Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Another poster on the Melbourne board mentioned this and I couldn't agree anymore.
Richmonds game style was ******* boring and was part of the reason footy has sucked lately. Pies tonight played aggressive quick footy and hopefully more teams copy them because that s**t will get fans back watching.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Another poster on the Melbourne board mentioned this and I couldn't agree anymore.
Richmonds game style was ******* boring and was part of the reason footy has sucked lately. Pies tonight played aggressive quick footy and hopefully more teams copy them because that s**t will get fans back watching.
I made a thread last night about this but it didn’t catch on because 90% of posters are thick as two short planks.

I love the big forward target set up with a traditional stand and deliver approach. Eagles did it today. Next week will be a shoot out.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Please, Richmond have played scintillating footy the last 18 months. Pies play a very similar game style built on pressure. Collingwood winning a win for footy, I’ve heard it all now.

Brent24

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've always found it amusing when idiots in the media/tigers supporters say we've copied their style.

They play a low possession game, while we're comfortably the highest possession team in the comp.
They rely on forward 50 tackles, even on Friday that stat was 18-8 in their favour. Our forward half pressure isn't anything to write home about.

If anything, the 17/18 tigers is a replication of the 2010/2011 pies, just without as much talent.

fairfooty

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2010
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Chelsea
I've always found it amusing when idiots in the media/tigers supporters say we've copied their style.

They play a low possession game, while we're comfortably the highest possession team in the comp.
They rely on forward 50 tackles, even on Friday that stat was 18-8 in their favour. Our forward half pressure isn't anything to write home about.

If anything, the 17/18 tigers is a replication of the 2010/2011 pies, just without as much talent.

As a neutral, the Collywobbles (said with affection BTW), played laser sharp, focussed, fast, accurate footy on Friday night. They kicked straight and there was not one instance of behind the play shenanigans that I saw to distract them. Their concentration for four quarters on playing their game was superb. So good luck to them - and Lord help us all next season. :)

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Spot on op

Richmond Sydney hawthorn play a crap style

You wants watch big forwards , good ruckman and fast movement
Not chip chip knock it on crap
Only get better too
Wells
Moore
Elliott
Reid
May?

Oh and lynch should announce today shouldn't he or is he still thinking

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Spot on op

Richmond Sydney hawthorn play a crap style

You wants watch big forwards , good ruckman and fast movement
Not chip chip knock it on crap
Only get better too
Wells
Moore
Elliott
Reid
May?

Oh and lynch should announce today shouldn't he or is he still thinking

You were going so good until...

ltchyba11s

Draftee
Dec 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

Richmond supporters haven't been saying that, the media has.

ltchyba11s

Draftee
Dec 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Right. Thanks for your incredible insight into this thread from six months ago.

FWIW, you’re wrong. But whatever.
Can't comment until I see it. Just a small piece of sense for you. Doesn't make anything irrelevant. And I'm not wrong.

Please, Richmond have played scintillating footy the last 18 months. Pies play a very similar game style built on pressure. Collingwood winning a win for footy, I’ve heard it all now.
It was because Richmond were winning,not because they played a style bad to watch that got oppos sooking and Whateley to bring up “state of the game” which each Richmond win to make his Geelong mate Hocking change the rules.

Hardwick has found a way though to work through that with the strength of his assistants at Tigerland to get a team ravaged by injury this year to be 7 and 4.

Having said that I’d take Richmond’s style of last year to this year but early days,season is barely half over,senior Tigers to come in later and then we will up the ante,no use firing on all cylinders in early June.

Last edited:
Back