Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny153

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just scrolled through Facebook and saw the black and white show is returning.

However, at the end, they signed off the video with happy holidays, not merry Christmas.

The majority of the Facebook comments were taken up with people furious at the club for involving itself in these politically correct games.

What are everyone’s thoughts? I think the club should stay out of political issues (as do the majority it seems based on the Facebook comments and those I speak to).

How can we inform the club that they are best to leave the politics to the political parties and for the football club to stick to football?

Just scrolled through Facebook and saw the black and white show is returning.

However, at the end, they signed off the video with happy holidays, not merry Christmas.

The majority of the Facebook comments were taken up with people furious at the club for involving itself in these politically correct games.

What are everyone’s thoughts? I think the club should stay out of political issues (as do the majority it seems based on the Facebook comments and those I speak to).

How can we inform the club that they are best to leave the politics to the political parties and for the football club to stick to football?

My thoughts?

A fanatic is one who cant change his mind but wont change the subject.

I would've thought saying "happy holidays" was inclusive.

You could argue using "merry xmas" was making a political stance against inclusiveness.

Either way I think the whole debate is a load of hairy bollocks that is really insignificant in the scheme of things.

Jog on.

• Banned
I would've thought saying "happy holidays" was inclusive.

You could argue using "merry xmas" was making a political stance against inclusiveness.

Either way I think the whole debate is a load of hairy bollocks that is really insignificant in the scheme of things.
I, as have most on Facebook, have taken it as the club bowing to pc rubbish.

Who is offended by merry Christmas? Who doesn’t feel included?

If you aren’t christian, it doesn’t impact you.

It is rubbishing on the majority of the country all because a small minority want to find things to make our lives more difficult and get offended about.

Please stay on topic. If you don’t want to contribute that’s fine but let’s not make it personal again.

I disagree with you stance. Inclusion is good.

I disagree more with your obsession with bringing it up over and over and even starting a whole new thread for it to no good purpose when there is already a thread on the nest for this.

And you really want to be the one to lecture people on getting personal?

Hows that for on topic.

I, as have most on Facebook, have taken it as the club bowing to pc rubbish.

Who is offended by merry Christmas? Who doesn’t feel included?

If you aren’t christian, it doesn’t impact you.

It is rubbishing on the majority of the country all because a small minority want to find things to make our lives more difficult and get offended about.
The majority of the country is secular anyway.

This is people getting outraged for the sake of getting outraged or worse....

• Banned
I disagree with you stance. Inclusion is good.

I disagree more with your obsession with bringing it up over and over and even starting a whole new thread for it to no good purpose when there is already a thread on the nest for this.

And you really want to be the one to lecture people on getting personal?

Hows that for on topic.
How is saying merry Christmas not inclusive?

We live in a country founded on Christian values, with a deep Christian tradition. We celebrate the Christmas Day holiday.

How is saying merry Christmas not inclusive? Are there other celebrations on now? No. We are celebrating Christmas. So let’s cut the pc crap and call it for what it is.

The comments on Facebook hugely support this view in numbers .

• Banned

No it’s the club being pc because the authoritarian left of the country are trying to limit free speech.

They are the ones being outraged at merry Christmas is not inclusive. Don’t try to switch it around the other way. People are just objecting to their speech being limited.

Last edited:

Oh its worse. Its people who feel the world changing and people they dislike moving on with their lives and not giving them the time of day hating their irrelevance and trying to hold back the tide Canute like.

Meanwhile though they dont have the power to hold back the tide they do have the power to make life s**t for everyone around them so they do, equal parts malice and fear. And we have to watch them masturbate in their baggy old y fronts and applaud their every spittle laden utterance.

Seriously, all the people on facebook? Facebook has degenerated into an echo chamber of angry middle aged dudes. Us young tykes have left it ages ago. Quoting facebook as evidence of anything other than a cross section of one nation voters and people who write angry letters to newspapers is obtuse. Its like quoting the comment section of an article on the Hersld Sun website. Not a representative cross section of anything other than people who should be shot from a cannon into the sun.

How is it relevant what you consider the majority of the country are?

The facts of the matter are we have a day off to celebrate Christmas Day. That is the fact. Not acknowledging that say is actually not being inclusive to christians

Last edited:
Oh its worse. Its people who feel the world changing and people they dislike moving on with their lives and not giving them the time of day hating their irrelevance and trying to hold back the tide Canute like.

