News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sure CGU love the new Collingwood website design but yuck...........

I provided feedback (tab on right) and then couldn't shut the feedback box down - didn't like what I said :)

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but I've just finished watching 2 hours of AFL 360 (missed the first 10 minutes) and On The Couch on Fox Footy.

Total mentions of Collingwood FC = zero.

A brief 30 second reference to JDG at the end of Ton Browne's segmant.

Most discussed: Richmond, Brisbane, Geelong, WC.

Fair dinkum, if you relied on these programmes for your footy feed, you would be surprised to hear that Collingwood plays in the comp. 👹

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but I've just finished watching 2 hours of AFL 360 (missed the first 10 minutes) and On The Couch on Fox Footy.

Fair dinkum, if you relied on these programmes for your footy feed, you would be surprised to hear that Collingwood plays in the comp. 👹

We only get Mentioned when we are Losing

I actually did notice that. Probably not surprising though, the top 4 sides are playing each other this week and we're 5th, coming off beating the bottom 2 sides. Let us continue going about it quietly!

I actually did notice that. Probably not surprising though, the top 4 sides are playing each other this week and we're 5th, coming off beating the bottom 2 sides. Let us continue going about it quietly!
All that is valid and true, but you would reckon our game against Adelaide this weekend (5th v 9th, with the Crows desperately trying to save their season) would warrant maybe a 2 minute discussion from the panelists?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched it, and there was nothing of the sort. Only thing they discussed was Brodie and his contract. And also our forward line.
I had a go about the discussion on our salary cap issues in the Trade & F/A thread (not to mention Twitter lmao).

I love how Lloyd's idea of our ideal forward structure is exactly what we go for anyway. He's neglected to name a seventh player which would be Cox normally.

I had a go about the discussion on our salary cap issues in the Trade & F/A thread (not to mention Twitter lmao).

I love how Lloyd's idea of our ideal forward structure is exactly what we go for anyway. He's neglected to name a seventh player which would be Cox normally.

I stopped watching all footy media a while ago... they don't know anything more than us. Very rarely will they break anything that is fresh or new.

They come here for ideas... they don't watch every game religiously like we do so we know more than them.

Yeah. Maybe he was referring to right now since we are without Cox for the rest of the year. But yeah, everything he said was nothing new lol

Tuned into FC for the first time in ages, quickly reminded me why I stopped watching it. Hutchy has to be the most annoying person on tv after grant Denyer.

He constantly interrupts, talks over the others, When challenged he interrogates firing question after question without allowing them to answer the previous question to disguise the weakness in his argument.

Caro’s The only one the fires back but that doesn’t help things you just end up with two idiots talking over each other, reminds me of a US news program.

But hutchy is the biggest offender, he renders that program unwatchable.

I don't envy whoever has to balance the cap and make sure everyone is happy, and try to keep a bit of a war chest available to perhaps get future free agents. A bit of a mind boggling task... so much to consider and players' stocks and constantly rising and falling... have to be so careful but also pay enough to retain your stars but not overpay anyone and get the contract lengths right and all the negotiation. Nightmare job, would be very stressful.

It’s easy to see why it would be a full time job (Ned Guy in our case) ...

... what would make it very interesting is the very diverse skill set needed to do it well:

- Excellent negotiation skills (sitting across the table from player managers, understanding the need of the players)
- Excellent risk management skills (player age, durability, form, understanding risk profile of the list)
- Stakeholder management - being able to manage competing needs between coaching and recruitment.
- Creative - making the money stretch so everybody is happy
- Excel maven

Gee, imagine being a St Kilda supporter! 😃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back