Moved Thread Collingwood membership numbers pass 80,000

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop ignoring your ridiculous contradiction
Then stop being ridiculous! Only a 5 year old is going to get all fired up about a symbolic number like total members. Oddly, there seems to be a lot of 5 year old Richmond supporters on this board and it doesn't take Einstein to work that out. Just count the number of Richmond supporters in the annual membership numbers thread. It's embarrassing that one group has such an ingrained inferiority complex that they have to tear down any slight positive for another side regardless of the fact that anyone over 5 years of age knows how little meaning it carries. There's no contradiction in anything I've said because all I effectively said was that the number is impressive. It doesn't therefore follow that I think it's especially meaningful particularly when I've made a point several times of debunking it.

Who freaking cares?

Each member is another name the club can access for future upgrades, merchandise sales, fundraising, and so on.

The names are valuable, even if they are not a full 11 game membership

Congrats Pies, awesome effort

afl club membership nos border on fraud these days.... 3 game, non access, sponsorships... its all crap.

Best to get this sort of self congratulation publicised before the game where you were most likely to get your arses kicked...or not...

Then stop being ridiculous! Only a 5 year old is going to get all fired up about a symbolic number like total members. Oddly, there seems to be a lot of 5 year old Richmond supporters on this board and it doesn't take Einstein to work that out. Just count the number of Richmond supporters in the annual membership numbers thread. It's embarrassing that one group has such an ingrained inferiority complex that they have to tear down any slight positive for another side regardless of the fact that anyone over 5 years of age knows how little meaning it carries. There's no contradiction in anything I've said because all I effectively said was that the number is impressive. It doesn't therefore follow that I think it's especially meaningful particularly when I've made a point several times of debunking it.
THE ACCC WILL SET YOU FREE!!! Hahaha

THE ACCC WILL SET YOU FREE!!! Hahaha

I guess we know know why we have 16 million dollars from membership revenue last year compared to Richmonds 7.6 million.

How ever much money we have made, at least we know its legit

Says the supporter of the club that's giving away a free 2013 membership when they buy a 3 game $85 2014 membership.

It's funny, I was watching an Arsenal game on the weekend and saw an ad on the sidelines asking people to buy an Arsenal membership, so out of curiosity I went and had a look to see what they offer. You can buy various memberships starting from free digital memberships and basic memberships for 26 pounds. They'd probably sell a few of them.

The difference seems to be that English soccer teams don't get their dicks out and swing them around anywhere near as much as Melbourne football clubs do, because it would be laughable for Arsenal to proclaim how big a club they are on the back of thousands of 26 pound memberships. Man U have a similar membership for a similar price. No idea how much they sell though. Probably hundreds of thousands.

Says the supporter of the club that's giving away a free 2013 membership when they buy a 3 game $85 2014 membership.

It's funny, I was watching an Arsenal game on the weekend and saw an ad on the sidelines asking people to buy an Arsenal membership, so out of curiosity I went and had a look to see what they offer. You can buy various memberships starting from free digital memberships and basic memberships for 26 pounds. They'd probably sell a few of them.

The difference seems to be that English soccer teams don't get their dicks out and swing them around anywhere near as much as Melbourne football clubs do, because it would be laughable for Arsenal to proclaim how big a club they are on the back of thousands of 26 pound memberships. Man U have a similar membership for a similar price. No idea how much they sell though. Probably hundreds of thousands.
The free last few games of 2013 is just that and doesn't add to this years total. Nor does it inflate and deceive how many members we have for this year. In fact the club pulled the pin on counting towards this years shortly after we reached 60k.

How bout u get your facts straight before making incorrect assertions, we didn't give away memberships to add on to this years tally but the blues did to reach their target of 50K...
Richmonds clever marketing strategy from July/Aug was a raging successes with over 4,000 'new members' signing on for 2014 and thus receiving the remaining 2-3 home games free but the 4,000 new members aren't added on this years tally, they are paid up members for 2014...
(click on below link for final membership totals)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-22/membership-up-in-2013

Man u just couldn't help urself saw an opportunity to troll but u failed miserably :thumbsdown:

How bout u get your facts straight before making incorrect assertions, we didn't give away memberships to add on to this years tally but the blues did to reach their target of 50K...
Richmonds clever marketing strategy from July/Aug was a raging successes with over 4,000 'new members' signing on for 2014 and thus receiving the remaining 2-3 home games free but the 4,000 new members aren't added on this years tally, they are paid up members for 2014...
(click on below link for final membership totals)
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-22/membership-up-in-2013

Man u just couldn't help urself saw an opportunity to troll but u failed miserably :thumbsdown:

Dude, don't try and pretend your club is any different when it comes to cheap, en masse memberships in order to get the numbers up. Almost all the clubs in Melbourne do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back