Meanwhile though they dont have the power to hold back the tide they do have the power to make life s**t for everyone around them so they do, equal parts malice and fear. And we have to watch them masturbate in their baggy old y fronts and applaud their every spittle laden utterance.

Seriously, all the people on facebook? Facebook has degenerated into an echo chamber of angry middle aged dudes. Us young tykes have left it ages ago. Quoting facebook as evidence of anything other than a cross section of one nation voters and people who write angry letters to newspapers is obtuse. Its like quoting the comment section of an article on the Hersld Sun website. Not a representative cross section of anything other than people who should be shot from a cannon into the sun.
You don’t think bigfooty is an echo chamber of far left greenie types?

DOnt have the power to hold back the tide? How have the progressives done in recent elections both here and overseas?

It’s a noisy minority who think they speak for everyone and are the majority that are at issue, no one else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not particularly.

You should go live in the SRP board. You would be happier there. We would be happier with you there.
Again with the personal.

“We” talking for everyone again.

This is a collingwood board issue as it relates to what the Collingwood media team is doing.

Mods please deal with the personal attacks. I don’t want to have to respond in turn to your displeasure again.

DOnt have the power to hold back the tide? How have the progressives done in recent elections both here and overseas?

It’s a noisy minority who think they speak for everyone and are the majority that are at issue, no one else
And I love the violent metaphors for anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the progressive world view. How is that for inclusiveness.

Not particularly.

You should go live in the SRP board. You would be happier there. We would be happier with you there.
If you don’t think it’s an echo chamber, I suggest you read more broadly and talk to a wider range of people other than ones who think the same way as you.

I think everyone can acknowledge bigfooty would have a far greater proportion of far left and left posters on average relative to the Australian population.

Again with the personal.

“We” talking for everyone again.

This is a collingwood board issue as it relates to what the Collingwood media team is doing.

Mods please deal with the personal attacks. I don’t want to have to respond in turn to your displeasure again.

Yeah I seriously doubt im alone on this one. You are a Collingwood board issue. Right here and right now. You have helped to suck every last morsel of fun out of this board like some fun vampire. Every thread you enter becomes a vomit stain dedicated to your personal obsessions. Yet you are still here. Well good luck. Enjoy. I dont know why you do it and i know even less why the mods havent binned you a long time ago. But Ill add myself to the people heading for the exits.

And I love the violent metaphors for anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the progressive world view. How is that for inclusiveness.
Quoting yourself, fair enough. Might be the best way for you to think your having an intelligent conversation.

Yeah I seriously doubt im alone on this one. You are a Collingwood board issue. Right here and right now. You have helped to suck every last morsel of fun out of this board like some fun vampire. Every thread you enter becomes a vomit stain dedicated to your personal obsessions. Yet you are still here. Well good luck. Enjoy. I dont know why you do it and i know even less why the mods havent binned you a long time ago. But Ill add myself to the people heading for the exits.
The number of pms I got saying they exact opposite to you would suggest otherwise.

I was encouraged to keep posting and they in fact were stopping posting due to the shouting down at alternative views displayed by the likes of you.

So just because your echo chamber is interrupted and you hear views you don’t like, you want to take your bat and ball and go home? That’s your decision but don’t call for bannings like the cancel culture you subscribe to so easily succumb to.

Well, at least we know the offseason is in full swing. I would have thought the diminished coverage throughout 2019 was a more pressing issue to vent over when it comes to our media department.

Must say though that I’m once again enjoying the grind videos and hope the return of the black and white show in 2020 can go some way towards replicating that in the season proper.

Quoting yourself, fair enough. Might be the best way for you to think your having an intelligent conversation.
It was clear the commentary I was referring to. Shooting people from cannons who don’t agree with your worldview isn’t exactly very inclusive now is it?

Well, at least we know the offseason is in full swing. I would have thought the diminished coverage throughout 2019 was a more pressing issue to vent over when it comes to our media department.

Must say though that I’m once again enjoying the grind videos and hope the return of the black and white show in 2020 can go some way towards replicating that in the season proper.
We also need the injury update back.

Protip: If you're like me that freezes a loaf of bread & retrieves as needed.

Spread your butter while the bread is still frozen. You'll find you use less butter & it won't tear your bread.

No one is yet to explain to me how merry Christmas is not inclusive when the holiday we all have a day off work for is Christmas Day?

In fact, not saying merry Christmas is actually offensive to Christians.

If we had a Jewish holiday, not acknowledging the jewish holiday is wrong.

Same if we had a Muslim one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back