Collingwood media is a disgrace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol.

‘The upside .. Cotchin is out of the game with a hammy problem’

Is vastly different to

‘The upside .. Cotchin has done his hammy’

No free, play on.

I am thrilled when an opposition star goes off injured. Always have been and make no apology about it. I wish no harm to them and I hope they recover quickly, but anything that makes their life difficult will always be an advantage. Yep the tweet was badly worded, but it was simply expressing exactly what I would have thought if the Collingwood captain was out of the game with an injury.

Going to play devils advocate - Why the uproar about this.
Don't get me wrong as perhaps a neutral it is a shame - but when your team is their opposition of course you're looking for a tactical advantage. That's what sport is, tactical.

If you are fighting in War, are you going to be disappointed when the other Army loses their General? Of course not, because it gives you a tactical advantage. You don't turn around and say, "Oh I wish their general was alright so we can verse the best", you're looking for any advantage you can get.

Before you argue apples and oranges, Wartime and AFL has long co-existed unfortunately, to the point we have a round to respect our fallen diggers and rightfully so. And lastly, if anyone can turn around and say they've never once thought "Oh that's a blessing" when the oppositions star player goes down versing you, I'm going to call you out for a hypocritical liar you are.
Im sure most supporters are happy when an opposition player goes down with injury if it gives your teams leg up, hell I reckon coaches would be as well. However you wouldn’t hear a coach saying how pleased he was when he saw the oppo’s star player tear his hammy and nor should an official club statement say it.

7 consecutive MCG games to finish the season is a bigger disgrace

it's all relative

it may appear that way but our fixture has been lopsided with most of our away games already played earlier in the season, we had 3 away games in a row with the bye in the middle, 5 of our last 7 games are home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back