News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

He's likely to be able to get a discount for any assets that he brought into the marriage, e.g., his Port Adelaide jumper, (as Tanya is too) - the problem is, the assets are valued at the time that they were brought into the marriage (not current market value), so if the assets have accrued value over the life of the marriage, then that improved value is shared.
That’s not my experience at all.
It’s the value at the time of settlement, not even of the actual break up.
For example, the real estate is valued at that moment, super, and other items valued at their sale value at that time.

Otherwise, if I bought a house 20 years ago when we were just dating, it would be valued at $450k not $1.5M.

If there’s a legal eagle to tell me I’m mistaken, please let me know.

For example, the real estate is valued at that moment, super, and other items valued at their sale value at that time.

Otherwise, if I bought a house 20 years ago when we were just dating, it would be valued at $450k not $1.5M.

Yes, the asset pool is based on current/agreed value (things like house valuations can take some time unless you sell the asset). If you brought an un-encumbered $450k house into the relationship at the time of the marriage (or co-habitation) then you're entitled to that - so effectively, the value of the house asset would be $1.5M - $0.45M. If you didn't have children, then you could seek a settlement based purely on contribution - once you have kids, contribution tends to not apply.

Key thing to remember is that the Family Court is skewed to providing women with a more favourable outcome (over the period of my divorce, I had six different barristers and they all said the same thing - if you were the mother, you'd get between 10% - 20% more).

In the end, it's likely that the settlement will be whatever you agree it to be as the courts don't like making orders on this stuff and prefer that you work with your counsel and the other party to get orders by consent.

Was a great team game - every player lifted, some were on from the start. But the team work really stood out from the 2nd quarter.
Yep, it finally looked like the connection they had with each other last year, and which we expected would grow from winning a premiership together really shone through on Saturday.

Hopefully it just keeps growing.

Yep, it finally looked like the connection they had with each other last year, and which we expected would grow from winning a premiership together really shone through on Saturday.

Hopefully it just keeps growing.
Some of those 4th quarter goals Bobby dished off - Reef and Miochek ran to the dangerous spot (in the goal square) knowing that there wouldn't be a low percentage shot at goal. Team work, trust, execution of gameplan - moving the ball quickly (by hand).

Some of those 4th quarter goals Bobby dished off - Reef and Miochek ran to the dangerous spot (in the goal square) knowing that there wouldn't be a low percentage shot at goal. Team work, trust, execution of gameplan - moving the ball quickly (by hand).
It was great to see live at the game. Will watch the replay tonight I think, just so I can also enjoy listening to the commentary about Bobby's selflessness.

I have to admit, I was a little nervous they were over using it & going to stuff it up. May have yelled out 'just KICK it' a couple of times 😆

It was great to see live at the game. Will watch the replay tonight I think, just so I can also enjoy listening to the commentary about Bobby's selflessness.

I have to admit, I was a little nervous they were over using it & going to stuff it up. May have yelled out 'just KICK it' a couple of times

I yelled at Cox to get rid of it, before he slipped that tackle and it resulted in a goal. I thought he held it too long and needed to take the first option. Oops!

It's interesting that some media outlets are saying Pendles was cheated out of hitting 10,000 career disposals by being subbed off on Saturday.
To me, it's obvious that its been planned for him to reach it during the biggest game of the year after the GF.
The team just needs to do the right thing and bury the bummers.
Pendles for another Anzac Day medal!

The poster was suggesting that with your house example what would be split is the amount the house has increased in value during the marriage - $1.05 million.

No idea if that's right.

The poster was suggesting that with your house example what would be split is the amount the house has increased in value during the marriage - $1.05 million.

No idea if that's right.
It depends on the total asset pool. But enough of this conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back