Shane O'Bree - 5
Anthony Rocca - 4
Josh Fraser - 3
Andrew Williams - 2
Rhyce Shaw - 2
Brodie Holland - 2
James Clement - 1
Jason Cloke - 1

Nathan Buckley has ran out 4 votes clear of Chris Tarrant and Scott Burns, after a slow start to the season has placed 3rd with 11, 5 clear of 4th place Licuria.

Place votes for round 14 game vs. Kangaroos here.

3. Fraser
2. Woewodin
1. Johnson

Also Buckley, Burns, Clement, Tarrant, Rocca, Licuria, O'Bree.

3. Buckley
2. Woewodin
1. Clement/Licuria

Stiff: Johnson, Holland, Tarrant, Rocca, Fraser. Bloody near everybody else.

Good to see the much maligned Ben Johnson get due acknowledgement for a great game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by hotpie
Good to see the much maligned Ben Johnson get due acknowledgement for a great game.

Truthfully, I've always been a bit of a fan of Johnson. He's fast and he's a close checker and his kicking can be quite good when he concentrates. I recall, I think the year before last, he started off the season very well, looked exciting, and then was suspended and couldn't quite get back into his form of the start of that season.

How some people have failed to give Bucks a vote is beyond me. Oh well !!

3 - Buckley
2 - Rocca
1 - Johnson

Clement unlucky due to injury, Wakelin & Presti were outstanding also.

Johnson didn't play a great game, he played an OK game (which is probably great for him). He still has twice the team average for clangers and nearly always kicks to a contest.
1 game does not make him a star (we fell for that trap last year after the tackle at Port)

As to my votes

3 - Rocca
2 - Buckley
1 - Holland
Sorry to Jimmy Clement who was fantastic.

Originally posted by Murray
Johnson didn't play a great game, he played an OK game (which is probably great for him). He still has twice the team average for clangers and nearly always kicks to a contest.

Every kick of his hit the target (except one behind from 50). He is a clumsy kick with an awkward two handed style but is surprisingly effective. Often his clangers are due to the pressure of being under pressure, clearing out of packs etc.

Originally posted by dogga16
How some people have failed to give Bucks a vote is beyond me. Oh well !!

Because it was a fantastic team effort. Funnily eonough nobody has mentioned Tarrant either, who kept slipped under the radar with four goals. Or Molloy who was extremely effective.

Hotpie - First I'll start with the things we are in full agreement on.
1. BJ played OK on Saturday (although you say it was great).
2. He has great pace
3. He tries very hard
Now the stuff we don't agree on.
He had 3 clangers (official AFL stats) , so your view that he had one bad kick is just plain wrong. As I said he nearly always kicks to a contest and he did so on 5 occassions on Saturday (I was at the game and I had it taped as well - so I rechecked).
The Team clanger average per game is 1.6 BJ's is twice that at 3.5.

People say he is in the team because he does exactly what MM wants him to do, that being the case MM has got it wrong IMO. BJ only ever plays well when the rest of the team plays well, he never plays well ie steps up, when the team is down. That is not the type of player I would want in the team.
I know Bucks is not a good example, but he plays well when we are up or down, others do as well Clement, Lica, etc

Mate don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at you, you are fully entiled to you views and I respect them and I am happy to debate the issue with you.
Sorry for placing this reply on the votes post but it was the post where the debated kicked off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back