Resource COLLINGWOOD MATCH REPLAY ARCHIVE

Remove this Banner Ad

Still can't access the archive

this is the screen I get for every attempt

View attachment 670722
No matter what game or quarter I try to load it brings this dopey thing up and all interaction with that dopey little console fails . . ggggrrrrrrrrrrr
Check your privacy settings in your browser. I had a similar problem with it and also twitter posts, then I changed both tracking and cookies, now works fine. Or see if you can watch without logging in, that also worked.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
So, last night I actually had a dream about an old match - Rd 13 2009, Collingwood vs. Fremantle. I remember it vividly, because being the age that I am, it was actually the most attractive football I had ever seen Collingwood play.

We kicked 26.13.169 for the game, and I remember a heap of the goals were just glorious slots from the boundary and so on. I don't know what brought this to mind - Maybe just a wistfulness after two pretty (mostly) ugly wins in the past two weeks. To give you an idea of the kind of strange dominance from a bygone era we're looking at, Alan Didak had 39(!) disposals, Brad Dick(!) kicked 3 goals, and Shannon Cox got himself on the scoreboard.

But I did my best to track it down anywhere and couldn't even find highlights from the game, let alone the full thing. I noticed in posts earlier in the thread that both spook182 and Pie eyed mentioned having all of our games from that era, and so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if someone could help me out with it.

So, last night I actually had a dream about an old match - Rd 13 2009, Collingwood vs. Fremantle. I remember it vividly, because being the age that I am, it was actually the most attractive football I had ever seen Collingwood play.

We kicked 26.13.169 for the game, and I remember a heap of the goals were just glorious slots from the boundary and so on. I don't know what brought this to mind - Maybe just a wistfulness after two pretty (mostly) ugly wins in the past two weeks. To give you an idea of the kind of strange dominance from a bygone era we're looking at, Alan Didak had 39(!) disposals, Brad Dick(!) kicked 3 goals, and Shannon Cox got himself on the scoreboard.

But I did my best to track it down anywhere and couldn't even find highlights from the game, let alone the full thing. I noticed in posts earlier in the thread that both spook182 and Pie eyed mentioned having all of our games from that era, and so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if someone could help me out with it.

I will have a look through my hard drive VV.
I will ahve it if it was televised.

Soz VV,
I have every match but Pies v Freo and the first Pies v Crows match in 2009.
Will keep dredging the net though. Anyone else has it would great. Someone may have on DVD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Soz VV,
I have every match but Pies v Freo and the first Pies v Crows match in 2009.
Will keep dredging the net though. Anyone else has it would great. Someone may have on DVD
Thanks for trying - It seems this match is a ghost. It's weird that there's not even highlights of it anywhere.

spook182 is the only chance left at a miracle.

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman

Thanks for trying - It seems this match is a ghost. It's weird that there's not even highlights of it anywhere.

spook182 is the only chance left at a miracle.

Last edited:

SwanDaneFan1991

Emeritus Boot Studding Professor
Jul 20, 2012
The Pivotonian Wilderness
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs

MagpieBat Not a Magpie Bat, but a Magpie Legend!!! ;)

Has anyone got any matches from Name a Game, from seasons 1991-1998 inclusive? Willing to pay if need be.

Name A Game went under before I managed to ever get them, and my ex wife wasn't fond of me spending my hard earned, on myself :$

Last edited:

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
I liked that commentary team
Anthony Hudson I always liked, Robert Walls not at all, he just came across as being so dull, but I thought Michael Christian was a terrible commentator. Especially when he yelled it sounded about as bad as when Eddie McGuire yells!!

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anthony Hudson I always liked, Robert Walls not at all, he just came across as being so dull, but I thought Michael Christian was a terrible commentator. Especially when he yelled it sounded about as bad as when Eddie McGuire yells!!
they were the main commentary team when i first started following around 2005 so I guess I grew an attachment to their voices/styles and it leads to a bit of nostalgia. Can't stand most of the commentators today and hate channel 7 coverage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back