Prediction Collingwood Midfield VS The Rest

Remove this Banner Ad

You can havr talent but... If you use them incorrectly... It wont work.
You can have prime Abblet, Judd, McCleod, Buckley, Hird, Voss on the same team but you use them in a way that they dont maximise their skills then its no point.

Hawks are the barometer in maximising skills through a systematic approach. They never handball blindly, never kick under pressure... Their inside players work hard to get the ball to an open trailing team mate who then kicks it to an open space or team mate with little pressure... The inside man does the hard work, the trailing man can be anyone but because they have little pressure on them they dispose correctly and accurately to a man who anticipated the play and ran to open space rather than wrestle with 2 defenders.

My point... Bucks need to implement a system that allows the talent to shine.

It was in the first half of the season. Add Treloar and Aish into the equation together with the expected improvement of Adams, De Goey, Crisp and Greenwood and our midfield becomes plain scary. No delusions of grandeur.

I'm sure Hawthorn will be shaking at the knees at our midfield as their midfield completely tears us a new one for the 10th time in a row...

Aish was dropped from the Lions midfield in 2015, don't expect him to be a jet in 2016, he is still only 19. Every team in the AFL has young midfielders who will improve just like Crisp Adams ect, the natural improvement is such a stupid argument because it assumes we're the only team who have young midfielders getting better.

For starters, I said if we need not every game. Secondly, Crisp showed he's more than capable of wining his own ball when tagging.
For starters, I know what you said, Secondly, when you play your third highest possession getter (and a damaging user at that) in a tagging role you will then naturally loose out on possessions as Crispy focuses more on following and nullifying his opponent rather than getting the ball himself. There's a reason taggers don't usually rack up big possessions and using Crisp is this way is just a waste of his talent. IF we feel the need to play a tagger then Greenwood would be the man.

For starters, I know what you said, Secondly, when you play your third highest possession getter (and a damaging user at that) in a tagging role you will then naturally loose out on possessions as Crispy focuses more on following and nullifying his opponent rather than getting the ball himself. There's a reason taggers don't usually rack up big possessions and using Crisp is this way is just a waste of his talent. IF we feel the need to play a tagger then Greenwood would be the man.
He played allot ass a tagger this year and was our third highest ball winner, seems like he can tag and win his own ball. With guys like Treloar and Aish on our side Crisp will hardly be wasted.

He played allot ass a tagger this year and was our third highest ball winner, seems like he can tag and win his own ball. With guys like Treloar and Aish on our side Crisp will hardly be wasted.
What games did he play as a tagger? You're probably right but I don't recall any. If he can get that many possessions and hit the scoreboard like he does playing as a tagger then he's too good to be played as a tagger. He just has too much talent himself and can be too damaging to waste it worrying about what his man is doing. Also there's a difference between being tasked with tagging someone and shutting them down or playing a close checking run with role. In the prior you do whatever it takes and don't worry about the ball to completely focus on shutting down an op player like Crowley, Mcaffer. In the latter case you are expected to just be very accountable and play one on one with your opponent and not let them off to do their own thing. This is not tagging. I've never seen Crisp play a traditional tagger role.

What games did he play as a tagger? You're probably right but I don't recall any. If he can get that many possessions and hit the scoreboard like he does playing as a tagger then he's too good to be played as a tagger. He just has too much talent himself and can be too damaging to waste it worrying about what his man is doing. Also there's a difference between being tasked with tagging someone and shutting them down or playing a close checking run with role. In the prior you do whatever it takes and don't worry about the ball to completely focus on shutting down an op player like Crowley, Mcaffer. In the latter case you are expected to just be very accountable and play one on one with your opponent and not let them off to do their own thing. This is not tagging. I've never seen Crisp play a traditional tagger role.

If that isn't tagging, then I don't want to see a tagger in the side again. Crisp can a run with role if we need, no traditional tagger.

I'm sure Hawthorn will be shaking at the knees at our midfield as their midfield completely tears us a new one for the 10th time in a row...

Aish was dropped from the Lions midfield in 2015, don't expect him to be a jet in 2016, he is still only 19. Every team in the AFL has young midfielders who will improve just like Crisp Adams ect, the natural improvement is such a stupid argument because it assumes we're the only team who have young midfielders getting better.
I'd like to remind you that Aish was rated the best U16 player in the country. He was played on the half back flank at Brisbane last season. That's like playing Sidebottom at half back in his second season at Collingwood. Little wonder Aish quit Brisbane. Treloar racks up stats at age 22 that compare with some of the best mids in the history of the game. Compare Adam's stats this season to last season and extrapolate that to his expected improvement next season provided he doesn't get injured and you have some idea what to expect. Greenwood never got going going until the last half dozen games. He will be a totally different player next year. How many first year year recruits start their careers playing out of the centre? We saw only a sample of what De Goey is capable of, so expect to see a much better player next year. Similarly Crisp will improve again next year as he learns more about his team mates. We have a lot to look forward to next year. Pity you don't see it.

No it doesn't. It assumes we will have more younger midfielders getting better at a rate quicker than the opposition. What is stupid is dismissing natural improvement because 'it happens to everyone'.

I'd like to remind you that Aish was rated the best U16 player in the country. He was played on the half back flank at Brisbane last season. That's like playing Sidebottom at half back in his second season at Collingwood. Little wonder Aish quit Brisbane. Treloar racks up stats at age 22 that compare with some of the best mids in the history of the game. Compare Adam's stats this season to last season and extrapolate that to his expected improvement next season provided he doesn't get injured and you have some idea what to expect. Greenwood never got going going until the last half dozen games. He will be a totally different player next year. How many first year year recruits start their careers playing out of the centre? We saw only a sample of what De Goey is capable of, so expect to see a much better player next year. Similarly Crisp will improve again next year as he learns more about his team mates. We have a lot to look forward to next year. Pity you don't see it.

Typical bigfooty response.

There is a lot to look forward to in 2016, but as usual most Collingwood fans are drastically overrating us.

Where you see us next year is where we will be in 2017/2018 when our young brigade are hitting the 22/23 age zone. We'll be 9-6th next year and our midfield will be somewhere mid-tier.

I'm hoping we hit the top 4 in 2018 everything going to plan, but of course footy isn't always predictable.

Typical bigfooty response.

There is a lot to look forward to in 2016, but as usual most Collingwood fans are drastically overrating us.

Where you see us next year is where we will be in 2017/2018 when our young brigade are hitting the 22/23 age zone. We'll be 9-6th next year and our midfield will be somewhere mid-tier.

I'm hoping we hit the top 4 in 2018 everything going to plan, but of course footy isn't always predictable.
Our midfield will be on paper as good as anyone in the comp. you can't say that Pendlebury, Swan, Treloar and Sidebottom would be the basis of a mid tier midfield, that is 4 potential all Australians. Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo are the only other teams that could make claim to genuine midfield star power like that, not even Geelong with Dangefield. And Crisp, Greenwood, Adams and De Goey proved themselves last year to be very reliable and will complement those 4 well.

Our midfield will be on paper as good as anyone in the comp. you can't say that Pendlebury, Swan, Treloar and Sidebottom would be the basis of a mid tier midfield, that is 4 potential all Australians. Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo are the only other teams that could make claim to genuine midfield star power like that, not even Geelong with Dangefield. And Crisp, Greenwood, Adams and De Goey proved themselves last year to be very reliable and will complement those 4 well.

Our midfield on paper is one thing, our midfield on output is not even close to the same league as teams like Hawthorn and Fremantle.

Still years away from reaching their level when De Goey Aish ect are 22/23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back