mates forced me too get it :thumbsu:

love the sports games, play some madden and fifa.

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
PS3 man here ,mainly play NBA 2K10,Tiger Woods golf and Jabso recommended Fallout 3 a few months ago so have been addicted to that for a awhile and am about to get the GOTY edition with all the add-ons.Am going to get Borderlands soonish as ive been told its a bit like fallout

am a "old school' streetfighter 2 fan too_On the PC mainly stick to Civ 4.Used to be a big balder's gate fan but there has been a dearth of these games recently

bring on Diablo 3!

I got NBA 2k10 and I am having a huge time adjusting to it from 2k9. The problem with the 2k series with me is that it's too realistic in terms of pacing. You almost have to play full 12 minute quarters to get a realistic score. This means you don't get realistic stats (especially rebounds, which sometimes I can get 10 a game for the whole team).

What I like about it is the best players have much more influence. You really have to give Paul the ball with NO and let him run it. Passing is more damaging than 2k9. Rebounding is harder. It seems like I get killed on the inside to outside 3s plays every game yet I can't get a man free for a 3 and when I do they choke, even good 3 shooters like Mills, Stojakovich and Paul (and yes I have got their shot style timing down).

Still easiliy the best bball game.

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
just after the preseason friendlies

Is this FM2010 or Championship Manager 2010?

FM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CM

Either way I would suggest actually buying FM if you like it as it Sports Interactive isn't a huge developer (although I think they're doing alright for themselves).

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
I got NBA 2k10 and I am having a huge time adjusting to it from 2k9. The problem with the 2k series with me is that it's too realistic in terms of pacing. You almost have to play full 12 minute quarters to get a realistic score. This means you don't get realistic stats (especially rebounds, which sometimes I can get 10 a game for the whole team).

What I like about it is the best players have much more influence. You really have to give Paul the ball with NO and let him run it. Passing is more damaging than 2k9. Rebounding is harder. It seems like I get killed on the inside to outside 3s plays every game yet I can't get a man free for a 3 and when I do they choke, even good 3 shooters like Mills, Stojakovich and Paul (and yes I have got their shot style timing down).

Still easiliy the best bball game.

it sure is a big difference and playing the "my player mode" takes it to a new level, you definatly need to concentrate more.Feel my pain,im a back-up SF with the Denver Nuggets playing behind carmelo Anthony.Im always out of position at PF or as a SG as carmelo is on 80% of the time,im getting schooled every game:eek:

Is this FM2010 or Championship Manager 2010?

FM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CM

CM 2010.I was always under the impression that it was the one to get.might check FM out then, cheers

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
CM 2010.I was always under the impression that it was the one to get.might check FM out then, cheers

Sports Interactive (developers) and Eidos (publishers) made every CM game up until CM5 which is where SI and Eidos split. Eidos kept the Championship manager naming rights, SI went to Sega and started Football Manager.

CM5 was built from the ground up whilst FM series was similar to the old CM games.

Apparently however CM10 is the first time CM seems to be a viable alternative, still no where as good but not as bad as people are saying the last few games were from CM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back