Collingwood has 4 players in the All-Aussie Squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm going to assume that Andrews gets the nod for one of the three KPD spots as he is the absolute love child of all the commentators (despite him missing 4 games). He is a fantastic player though so I'm ok with it.

That leaves Moore versus Weitering. In what world is Weitering a better player or had a better year than Moore???? Moore is that far in front of him it's not even a competition.

If every captain lined them up and had to pick between them I reckon the only one who would pick Weitering is Crippa.

Maynard should be an absolute lock.

I think Adams will be unlucky and miss out.

Pendles missed too many games.
A lot of love for Weitering. Interesting that when we played Carlton, Moore and Adams got us over the line, Weitering was pretty average.

A lot of love for Weitering. Interesting that when we played Carlton, Moore and Adams got us over the line, Weitering was pretty average.
Weitering is usually pretty average and I’ve seen most of their games this year. He’s a good player but that’s about it.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Weitering is usually pretty average and I’ve seen most of their games this year. He’s a good player but that’s about it.
Agree, but don't be surprised if he gets in. Would like to see him trying to defend in our team the way it comes in so often without pressure applied.

Agree, but don't be surprised if he gets in. Would like to see him trying to defend in our team the way it comes in so often without pressure applied.
I wouldn’t be surprised just pissed off.

esc0bar

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Adams should not be considered until he cleans up his skills. atrocious at the best of times, it’s obvious that these judges don’t watch Collingwood games with a keen eye.

DopeMaster

Fair Legend
Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Adams should not be considered until he cleans up his skills. atrocious at the best of times, it’s obvious that these judges don’t watch Collingwood games with a keen eye.
I actually think he’s done that to a large degree already.

Rarely shanks a turnover kicking through the middle like he used to do once a game.

Barely see it happen these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
But to be fair how on earth is Moore rated behind Weitering, Jonas or even Andrews?

Moore defends just as well as any of them individually, is an exceptional kick, outstanding intercepting ability to help other defenders out.

Isn't Moore just a superior version of Andrews? I don't buy this ONLY defensive or ONLY offensive KPD bs

esc0bar

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I actually think he’s done that to a large degree already.

Rarely shanks a turnover kicking through the middle like he used to do once a game.

Barely see it happen these days.

I’m probably a harsh critique on Adams but I do watch him closely. Define rare? It was a part of his game for most of the season, albeit the last 6 rounds.

Interesting our 2 highest paid players aren’t in our 4....

I take your point but there are reasons.

JDG missed 8 games, and Grundy was AA in the previous two years, but was clearly off his best this season. I’d prefer to see what happens next year if both these guys stay fit and healthy.

Having 4 players in the squad is otherwise an achievement, given some of our ordinary performances in 2020.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
I take your point but there are reasons.

JDG missed 8 games, and Grundy was AA in the previous two years, but was clearly off his best this season. I’d prefer to see what happens next year if both these guys stay fit and healthy.

Having 4 players in the squad is otherwise an achievement, given some of our ordinary performances in 2020.
I'd also argue that Moore should be up there from the $'s perspective.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maynard simply has to make the side. No ifs or buts.

Pendles will miss out, Adams has been so consistent and very deserving of making the final team.

Moore as well has been simply awesome this season and at the end of the day it comes down to opinion between Moore/Andrews/Weiters etc.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood

Adams has cleaned up his skills massively this season. it's been clearly obvious to any Collingwood watcher this season.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Adams has cleaned up his skills massively this season. it's been clearly obvious to any Collingwood watcher this season.
I still don't think he is at a high level skills wise but he is making better choices and playing to his ability a little more. At one stage he was doing a very poor impersonation of Nathan Buckley who had the ability to hit targets most others couldn't.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Moore will get in, Bruzzy will get in, I think the other two miss. Adams because he will not be a popular choice and Pendles because he missed a chunk of football and the judges are looking for reasons not to select someone at the next juncture. Everyone in the 40 are deserving and even others outside that 40 are.

It's important to be good enough to get picked but you also can't give them a reason not to pick you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back