Club Focus Collingwood 2020 - Henry, Macrae, McInnes, Poulter, McMahon, McCreery

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Collingwood club focus thread
Sorry I am a massive Bucks fan over the journey but that was a brain dead message for me. “His toughest day.....”. Are you
joking Bucks, you stuck the knife into our players. Don’t make it about you, get out and tell some truth to us members. Can’t believe how weak the club has been
This, his tweet was actually just a further stab in the heart. I am gutted. I just can’t get my head around this. Aside from the disgusting way the players and the supporters, indeed us members, have been treated, how the hell did it come to this? It’s feeling like a trump move, to hang on regardless of the vote, or burn the building down on the way out the door. No matter the pain of the season before, losing grandfinals and prelims, I’m always excited for round 1. After the year from hell, I should be champing at the bit, I have a new lens on order and was hanging to go to training to use it, now I’m just dreading it. Footy is an escape, a chance to yell and cheer, I really missed it this year. I was in the cheer squad back in the late 70-80s, I sat through some dark times, 1990 is still in my memory the best day of my life! and then with my kids the years we fell agonisingly short with MM, until we finally cracked one. 18/19 hurt so bad, this year has just been a big WTF, and now? Well I’ll be honest and say I remember the glee I used to approach the Bombers news with, as in wow what happens next. Man I almost feel like I’m in their shoes. The stickers on my car are now an embarrassment, I love footy and collingwood with a mad passion. I stopped the roll overfor our legends memberships at 7.40pm. I will renew but it wont be legend level. I just want to keep my seat. And attend gameswith my daughter. I don’t know any fellow fan who is on the clubs side, I’m gutted, embarrassed and now angry as hell. I can’t see how the administration survives this. And even if they go, those players are gone. I remember sitting in the car park at Maccas, I wasn’t at the game, and I heard Rocco win at the last gasp against us in his first game against usfor north. Talk about déjà vu. Stevo has talent to burn, someone will get it out of him. And Treloar was heart and soul Collingwood. I wish he was a tiger. He does not deserve this.

And still, the question remains, Why did this happen? How did this happen.

An obvious point that a lot of people have missed while slamming his public statements.

If Guy was the man who created this monumental fu** up he would have been sacked before trade period started and the new face sent in with a get out of jail free card and the ability to say he was solely focused on the hard job ahead. (May well still happen a few weeks down the road).

The way large organisations with a high public profile operate is very much like politics. Guy wasn't giving his own responses in those pressers. He was sent in with the lines he was given from above and instruction that he was to repeat them no matter what the question.

Pies fans need to keep demanding the answers to who and how. If you don't maintain the noise, they'll just keep on repeating this sh*t until the press gets tired of reporting it.
100% agree

Guy and McGuire shouldn't either, but Ed had far too much power and influence, for any one person/member to challenge him. Reckon they all keep their spots and the club completely implodes in 2021 - ala Essendon drug saga and Adelaide camp debacle.

This is unheard of, just how bad it is. The fact that it's more than one player, makes it that much worse and shows that everything Mayne, Lumumba, past players and people involved with Collingwood have said re: culture and environment, is absolutely true.

We all like to dig the boot in to clubs, but I'm genuinely hurting for Collingwood supporters right now, as this is just such a mess.
Thankyou forthe last.

And this is exactly how I see it playing out, and it breaks my heart. Especially for my 25 year old daughter who attends games with me, my hubby hates footy so it was easy for me to brainwash her.

The other "victim" in this will be the unlucky pick 14. The new Richard Tambling. It's inevitable, especially if Treloar and Stevo are starring at their new clubs, people will start saying player 14 is what Colingwood got for those 4 players. If the kid struggles the comparison grows. It will be a mess. Hope for ours and his sake he turns into a gun otherwise he will be forever labelled.

I think in the interview with Ned Guy it was quite clear that David King didn't buy it.

Not sure the media is the party at fault here.

Absolutely they're not. I heard a few interviews overnight and Walsh, Anderson and Maguire were largely given free rides. I haven't heard the King interview but the others were a disgrace for those interviewing them.

The other "victim" in this will be the unlucky pick 14. The new Richard Tambling. It's inevitable, especially if Treloar and Stevo are starring at their new clubs, people will start saying player 14 is what Colingwood got for those 4 players. If the kid struggles the comparison grows. It will be a mess. Hope for ours and his sake he turns into a gun otherwise he will be forever labelled.

That’s a good point. The truth is more that the pies got 14 by trading out pick they already had at the start of the trade period. Not that the truth really matters in all this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez. This is a bigger debacle than hiring Collective Minds

🤣🤣🤣
Mate, those players have netted them a draft hand of picks 14, 16, 65, and 70. I think they're sitting pretty. Mission accomplished.
cant believe they got 2 first rounders. What a haul 😳

Brodie Grundy would be pretty worried imo. Poor 2020 season on a 7 year million dollar deal or whatever it was.

if he sucks again in 2021 he would be very very worried.
Why?

He will get paid every cent of his contract, no matter how shizen he is.

Clearly a very toxic work environment, dominated by the cult of personality with Eddie and Buckley.

Lumumba called out systemic racism. He was backed by teammates. Buckley and Eddie clearly lied in pretending not to know of it and then tried to sweep it all under the carpet with an internal inquiry. Lumumba, to his great credit, won’t allow it and will bring it into light through open court proceedings.

This year they also have a player facing serious charges for offences against women. Complete silence and sweeping under the rug from the club. And then they pull these moves to push out dedicated club men to make salary cap space to pay that guy facing indecent assault charges big dollars.

This trade period further reflects the same thing: complete disrespect for employees and lies and gaslighting to cover it up rather than owning errors and being accountable.

They stuffed the salary cap. That happens. The correct play was to fess up, move the players on and do so in a way that suits those players best (they couldn’t have got worse deals by being respectful because they were destroyed anyway by rival clubs who smelt blood in the water). And then after it, apologise to the departing players, apologise to remaining staff and fans and then internally deal with the stuff ups to hold people to account.

But this is the Eddie mantra. Deny, lie and cover up. He’s the Donald Trump of the AFL and he has moulded a football club in his own toxic, disrespectful, racist, sexist and narcissistic image.

I feel a great deal of sympathy for most of their employees and their fans.

Last edited:
And yet the media across the board have not called them out on this. Not in the interviews I have heard. Collingwood have doubled down on their fictional storyline. And yet in interviews noone has made the points you put forward.

Gutless.
Its a disgrace. Draft points are by no means the be all, but based on picks in and out, they actually netted a loss even from a point perspective.

The ineptitude is just mind boggling. No one is buying this rubbish. Why not just say the TPP excel spreadsheet didn't sum up all the cells and they are over...

Its a disgrace. Draft points are by no means the be all, but based on picks in and out, they actually netted a loss even from a point perspective.

The ineptitude is just mind boggling. No one is buying this rubbish. Why not just say the TPP excel spreadsheet didn't sum up all the cells and they are over...

Does Ned Guy seem like the kind of fellow to have basic Excel skills?

26ekzy.jpg

The Pies' list even with Phillips, Treloar and Stephenson isn't/wasn't good enough to be a salary cap mess. I mean it's a good list, but it's not Essendon 2000 or GWS 2016. If Hawthorn and Geelong managed to make it work in the 2010s with their lists Collingwood should have been able to manage theirs currently. Shocking mismanagement to give away those 3 players so cheaply. I get moving on someone like Phillips cheaply to create cap space, but Treloar and Stephenson, FMD. Stephenson is 21 and won the Rising Star two years ago. He is the sort of player teams should be chasing with early picks, not taking as a cap dump for pick 26.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back