Collingwood is a win for footy

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Thread starter #1
Another poster on the Melbourne board mentioned this and I couldn't agree anymore.
Richmonds game style was ******* boring and was part of the reason footy has sucked lately. Pies tonight played aggressive quick footy and hopefully more teams copy them because that shit will get fans back watching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Melbourne
Another poster on the Melbourne board mentioned this and I couldn't agree anymore.
Richmonds game style was ******* boring and was part of the reason footy has sucked lately. Pies tonight played aggressive quick footy and hopefully more teams copy them because that shit will get fans back watching.
I made a thread last night about this but it didn’t catch on because 90% of posters are thick as two short planks.

I love the big forward target set up with a traditional stand and deliver approach. Eagles did it today. Next week will be a shoot out.

dean33

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Please, Richmond have played scintillating footy the last 18 months. Pies play a very similar game style built on pressure. Collingwood winning a win for footy, I’ve heard it all now.

Brent24

Club Legend
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've always found it amusing when idiots in the media/tigers supporters say we've copied their style.

They play a low possession game, while we're comfortably the highest possession team in the comp.
They rely on forward 50 tackles, even on Friday that stat was 18-8 in their favour. Our forward half pressure isn't anything to write home about.

If anything, the 17/18 tigers is a replication of the 2010/2011 pies, just without as much talent.

fairfooty

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Chelsea
I've always found it amusing when idiots in the media/tigers supporters say we've copied their style.

They play a low possession game, while we're comfortably the highest possession team in the comp.
They rely on forward 50 tackles, even on Friday that stat was 18-8 in their favour. Our forward half pressure isn't anything to write home about.

If anything, the 17/18 tigers is a replication of the 2010/2011 pies, just without as much talent.
As a neutral, the Collywobbles (said with affection BTW), played laser sharp, focussed, fast, accurate footy on Friday night. They kicked straight and there was not one instance of behind the play shenanigans that I saw to distract them. Their concentration for four quarters on playing their game was superb. So good luck to them - and Lord help us all next season. :)

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Spot on op

Richmond Sydney hawthorn play a crap style

You wants watch big forwards , good ruckman and fast movement
Not chip chip knock it on crap
Only get better too
Wells
Moore
Elliott