News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

The latest episode of the Grind is interesting with insights from Sando and Moore. Albert Parker predicted that the latter would be on and was right. Lots of focus on the pracci match against the old enemy.
darcygreen.PNG

Darcy spoke beautifully, mature and ready to take the next step and loved the genuine feeling for the club and players Sando had too.
Geez I'm pumped for the start of the season!!!...
But also conscious of the preseason hype and optimism that every team feels this time of year..... but * it carn pies 💪

Darcy spoke beautifully, mature and ready to take the next step and loved the genuine feeling for the club and players Sando had too.
Geez I'm pumped for the start of the season!!!...
But also conscious of the preseason hype and optimism that every team feels but... **** it carn pies 💪
He seems to be leadership material. It is pleasing to hear that the group seems to be such a tight bunch.

Pendles to be skipper. Sidey, Adams and Howe are the VCs.

Grundy and Roughead round out the leadership group. Have to say I really rate the Roughy inclusion.

Pendles to be skipper. Sidey, Adams and Howe are the VCs.

Grundy and Roughead round out the leadership group. Have to say I really rate the Roughy inclusion.

He would of been in it last year but did not want it as his 1st Season at the Club

Anyone who's mentioned Grundy as being in the leadership group has been shot down by a certain poster off an article from 3 or 4 years ago.

Whoops!!!!!!!

This news hasn't got as much attention that it deserved IMO. Even more so with the reporting that Rendell has been reduced to a part time role (he replaced Jason Taylor if memory serves).

We really need to make sure Milesi is replaced by someone of equal standing during the year as we can't afford to take a she'll be right attitude with our recruitment which is arguably the most important area within the structure of a football club.

Only those within the club know how many players Dom identified actually went on to be recruited and successful at Collingwood or elsewhere but the dogs aren't exactly lacking in young talent themselves so you suspect they don't believe they're getting themselves a pup with this appointment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JA: Can Magpie supporters look forward to any positional changes in 2020?
NB: We’re definitely want to be more adaptable. Look at a bloke like Chris Mayne who has become invaluable to us because he plays on a wing, goes forward, goes back. He plugs so many holes and plays so many roles really well. We need our legitimate inside midfielders to have the capacity to go forward a little bit more. It has been developing over the last couple of years but we want to take it to another level. The flip side to that is guys who have traditionally been strike forwards we’d like to think they can take some responsibility in the midfield.

ec2a3ee672aae13d5fe3b38721e1f514

deb12ac4fa0c9b41275fa36b61ec89f1

JA: Which raises the question of where does Jordan De Goey play?
NB: He has always drawn the ball. We see him short term as a big-bodied midfielder with great speed and agility, someone who can be ballistic inside. But the reality is he’s pretty valuable for us in the front half given his ability to win one on ones and find the goals out of the forward 50m. If we had two of him he would play both positions. He continues to work on his fitness and isn’t at the stage of his development where he could be a Taylor Adams, Scott Pendlebury or Adam Treloar, where he could spend whole games in the midfield, although I think the game is going away from that as we just discussed. He’ll be part of that adaptability where we get fresh legs through the middle more often.

JA: How do you see your list profile?
NB: We are one of the more experienced and older lists on average. Sometimes that can be misleading. Some of our younger players such as Brayden Maynard and Jack Crisp have been exposed to a lot more footy than they may have been but for injury to players such as Jamie Elliott and Darcy Moore. But we do have young blokes playing really important roles in the side. Through 2015, ’16 and ’17 there was damage caused by injury but we have been able to create more depth.

JA: Could we see Moore and Jeremy Howe sometimes go forward?
NB: There is a reason why players change positions and it’s because they have more impact there. We recruited Brodie Mihocek as a key back and due to injury we played him in the VFL as a forward for two weeks where he did well and he hasn’t looked back since. You will see Brodie behind the ball at times and you will see Darcy in front of the ball at times. But Darcy and Jeremy are elite key backs who are potential All-Australian contenders so they will play most of their footy in their preferred roles.

We just need some long deserved luck with injuries etc.
That we do.

There is this virus thing floating about....

You can guess if an AFL club got whacked with it....

Who would have that kind of ill luck?..... Hmmmmm....

Heh, nice editing

Great post Jen.

i like when they do things like this; The Grind etc.

they can do such good things if it’s on the agenda; I’d think it’s not a lot of effort.

makes the summer even more enjoyable.

Great post Jen.

i like when they do things like this; The Grind etc.

they can do such good things if it’s on the agenda; I’d think it’s not a lot of effort.

makes the summer even more enjoyable.
Sure does. Gives us fans some content rather than radio silence til round 1. You need a bit of fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back