Collingwood has 4 players in the All-Aussie Squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Spuddd

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thats huge for Pendles to make the squad after missing a month of footy. Also nice to see Adams get a nod.

The FB, CHB position will be interesting to see who misses out from Weiteing, Andrews and Moore. You'd think Andrews is the lock.

Maynard is far from a lock, to make the team although it'd be great to see him get in.

Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only lock there is Moore.

I would say the only lock is Maynard. Moore might sneak in, Pendles and Adams no chance.

Moore has had a good season but he hasn't dominated like he threatened to at stages, and the competition for tall defenders is very strong this year with other KPD having brilliant years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would say the only lock is Maynard. Moore might sneak in, Pendles and Adams no chance.

Moore has had a good season but he hasn't dominated like he threatened to at stages, and the competition for tall defenders is very strong this year with other KPD having brilliant years.
Agree, though doubt any of the other KPD's have been more brilliant, just similar. Andrews is interesting because he has effectively missed 4 games. Moore is in the top 10 for intercepts and 1%centers. Maynards's stats read well.

Except as many critics points out, the coaches votes are dominated by mids. Virtually the top 20 or 30 are mids except for Dixon.
Even if that’s true, it means Adams is regarded by the coaches as a top 5 mid in the league this year. Given the AA squad generally throws a thousand mids in to positions they don’t belong just to get them in there, I’d be pretty shocked if Adams wasn’t selected. He’ll win the Copeland this year too, and comfortably.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even if that’s true, it means Adams is regarded by the coaches as a top 5 mid in the league this year. Given the AA squad generally throws a thousand mids in to positions they don’t belong just to get them in there, I’d be pretty shocked if Adams wasn’t selected. He’ll win the Copeland this year too, and comfortably.
Agree he will win the Copeland comfortably but his disposal lets him down a bit and in AA company there will probably be more elite disposers. He does deserve to be in I would think though.

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Over a decade of Pendlebury being a lock for the 40 squad when he's healthy (or even when he's not, like this year). Amazing, but no chance of making the 22 - who cares really, he missed 1/4 of the season and is still in the 40!

I think Maynard is a lock. Not sure there's anyone else in the competition who blends legitimate 1v1 lockdown ability and attack off half-back like him.

Moore should be there in my opinion, but that's just because I like the way he plays the game. Might miss out.

I don't think Tay will make it. Absolute warrior, but his disposal is neither clean nor flashy.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Over a decade of Pendlebury being a lock for the 40 squad when he's healthy (or even when he's not, like this year). Amazing, but no chance of making the 22 - who cares really, he missed 1/4 of the season and is still in the 40!

I think Maynard is a lock. Not sure there's anyone else in the competition who blends legitimate 1v1 lockdown ability and attack off half-back like him.

Moore should be there in my opinion, but that's just because I like the way he plays the game. Might miss out.

I don't think Tay will make it. Absolute warrior, but his disposal is neither clean nor flashy.
Agree with that, Maynard is so versatile. Hope he gets in. Adams and Maynard will be 1 and 2 in the Copeland. If style is factored into the selections, Moore would get the nod. :) Gleeson in The Age says with May missing the squad, it is between Andrews, Weitering and Moore.

I'm going to assume that Andrews gets the nod for one of the three KPD spots as he is the absolute love child of all the commentators (despite him missing 4 games). He is a fantastic player though so I'm ok with it.

That leaves Moore versus Weitering. In what world is Weitering a better player or had a better year than Moore???? Moore is that far in front of him it's not even a competition.

If every captain lined them up and had to pick between them I reckon the only one who would pick Weitering is Crippa.

Maynard should be an absolute lock.

I think Adams will be unlucky and miss out.

Pendles missed too many games.

Kreme Pie

Team Captain
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm going to assume that Andrews gets the nod for one of the three KPD spots as he is the absolute love child of all the commentators (despite him missing 4 games). He is a fantastic player though so I'm ok with it.

That leaves Moore versus Weitering. In what world is Weitering a better player or had a better year than Moore???? Moore is that far in front of him it's not even a competition.

If every captain lined them up and had to pick between them I reckon the only one who would pick Weitering is Crippa.

Maynard should be an absolute lock.

I think Adams will be unlucky and miss out.

Pendles missed too many games.

I agree with all of this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back