Opinion Collingwood is a Corporation and not a Footy Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Staggering that we now get confirmation that Collingwood (Pert and Eddie) actually requested that we play a third game in 12 days (Carlton game) instead of having the game on the SUnday as the AFL actually offered.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/9e667b01b34ce45cb765f6964711ed98

All so we could have a gala ball on the Saturday night.

Wow, just wow. Wells probably plays if it's a 7 day break and Treloar obviously would have benefited from an extras day break too.

As I've said before I don't give a s**t about balls, or functions, or pandering to our rich fans and sponsors, I WANT A FOOTBALL CLUB THAT WINS GAMES.

We don't, and it's utterly stupid decisions like this that are helping in making the club we love, a laughing stock.
God Pert and Eddie are Idiots and don't care much about the Players and More Interested in Making Money

I mean, I don't love the corporate-pleasing direction of the club, but in the professional sporting environment most AFL clubs would be heading this direction, if they're not all already like this. It would be better to see some reward that comes with being known as the biggest club with the best resources in the league, and it's frustrating that we're languishing in the latter half of the table and don't seem to be going anywhere in the foreseeable future, but it would be ignorant to say the club is just focused on the team that plays in the AFL. Not in this day and age. Hell, Port are playing in China to try and gain a larger audience, whether it will work or not I don't know enough about the situation to say. AFL is about making themed rounds, a women's league and now clubs are throwing their names into netball leagues.

I do agree with the sentiment that the football is coming second to the superfluous interests of the club, but we all know it's not going to stop now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back